Nintendo Skyward Sword Trailer

I am super duper excited for this game!!
I go on IGN Forums a lot and everyone moans about the graphics and how they look bad but I actually think the graphics look amazing in this game!!

and yeah, I also think that dude will be the villain, if not the main one then probably the guy you *THINK* is the main bad guy but really isn't

Skyward Sword dungeon demoed along with bird chasing mini-game

Nintendo allowed folks to get some hands-on time with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword during E3, and Destructiod was kind enough to film its time with the game’s demo.

linkwii.jpg

According to Jonathan Holmes, whose demo is posted below, “the bulk of the Zelda experience,” is spent running around in dungeons and exploring the world and in doing this, players will use the Nunchuk and the MotionPlus controllers.

He seemed rather impressed with the game, and enjoyed the boss battle in the demo.

Watch for yourself below.

Skyward Sword is out on Wii this holiday.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/10/sky...long-with-bird-chasing-mini-game/#more-179209

Update#1

Here is a link with some details about the story and the gameplay.

*WARNING* This link contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/0...ory-gameplay-details-from-the-show-floor.html

Update#2

Reggie: No dual-platform release of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Nintendo US chief Reggie Fils-Aime has poured cold water over the idea of a dual-platform release of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

skyward-sword.jpg

Asked if we would see a release of Skyward on both Wii and Wii U, Fils-Aime told VenutreBeat its assumption of not seeing a simultaneous release on both systems would be correct, adding that “it’s because Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was built to be played with a Wii controller.”

Back at E3 2006, Nintendo announced a Wii version of Twilight Princess – originally a GameCube only title – would be available beginning from the system’s launch in the US. The GameCube version launched a couple of weeks afterwards in December 2006.

Zelda: Skyward Sword was confirmed last week for a holiday 2011 release.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/13/reggie-no-dual-platform-release-of-zelda-skyward-sword/#more-179504

Update#3

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Gameplay from E3 2011!

At E3 2011 I was doing more than just visit booths and playing games the average gamer wasn't going to be seeing for at least 6 months: I was also filming! The first in twelve videos for your entertainment pleasure, check it out after the break.

Please note that, in this particular video my mic decided to die without my knowledge and as such there is no associated audio. Regardless, please enjoy.

Last edited:
Starting to get worried about this. I quite like the graphical direction the game is taking, sort of like a TP and WW cross, but my main concern is the controls. We know that the game forces you to use motion plus controls, there aren't any other control schemes available, which is disappointing to me, I personally had hoped for a classic controller option or at least the same system as in the TP Wii controls, but sadly we're forced to take advantage of the full motion thing. Nate Bihldorff's (Nintendo guy) comments annoyed me too, saying that the game encourages you to be active and described it as 'sort of a workout'. Is that honestly what he thinks players want? I'd much rather sit back and relax whilst playing Zelda games than be prancing around whilst Link holds the sword at awkward looking angles. The original Wii controls that were used for TP were fine, but this is too much considering the lack of an alternative.

EDIT: Just found this interesting article

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/117/1176717p1.html

So within Nintendo they're not even sure if this is the right way to do the game. That means at least for a while, the game was in development for more standard controls. Would it really have been so hard to keep them included as an option?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can still sit on your couch and play Zelda. You're just going to be moving your right arm a bit more than you're used to. I don't mind it though, as I much prefer full motion controls over what Twilight Princess had, which was "wigglan and wagglan".

As for the game, so far I'm loving everything I hear about it. If everything goes right, it could damned well be the best Zelda game to date. So I really hope things go alright with it.

I like the giant bird things, in addition to how the overall aesthetics and gameplay are looking; I'm just not happy about having to wait 'til the end of this year for a game that was supposed to be released last year.

hrmmm I couldn't find an official LOZ:SS Thread so I will just post this info here.

