Odd similarity

lc hammer

Lali-Ho!
Gil
bairdcid.jpg

RIGHT: Cid from FF7 (obv). LEFT: Baird from Gears of war.

I never noticed this similarity until searching for images... and its crazy how much they look alike!! Like they even dress the same (goggles above there eyes, both has blue colors that stop before there elbow). I just thought you guys should see this cause i was pretty shocked by how much there the same haha

Last edited:
It may just be a coincidence, or a joke. There could be a real reason behind it like if people see Baird and know Cid, they may relate the two and want the game... So there are any number of reasons this could be, we can only speculate the true motives of the designer....

That is quite a canny resemblance- Baird looks like what would happen to Cid when he smokes one cigarette too much!

:cid:​

Haha, well I've played both of these games many times, but I have to admit i never really noticed this, however now you've mentioned it I'm sure I'll never be able to play either of them again without noticing this...
Thanks for that

Wow I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner. Anyway the thing is Cid is a pimp in FFVII and Baird is everyone's least favorite in gears. While Cid is a hard ass, Baird is a wuss.

They do look alike, don't they? Of course, that doesn't mean anything in a large sense, plenty of people and characters look alike, don't they? It's still kinda cool though, like that time someone said Laguna looked like Sandra Bullock, and you know what he does.

o_O Dear lord, that is creepy similar! xD The left looks like Cid with about 50 additional Levels in Badass!

Which reminds me of another creepy similarity....

Okay, it may be a little off-topic, but it fits the bill anywho.

The similarity is between 2 movies: X-men 3 and FF7: Advent Children.

Let us assess the opening scene of X-men 3, there are easily 5 parallels. I shall number the odd similarities here.

In the opening scene you see:

1) An emo/angsty man
2) who has awesome heroic powers
2) riding his cool motorcycle
3) and wearing his cool sunglasses
4) on his way to a lake
5) to see his dead girlfriend who lies on the bottom of said lake.

If those aren't uncanny similarities, I don't know what is!

I'd like to point out that "cid" characters in most games typically have those things on their heads. gears of wars just looks like a game where the characters will need those same goggles, so it's probably more of a coincidence.

Back