Physical Ed

I had mixed feelings about PE. On one hand, the exercise was great. And we did play sports that I enjoyed.

However, I hated how my teachers always chose favorites. The students that they liked were the only ones that would get any praise (mostly because they were athletic) and when we were split up into teams, those students always ended up on the same team.

I also hated the exams. I could shoot a basket ball just fine or kick a soccer ball. But I could no serve a volly ball to save my live. And when we had our exam where we had to make 10 volleyballs over the net, I just barely passed.

what a totally pointless class. I mean what did I learn from it? absolutely nothing, it was just some hellish display of testosterone for kids too stupid to succeed in legitimate subjects.

some people thought our teacher was gay because he always hung around the locker room while the boys were getting dressed. he eventually got fired for losing his temper at a student

I came up with every excuse you can think of to avoid PE, and most of the time it worked too. But those few times I couldn't weasel my way out, I usually ended up getting hit by some kind of ball. Even if we weren't doing anything with balls that day, I still got hit by one!

The best part of PE was seeing if I could survive the physical without being hospitalized.

On a more serious note.... PE was okay.

Back