My Fellow Americans...

DeadFantasy

Mysterious Warrior
Veteran
Gil
Was talking to Kate about this so, why not? xD

What are your plans for the 4th of July?

Are you going to have a nice BBQ visit friends/family?

I'm not so sure what i'm going to do :hmmm:

Probably visit my dad and his girlfriend and hang out with family and whatnot.

Light some fireworks idunno xD

So what about you guysz? :awesome:

Same thing, actually. :hmmm: Except we're going to the fiancee's dad's girlfriend's house for a barbecue/cookout thing. Probably just the four of us and the fiancee's brother. Should be a good time.

First, there will be food.

:ohoho: But really AWESOME food.

Our town has cut budget, there will be no fireworks, so we'll watch them on TV. (it's illegal to light them where I live on account some idiot set his lawn on fire 2 years ago.)

But, we'll probably buy some fireworks intending to set them off by a lake or something and they'll actually end up moldering in a closet somewhere for a year. (This happens every year.)

Oh, and we'll all sing along to the 4th of July concert. Because everyone but my dad can sing. ^_^

Unfortunately, I probably won't be doing much. I'll be dragged off to my sisters house to go eat BBQ. And I'll be bored completely. Hopefully, I can make plans to sneak away and drive to my friends house. If I can manage that, I can eat foods while playing vidya games with my bros. Shit will be so cash. :yay:

probably gonna be me and my friends going to the beach to watch the fireworks go off. This has been a great summer so far so this should be an awesome 4th of july.

For some reason I expected some sort of recruitment PSA.

I really don't know what we have planned. However if it is anything like it was last year, we may just spend the day with my brother and his girlfriend and just have a BBQ. One of these days though I plan to buy some fireworks. Even if I get arrested, I want to light some on my own before my life is over.

Headed to my folks lake house. Hopefully the weather will be good enough to take the jet ski out and as well Ski/Wakeboard. Other than that just plan to relax for the most part.

Most every other year we buy $100.00 worth of fireworks and blow shiznit up. Either way, we'll be cooking out so that's a plus.

No plans. It's just a normal day for me. I'm sure I'll hear the fireworks on the riverfront, though. My mom wanted me to get fireworks from Washington to bring down to Oregon, but I didn't get them since I'm not heading out there. *shrug*

I'm gonna stay at home, probably have some friends over, and BBQ some burgers/dogs. My July 4's are pretty ordinary nowadays, since no fireworks go on anymore.

There's always a parade every 4th of July, so I might sit through that. There are fireworks late at night too. I might cook some burgers actually, if I have the time.

My boyfriend and I are having two really good friends (another couple we met in costa rica last summer) down from Alberta Canada to share the American festivities with us. We will be decking out in all American gear and partying all day long at the beach until night when we shall watch many fireworks =)

I don't really have any plans in particular, now that I think about it :hmmm: I am, however, going to read some Native American literature, or otherwise do something to study their culture, because I always feel the need to remember them when the rest of the US is feeling exceptionally patriotic. I think what happened to the American Indian people is something that no one should ever forget, and I've made a point to myself to celebrate them on every traditional American holiday from here on out; it's not much but it's the best I can do, I suppose.

I started my day by making this comic:

tumblr_l51v7xyLc31qcv10ao1_1280.jpg

As for the rest of the day, later on my roommates and I are having a few friends over and we're going to grill out and drink beers. You know, typical American things. A bunch of us also went out to a thrift store the other day to buy America t-shirts (with American flags and eagles and patriotic phrases and whatnot on them) to wear today.

Actually, I think I still have some bottle rockets laying around somewhere. Maybe I'll fish them out and we can shoot those off, too.

My was in the hospital so we celebrated the next day!

He had a blood clot.

Anyway, we had a little cook out, just me, him and my mom.

Back