Nothing too special but it does tell us a little more about the game and gives a very rough idea of a release date

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword producer Eiji Aonuma has shared a ton of information about his upcoming game with Famitsu. Aonuma was asked about elements such as Zelda’s role, whether or not Ganon will show up, and much more. Believe me, if you’re a Zelda fan, you’ll want to check out the details below. But be warned that there might be a few spoilers here and there…

“She’s not a princess this time, which is something I’ll pretty much have to put forth right now in order to talk about this title. She’s a childhood friend, but she goes away in the midst of the game and it’s Link’s job to search for her.”
“This game’s plot is something like a school drama, you could say. The flying sequence at the E3 demo is Link competing against his classmates. One of them looks kind of a like a bad guy, as you saw, and he shows up in other ways in the game too, since he has a major thing for Zelda.”

“The game starts in Skyloft, this city that’s floating in the air, and you’ll come back to this town multiple times. Things are always proceeding along in town, and in that respect it’s very much like Majora’s Mask. Like with Majora, there are a lot of game events involving the townspeople that get intertwined with the main story. Link, Zelda and their other friends all go to the same boarding school, and you’ve got teachers and a principal as well. It’s a bit of a different setting from previous Zeldas.”

“With previous Zeldas, the common pattern was that the really neat items wouldn’t show up until later on in the game. You need to have the basic item set or it wouldn’t be Zelda, so the new items tended to get shunted to the latter part of the game. [Shigeru] Miyamoto said that had to change, like ‘This is neat, let’s bring it out from the start.’ So a lot of neat new items will show up pretty early on.”

“Yes, it’s only the people in Skyloft. Nobody on there thinks anything of it, though, because living in Skyloft and flying around on birds is normal to them. They don’t have any awareness of there being a mainland beneath the clouds and so forth — that gets expanded upon once Zelda goes missing, and you get access to the areas under the clouds.”

“It’s the custom for each person to have one bird. Link has a red one, and it’s actually a special and very rare breed of bird — which is something that makes him get picked on, like ‘Why do you get this fancy bird and we don’t?!’ But it turns out that you need that red bird in order to access the mainland. So the hand of fate gets involved here, like it always does in Zelda games sooner or later.”

“The demo shows when you first meet him, and plainly he’s looking down at Link, stopping his sword with his fingers and so forth. In terms of story image he’s kind of like Dark Link [from Ocarina of Time]; he sees right through Link’s moves in battle. You can sort of swing your sword wildly and still hold your own against a lot of foes, but there’s no way you can beat Ghiraham like that. You need to keep your distance and watch his moves, and it’s something you’ll need to change your strategy for. I think he’s a pretty good change of pace as bosses go, and he’ll change gradually throughout the game.”

“This game talks about the birth of the Master Sword, and it touches on why Ganondorf showed up. If you play it, I think you’ll get some understanding on that. It connects to Ocarina, so if you play Ocarina of Time 3D and move on to this game, I think you’ll catch on to a lot of things.”

“The whole game is complete, and we’re fine-tuning the balance right now. We were going to have it wholly done by around E3, but there’s so much volume to it, neither I nor Miyamoto have gotten to fully play out every aspect. The non-English localizations are proceeding along now, and we’re trying to make this a simultaneous worldwide release. You have to put Zelda all out at once or else the story’s going to get spoiled — although, really, there’s a ton to enjoy here even if you know a little about the story beforehand.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/68512/

I am really excited for this game :rage:

Zelda mastermind Eiji Aonuma has confirmed that Nintendo is putting finishing touches to Zelda Skyward Sword as the company aim for a global simultaneous release date. He also hinted that it could be huge.

While Aonuma told Japanese magazine Famitsu that the whole game is complete, he admitted that there is so much in Skyward Sword that neither he or Shigeru Miyamoto have played through it all yet.

"The whole game is complete, and we're fine-tuning the balance right now," said Aonuma. "We were going to have it wholly done by around E3, but there's so much volume to it, neither I nor Miyamoto have gotten to fully play out every aspect."

He added that Nintendo want to release the game all over the world at the same time because they don't want the story top be spoiled.

"The non-English localizations are proceeding along now, and we're trying to make this a simultaneous worldwide release. You have to put Zelda all out at once or else the story's going to get spoiled -although, really, there's a ton to enjoy here even if you know a little about the story beforehand."

Aonuma has revealed plenty of information about the story already. He said that Zelda is not a princess and confirmed that it shares links with Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask

The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be released in 2011.

[ Source: 1Up ]

http://www.officialnintendomagazine...-for-global-zelda-skyward-sword-release-date/

Back