Movies everyone hates....and you love

Ayumi Hamasaki

It's a beautiful dream, but a dream is earned
Veteran
Gil
Inspired by the thread that's the exact reverse.

I really like Georgia Rule a lot, and thought that it was well acted and well written. Typically mix of emotion and humor present in Gary Marshall's previous work. I think that it got unfair reviews because Lindsay Lohan was in.

How about you, what movies do you love that everyone hates?

The Super Mario Brothers movie.

Yeah, fuck you. :mokken:

I loved this movie, and even today I go back and watch it often. Sure, it's not very accurate, but if you don't think of it as a Super Mario movie, and as a stand alone movie, it's not bad.

A lot of people hate the movie Jingle All the Way but I find it hilarious. I guess from working in retail during the holidays the situations that the characters are in are all to familur.

I also liked Sorcerer's Apprentice. A lot of people seemed to hate it but I thought it was well done. Not an grand masterpiece but a fun popcorn movie.

Karate Kid (2010) I actually thought it was a good remake and the villian was very scary. And I loved the scenery. The kung fu tournament was also pretty amazing.

The Twilight Saga

I really don't feel the need to expand on it.... xD It's cliched and the story is utter pish and everyone gets their happy ending, but I love it :wacky:

I really love the movie Thirteen but it seems everyone around me groans when I suggest we watch it. >.<

I love it for the simple fact that it can be so true to what highschool students go through every day depending on the individual.

It shows such a scary side to being a teenager in todays society.

But no one else I know seems to share my love for the movie. XD

Oh and it has one of my favourite actress's Evan Rachel Wood in it as the main character Tracy. So excited to see her in True Blood Season 3!

Last edited:
A lot of people hate the movie Jingle All the Way but I find it hilarious. I guess from working in retail during the holidays the situations that the characters are in are all to familur.

I love that film :lew:
I think it's been on TV every Christmas I can remember, and I've watched it every time too :8F:

I agree with Kel with the Twilight Saga as well. I'm really not keen on the books, the storyline is clichéed and neither Robert Pattinson nor Taylor Lautner do it for me, yet somehow, they're enjoyable to watch :wacky:

The Resident Evil films.

Yes, they make no sense, they're nothing like the games, but I still find them highly entertaining. The acting isn't the best, but then it is an action movie.

The Resident Evil films.

Yes, they make no sense, they're nothing like the games, but I still find them highly entertaining. The acting isn't the best, but then it is an action movie.

I was pleasantly surprised by how decent Resident Evil Apocalypse was. I thoroughly expected it to be shit (hated the first one) but it turned out to be a pretty good action flick. Not Terminator 2 or Commando calibur or anything like that, but still enjoyable.

My major one would have to be Norbit though. I know that it won a million billion razzies, but I was laughing my arse off the whole way through.

Another one would be From Dusk till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money. Direct-to-DVD sequel to the legendary Tarantino/Rodriguez collaboration, and surprisingly worthwhile. The bat stick puppet was pretty bad though. From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter was good too. Basically the same as the first one, but set 100 years earlier.

Last edited:
The Twilight Saga

I really don't feel the need to expand on it.... xD It's cliched and the story is utter pish and everyone gets their happy ending, but I love it :wacky:
Oh yes, definitely agree with that. I'd still happily watch it, regardless. :awesome:

Another one would be Push. Loved Chris Evans in it, it was nice to see him in a role other than Johnny Storm and to show a more serious side to his acting. The plotline may not have been the best, but I loved it as a whole. Shame that not everyone liked it. Even Dakota Fanning was pretty funny.

A lot of people do not like the movie Cars from pixar. I liked it a lot and do not quite understand the hate it gets. I liked the characters in the "hick" town and I do not mind that the story was cliche. People also complain that Cars is Pixar's most commercial and sold out movie. Well it makes sense that it would be because a lot of little boys love playing with toy cars and trucks.

I like a lot of B monster movies, usually those from the SyFy channel. They're cheaply made with horrible acting but I find them entertaining.

One of my favorites is Sasquatch which wasn't too bad. It actually had 2 well known actors in it, but a lot of people didn't like it and it's still one of my favorite movies.

Hook. Yes, that Peter Pan sequel with Robin Williams as Peter Pan, Julia Roberts as Tinkerbell, and Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook. This movie got SLAMMED by critics when it came out, and a lot of people I talk to still go "Wait, they made a movie like that?"

