[RP] Endless Cry: Final Fantasy VII

Fayd listened to yuffies pleas and smiled "well whatever happened you've certainally changed" he said he changed his voice in imitation "the great yuffie kisaragi accepts help from noone" he returned to his original voice and sighed. "ok ill help you yuffie seeing as its a favour to you." just then he heard anothers voice and felt a tap on his shoulder"Hey Fayd, do you want to help me with search somewhere? i'd rather not go alone, and you seem like a powerful person." how could he say no to someone who complimented him so openly. "sure" he replied happy to help resting his hand on the hilt of courflamme he held out his other "and you are?"

The helicopter landed outside of Cosmo Canyon. Abigail jumped off with a suitcase that carried the equipment needed. She gave a thumbs up to the pilot, and he nodded, and took off, heading back to Edge. Abigail watched as the helicopter left, and then looked at the staircase leading to the Cosmo Canyon. She then sighed and walked up, carrying her suitcase with her right hand.

When she reached the top, she took a quick glance around, and then noticed a fire that was set up on a platform, and decided to locate her research there. She walked to the platform, and when she arrived, sat down, crossing her legs.

She opened her suitcase and got out a laptop as well as two test tubes, one of the test tubes having soil in it. Both test tubes had a small piece of machinery at the bottum of them, and both had a USB port connected to them. Abigail grabbed a hanful of soil and placed it in the empty test tube. She then connected both USBs to the laptop, and then turned the laptop on.

When it was all turned on and Abigail was logged on, she opened up a special programme made by the WRO for research. With both USBs plugged in, Abigail then went on a scroll down on the taskbar of the programmes and clicked on 'Analyse Test Tubes.' Small light bulbs on both pieces of machinery on the test tubes turned on, and a message came up on the computer saying 'Analysing substances.'

Everything was in gear, Abigail saved one as 'Normal Soil' and the other as 'Cosmo Canyon Soil.' Abigail smiled, and then opened up an e-mail programme.

She begun typing a message, attaching the files 'Normal Soil' and 'Cosmo Canyon Soil' to the message, and then typed to send it to the WRO's research department...

"...And...send!" Abigail thought to herself...but the message wouldn't send..."What?...Why ain't you sending!?"

Abigail began getting angry...she then got out her phone and begun to ring her superior.

"Hey, I've managed to analyse the soils, save the analyse on, and attach it to my e-mail, but it won't let me send it!" Abigail explained,
"Hmm...? The area is an internet hotspot right?" Her superior asked,
"Well, I've just checked my signal, and it says that it can't pick up anything." Abigail explained,
"This could prove troublesome...but I suppose it is to be expected from Cosmo Canyon...unless it's your laptop," Her supperior suggested,
"I don't know, I'm a scientist, not an IT technician..." Abigail sighed,
"Very well...when are you due to be picked up?"
Abigail answered, "Tomorrow afternoon,"
"Very well, until then, try and improvise and see if you can compare the two soils," Her superior explained,
"Guess it can't be that hard...ok sir, I'll see what I can do! Nilem out!" Abigail then hung up.

Abigail sighed, and then begun trying to compare the soils.

Last edited:
Fayd couldnt help but watch as the woman got more and more angry. it was amusing. "...i dont know im a scientist not an it technician" "hold that thought" he said to his two companions and he walked over to the girl who was now trying to analyse two soil samples. "hey, need help with your computer?" he asked and with out waiting he pressed several buttons and the e-nail began to send. "3... 2... 1... gone" he said as the message sent "there you go" he chuckled as he turned and walked away. yuffie stared at him in awe. "hey so what if i payed attention to what people do on those things"

Shadow sighed quietly. This guy had better use more self-control otherwise he might just take back his compliment. "Name's Shadow, now come on, we are leaving as soon as i make sure no one else wants to come" Shadow looked across the canyon towards the campfire, and went over to join Sage and them. "Are any of you heading for the crater where the last battle was held?" Shadow asked coming up behind them.

shrugging slightly as the man walked away he turned to yuffie "he's strange but he seems ok huh?, im going to find out what i can get for my money." he chuckled slightly at the woman with the laptop, hoping he hadnt annoyed her too much or anything he continued to the ladder leading to the item and materia store. he exited several minutes later with a re-stock of potions a few phoenix downs and a smile on his face. he headed back toward the candle to see shadow was still there. he stood still at the edge of the fire-light. his eyes searchin for the man who had his canteen

((ooc: i hope it doesnt count as god-modding but i think i have 2000 gil yeah? well hoping that its the same cost as in the game i purchase potion x5= 50x5=250
pheonixdown x2= 100x2=200... 200+250= 450 2000-450=1550. thats ok yeah??))

