Oblivion_XIII

Shi no Tenshi
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Draken White
FFXIV Server
Phoenix
Alright, so I'm on disk 3 in Kuja's layer. He says he's sending me on a mission with Zidane and three others. I need help forming the party.

I had two possible combinations that I was interested in.

Either

Zidane
Vivi
Dagger
Freeya

or

Zidane
Vivi
Dagger
Steiner

Don't bother taking Dagger or Vivi, they're going to a place with a magic field, therefore, Vivi and Dagger are useless.

I always make a party of Zidane / Steiner / Freya / Amarant for that section of the game.

thanks, didn't realize that there was no magic allowed in that area. Need to read the damn thing.

If I'm right, you're heading to Oelivert or something like that. Dagger and Vivi are useless this time because of some anti-magic field or something like that. Sorry if my suggestion is not a big help to you because I am not a big fan anymore of spellcasters on disc 3 because my main party always was Zidane, Steiner, Freya, Amarant and I recommend you to use them this time.

Yeah, I'm there with that party. Everyone else is pretty much useless for that part in the game. Thanks

I know this is late but for this section of the game I take Zidane, Dagger, Freya and Amarant.

With Dagger her current situation makes her pretty much useless in either party, so I always think why not take her here... by taking Freya and Amarant, I am leaving Steiner who is a decent fighter for the 2nd party. I always leave 1 damage dealer behind for the other party

I remember I took Quina with Zidane because there was a marsh to catch frogs in, so if you're doing extra stuff, that might be worth considering :hmmm:

Zidane, Steiner, Amarant, Freya. Always that.

The Desert Palace shouldn't be hard with the right preparations (Vivi should ALWAYS have Auto-Reflect! Reflect x 2 should also be used). With Reflect x 2, Vivi and Eiko can do 9999 with Flare and Holy - Quina and Garnet are just for support. Random encounters are a piece of cake and so is Valia Pira. In fact, with Valia Pira, you can enter the battle with someone that has Auto-Reflect and go make yourself a sandwich or something. By the time you're finished eating it he should die.

Back