For me; it's one of my favorites :3

Aladdin and the King of Thieves. Usually written off due to not only being a Disney sequel, but a follow-up to a sequel, this movies' honestly one of the better sequels Disney's done...made back before they all sucked and whatnot. The plot takes a while to get moving, but Cassim's a fun character, and the real enemy of the series isn't even a physical being.

Jumper. Released on the heels of a wave of Hayden Christensen hatred and perhaps he is rightly criticized for what is still some sub-par work in this movie and whatnot, but flaws with this aside, I thought it was considerably better than his work in Star Wars.

Oh man, we're going into that territory are we? Let's see..

Newsies: It's Batman singing and dancing to Alan Menken music. Need I say more?

Ridley Scott's Robin Hood: I'm going to say this right now, Robin Hood is a better movie than The Gladiator. Aside from the fact that the cinematography is superior (naturally, it's been 10 years) it didn't come off as pretentious as Gladiator. I get it, Robin Hood isn't suppose to be gritty, he doesn't need an origin story, blah blah blah. You put those aside, and you have a decent film.

Godzilla 1998: I know I know, it sucks. But I was 8 at the time and I loved dinosaurs. Godzilla looks much like one thus I immediately loved the film. It's a "guilty pleasure" I suppose.

Blood: The last vampire (Live action). Most people I know doesn't like it because it's gruesome and bloody. But I think not. It's not that gruesome, except for the first few parts of the film. Yes it's bloody, that's why the title's Blood, but I still think it's awesome. I just love Saya running around in a Japanese high school uniform, wielding a katana and killing demons. Not to mention, the fight scenes are cool. And she speaks really good English too.

The Last Airbender. Yes, I know, it's sucks, it's terrible, a waste of time, but, I love the cartoon. I still watched it and even me got disappointed *facepalm*. Probably the next part will be good, I hope.

I loved the Resident Evil films. The fact that they took a legend of a story and renewed it was fantastic. So what if they didn't stick to the games? The general gist was there, and that's all that really matters to me. :wacky: The actors and actresses are great as well, and I love the SFX. :ryan:

Ok I'll say it. I liked the movie Avatar. Yeah, everyone loves it, but it is recieving quite a huge backlash.

I won't say it was the greatest movie of all time, but it did keep me entertained. Yeah it was like Pochahontas, but I did love that movie. And it was Pochahontas iwth a happy ending. And, I'll admit, I loved looking at the scenery.

I heard alot of bad things about the Punisher movie with Thomas Jane but I thought that it was a very well done movie and is to date one of my favorites. I don't see what there was to complain about. I mean, there weren't a ton of action scenes but I didn't really care. It was certainly alot better than that piece of garbage Warzone that they tried to pass off as a super hero film.

Another (and it surprises me considering that I hate the character) is the DareDevil movie. I'll be the first to admit that Colin Farrel did a horrible job in this movie (yeah, cause that's shocking) and Jennifer Gardner does bad in...Well, everything she's in. But I actually thought that Ben Affleck did an overall decent job. And Michael Clark Duncan as the Kingpin may have pissed off a good amount of Neo Nazi's, but I can't think of alot of other people who are built for the role who has that scary boss attitude. Plus, the fight scenes were well done. Well, except maybe for the fight on the playground.

Another one was Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (you can see I'm kind of on a super hero thing right now). I'm aware that people are totally against both of these movies and I for the most part agree. But I actually liked the second one. It had an interesting concept: Doctor Doom stealing the Surfer's board. I never read the comics so I'm not sure if that ever happened in a story arc or anything. I thought the action was pretty entertaining. Especially when the Torch chases the Surfer around Washington. The only thing that REALLY disappointed me is that you only see a shadow of Galactus in the film. That bummed me out because he's one of my favorite villians and that was the most they gave him. I know they said they did that because they're planning a Silver Surfer movie but still they could've given more than just a shadow and a giant flaming head.

P.S. I Love You

Why does everyone hate sucha a sad, funny, bittersweet love story? :rage:

It's so romantic and so sweet how Gerry plans everything for her after his death. Honestly, the movie made me like Hilary Swank so what the heck is the deal?

It was unique and tear jerking. One of the best love stories I've seen in a while.

Back