Zephyrum
Cosmo Canyon || Forbidden Caves Entrance

Arms still folded across his chest in his usual guarded mannerism, Barret re-appraised the young man who stood before him. He listened intently as he began to speak of their duty towards the protection of the Planet, and a small smile couldn't help but form on the edges of Barret's lips as he then mentioned money. "Is that so?" He smiled to himself even broader, remembering a similar encounter some years before, when a young spikey-haired upstart was forced into helping Avalanche in saving the Planet ... though he had to be tempted by some Gil.

Still, money was the least that they could offer these new members. Especially with the battle that was to come.

"Count me in. I believe that Avalanche has the responsibility of protecting the planet...if that is so... I guess it will be worth to lend you a hand as well. What do I need to do?"

Barret nodded his head, coming to a decision as he slapped the man on the back of his shoulder. "Then welcome to Avalanche!" He grinned. "I'd give you the usual 'doom, gloom and no glory' speach, but you have the look of experience about you. You've definately seen your fair-share of battles." He nodded to himself once more, before indicating back towards the heart of Cosmo Canyon. "I won't lay it all on you know, but, to put it bluntly, Sephiroth isn't dead." He paused, letting that sink in. "Sometimes I wonder if he'll ever truly stay dead." He shook that thought away, then wondered how to continue. Luckily Red XIII approached, having overheard him.

"May I?"

Barret nodded his head enthusastically, and a little embarrassed. "Please." Nanaki would explain it far more better than he ever could.

"The life-stream breaks down life-energy and reforges it into something new. That is how every one and every thing is connected. With the power of Jenova's cells, Sephiroth however, has cheated this cycle. His spirit was broken only into three, which he created a partial Reunion with Kadaj, but that act gave him the cataylst to shield his essence." Red XIII looked up as Zephyrum gravely. "Now he gathes all the remnants of his spirit together. He'll be reborn, and more dangerous than before."

Barret sighed deeply. "We have to find out where this is taking place, before it's too late. Your mission is to travel to a destination and see what you can find out. Have there been any unusual events lately? Any increased monster activity? Anything at all to give us a clue. Take a look around, get your supplies, and when you're ready, you can leave. Maybe you'll find someone to travel with, otherwise you'll have to go it alone." He turned to Red XIII. "The others and I will be accompanying Cloud to the Northern Crater. That's the first place we're going to look."

Back outside, he looked over at the candle, seeing Yuffie with several new Avalanche members....

----- ----- -----

Fayd, Shadow, Yuffie and Abigail
Cosmo Canyon || Cosmo Candle

"Well whatever happened you've certainally changed. The great yuffie kisaragi accepts help from no-one."

Yuffie sighed deeply, lowering her gaze for a moment. "A lot has happened since we last saw each other." She paused, turning her gaze as a distant look surfaced within her. "I discovered a lot about myself, about life, about what it means to truly fight for what you believe in." She turned back to Fayd. "I stopped fighting simply for the glory of Wutai. I fought for the Planet." Then, with her usual energy resurfacing. "Though the two don't have to be seperate. I made sure that I got my hands on A LOT of materia along the way! That went a lot towards restoring the village!"

She then grinned, her usual winning smile lighting up her features. She nodded warmly as Fayd then accepted her request, and had decided to travel with Shadow. Shadow, in the meantime, went to see if anyone else would be joining them on their journey.

Overhead, a helicopter suddenly loomed up on the outskirts of Cosmo Canyon. Yuffie noted it's markings. It was one of the WRO's choppers. She hadn't heard from him in a while, and wondered what Reeves was up to now. Yet it wasn't Reeves that approached, but a young woman with a suitcase in her hands. She approached the candle and began researching the soil. Fayd went over to help her with her computer, before heading off to prepare himself for his trip.

Walking over to her, Yuffie stared at her, confused. "Can I ... help you?"

When the man came over and started typing buttons on Abigail's computer, she was confused at first, but then she got a bit aggressive,

"He...hey! What are you...!?" She begun...

But as she was about to continue what she was saying, a message came up on her computer, saying that the e-mail so successfully sent,

"...Ah, great!...Thanks!" Abigail told the man just before he walked away,

Abigail then smiled as she clicked the cross button on the windows, happy that her work is done for today. But just then, a woman approached her...

