Most Useless Character?

Most Useless Character?

• Total voters
I really didnt like Eiko coz really she was just another Dagger.... i remember always using Vivi, because i used to play the co op way with a mate who liked to use him lol. Amarant, didnt use him much either..... I hated Quina, annoyin and not very good

I vote amarant becuz i dindnt usually use him and his techniques arent much effective. I love quina, and some of her magic and powerful strength become very useful in some occasions

Lol ._. I used all the characters, but I didnt like Garnet aka Dagger and Eiko.

I dont like summoners that much ¬.¬ I use Garnet for her white magic only.

And.......

QUINA IS MY FAV CHARACTER IN THAT GAME D:<

He/she is fwakin' awesome .___. I like how he/she eats the monsters to learn new moves. xD

Quina... 122 Votes now XD

Yeah I found Quina pretty annoying and useless. Never used her, nor did her attacks really help. Her character wasn't that interesting either, so in general, yeah... I wasn't that impressed and while most off FFIX's characters were darn awesome, I completely did NOT care about Quina XD

I'm going for Amarant also.. Tho Frey and Quina are quite useless too.. (Quina is my alltime favorite so I can't vote it ^^)

I found Quina to be the least helpful. Her/his Blue Magic was okay, but her/his physical attacks were pathetic. After that, I'd have to say Eiko. Despite her Terra Homing summon ability, I found her to be the second most useless character in battle. Sure, she got Curaga first, but at that point in the game, my Garnet's Cura healed more than Eiko's Curaga. Lastly, most of her summon monsters are fairly useless (Phoenix, Carbuncle... Auto-Life, Auto-Reflect...)

I'm surprised people are suggesting Amarant as a useless character. Though I didn't use him as often as my main party consisting of Zidane, Steiner, Vivi, and Garnet, his Chakra ability really helped me out when Garnet ran out of MP to summon, or Vivi used up all his MP for Flare. I also felt that his Throw command as useful. With Zidane at level 57 and Amarant at level 38, Amarant throwing a Rising Sun did the same damage as Zidane's attack - which was in the 2,700s. Think of how great he could be if I had bothered to level him up?

quina by miles all she does is stab with her shity fork an go on about eatin frogs

Quina because he/she has a trance mood called cook. wtf. and it's not as if it's much better than eat. Having 4 characters in battle is better than 3 but you wouldn't need bother using him/her just add an extra tank, black mage, white mage. done.

Yes, because you've yet to provide a valid reason for why he's useless.

I went for Amarant myself. Would the story have been critically different without him? Did we need him to fight? Did we like him? My answer to each of these questions is a solid 'No'.
That was exactly my logic when I voted for him, too.

What's his most important part? Lol, if you can think of one, you'll probably come to where Dane's blowing off all his friends and he says something like "So this is what you consider friendship" or in the fire temple when he said he used to know someone who was a solo glory fighter, and he was a loser.

Vote = Amarant: FAIL

Quina because he/she has a trance mood called cook. wtf. and it's not as if it's much better than eat. Having 4 characters in battle is better than 3 but you wouldn't need bother using him/her just add an extra tank, black mage, white mage. done.
Lol... Eat allows you to eat them at 1/4 life and Cook allows you to eat them at 1/2 life. Extremely useful if you only wanna half fight someone.

Also, and lmao on this, Mighty Guard, Angels Snack, Night, Magic Hammer, Lv 4 Death, Lv 5 Death.

Chances are, Quina could KO any of the other characters one on one, and if not, he could always just go into trance and eat them halfway through the fight.

Mod Edit: Please refrain from double posting. If you wish to add more information please use the edit button found on the bottom of your posts. Thank you. =] __________________

Last edited by a moderator:
Quina is very useful in a low-level playthrough. He/she is also vital for obtaining the Excalibur II; without Limit Glove, it would be ridiculously difficult to the point of a statistical impossibility. To activate Limit Glove, Quina's HP must be exactly 1....not really a difficult task - Phoenix Down's recover 10 or less health, which means you have a 10% chance of recovering 1HP from death. This skill can be learned from an enemy in Qu's Marsh. 9999 damage at this point is great..so I see no reason why Quina is useless in battle. Once you obtain Auto-Life, this feat is even easier considering it revives you with 1HP exactly.

Without Quina, the storyline would not change at all, so I can see where his/her uselessness is out of battle.

A tie between Eiko and Amarant. Eiko is simply not as good a white mage and summoner as Dagger is. Amarant, while strong, has nothing to contribute besides strength-he has no real skills, unlike other strong characters like Steiner. Quina is quite useful if you spend the time to get all her useful blue magic, however. Then again, I always like the blue mages except Strago...

OMG, why has Quina got so many votes :_:. Goddamn.
I regularly used most of the characters except Eiko (I preferred Garnet's Eidolons), and Amarant, he didn't add anything to the story, and also i didn't like his abilities, i just didn't see the point.

To me it's a tossup between Quina & Amarant. I mean, I hated Amarant from the start because he was a jerk, but I think Quina takes the cake. I mean c'mon, did anyone really use s/he in their party? All it was good for was catching frogs, and that wasn't even fun. D:

Well, it's official! Quina is the worst character to ever hit a final fantasy game, it's even worse than Cait Sith!

Quina. S/he adds nothing, or not much to the story. Doesn't cause severe damage, it's blue magic isn't really that effective and it's not a looker.

Yeah Quina isn't great, but you gotta love the Roullete ability :D
Amarant is pretty gay and got on my nerves so many times because of his crap abilities.
Still, it looks like Quina got the short straw :P

but I think Quina takes the cake. I mean c'mon, did anyone really use s/he in their party?
Er...*raises hand* :P I did. I liked Quina. They're weak physically, but if you take the time to learn all of their spells they actually are quite powerful. Also, Quina amuses the hell out of me. Then again, I'm currently using Cait Sith a lot in my new FFVII run, so what do I know?

Er...*raises hand* :P I did. I liked Quina. They're weak physically, but if you take the time to learn all of their spells they actually are quite powerful. Also, Quina amuses the hell out of me. Then again, I'm currently using Cait Sith a lot in my new FFVII run, so what do I know?

I agree with you. In certain scenarios depending on how your playing the game, Quina's Blue Magic plays a major role. She's like the olny character with IX's version of VII's Enemey Skills. Mighty guard, and Lvl 5 Death ftw.
Caith Sith too... storyline wise. It's actually Reeve, a sub-character who at first seems a fishy at the least but then turns out to be a lovely person, cmon look at what he is the head of in Dirge of Ceberus.

Fat Chunky things ftw.

Back