"Can I ... help you?" The woman asked,
Abigail then started turning off her computer, "No thanks, just doing some work..." Abigail then noticed who the woman was, "Oh my...are you...Yuffie Kisaragi...?" Abigail asked,

Abigail knew of Yuffie for two reasons, one, because she was among those who saved the world, and two, because she is always mentioned at work...If this was Yuffie Kisaragi...then perhaps she may be able to help Abigail with her work...

Zephyrum's eyes widened as his mind was flooded by the many theories concerning "Sephiroth's" revival. As he tried to seize all the information and understand it, Zephyrum thought first of Sephiroth's origins. That man was once a fine member of the long dismissed unit SOLDIER, which ended after the deaths of most of the members as well as the decision of terminating SOLDIER's activities. He also heard that Sephiroth and many others were part of a biotechnological experiments, much of the likes that were performed on Zephyrum himself. Zephyrum wondered if, by finding this Sephiroth, he could find anything to link himself to his very own past.

Suddenly, Zephyrum snapped out it, and then focused on the mission briefing. He was lead to the meeting room by Barret in order to meet a few other members of Avalanche. Zephyrum felt anxious to see how much he would improve in this organization, and he swore to himself that he wouldn't let them down. Still something about Avalanche made him feel uneasy; Cloud Strife. Sure he was the leader of Avalanche, but Zephyrum knew that Cloud was also a former member of SOLDIER. Could Cloud also be one of those experimental test subjects? If that so, how much Cloud knew about SOLDIER?

After the meeting was over, Zephyrum was rejoiced to see that he was being assigned to his very first mission.

-"Well thanks, I will help as much as I can. Perhaps, helping you might at the same time help me to decipher my own past...so long and see you later!"-

Zephyrum bid farewell joyfully to his new comrades. He then turned around and exited the room. Once outside, he went back to the commercial area and decided to visit first the Item Shop to stock up some supplies.

---------------------------------------------------
Name: Zephyrum Diamas
HP [250 / 250]
AP [300 / 300] + [50 Regeneration]
Limit Break [0 / 100]
Attack [100] + [20]
Vitality [20%]
Magic [50]
Spirit [5%]
EXP - Level 1 [0 / 100]
Weapon Materia Slot [IFRIT]
Armour Materia Slot [...][...]
Accessory Materia Slot [...]

Attributes:
[+] Vitality and AP || [/] HP and Attack || [-] Magic and Spirit
[+] Holy || Water

Attack [25 AP cost] Use your weapon to physically attack an opponent
Ifrit [150 AP] Summon Ifrit into combat
Item [50 AP cost] Use an Item from your inventory
Weapon Switch [No AP cost] Switch between weapons

Inventory:
Potion [x 6] Restores HP by 150
Phoenix Down [x 2] Restores a player from a KO status
Soma [x 1] Restores AP by 200
Gil [1500]

Last edited:
As Alexander checked for damage he noticed he had lost his all materia, the bandit must have stolen it! He wasn't in much pain so he quickly pulled out a phoenix down from his jacket pocket and with a swing of his arm the lid flew off, he then pulled it to his mouth and downed the entire flask. After consuming the liquid he threw the empty flask to the ground and heard it smash, he then ran toward the thief again while shouting in a rage, in an attempt to unnerve his attackers, holding his blade to the right of his body he ran past the thief while his blade cut through the thief's torso.

"I suggest you run now, the next time I attack you won't be standing"

Alexander turned to face the thief and bandit and lifted his blade so it was between the distance seperating the bandit and thief.

"I give you both one final warning..."

((ooc: the upgrade is an altered version of renos electro-mag rod but attatched to the swords instead. think of it as the R1 trigger in ff8 it offers a slight chance of a smal damage boost when striking, no status changs though, yet...))
Fayd returned to the side of the candle once more, clipping the battery packs into the hilts of both swords. he took a few practise swings, careful not to hit anyone, and reveled as with each swing a blue tinge ran up the blade. "nice" he thought. he returned his gaze to the candle and the others around it. he saw shadow talkin to someone else and yuffie was talking to te girl he hadjust helped with the computer work. she was smiling now an Fayd had to admit she was pretty. But looking to yuffie his heart leapt. she too was smiling. it was the one thing he missed the most. his past feelings were re-kindling, he looked away quickly. "snap out of it"hethought "nows not the time" but a voice at the back of his mind said "what if this is the perfect time?" he dismissed this thought immediately and pulled his face into a smile. he walked over to shadowand said "you ready to go?"

Back