Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Where are these places exactly?

I suppose with Banora you can say it was just wiped off the map when it was bombed, but what about Modeoheim?

Is there something I missed or are these places never like mentioned again, ever...?

Ugh could someone edit my spelling in the title please :gasp:

i thought the same thing when i first herd of them, so i looked on the original ff7 map and there not there. So they must just be added for Crisis core which a cant understand because i want to revisit as many ff7 places as possible, especially the golden saucer.

You'll find it impossible to visit all the places you went to in FFVII as there is no 'free roaming'. The whole game plays like a film and you have to go where Shinra send you. You do get to Wutai and Nieblheim and Gongaga (briefly) and missions take you elsewhere, but you can't roam around. Shame really.

basically its like most of the new ff's near enough completely liner (unless you count you sometimes get an airship near the end of the game)

I just wanted to know where they were meant to be on the map like :gasp: They are never mentioned again and are most definately not in VII.

Banora like I said could be explained because it got levelled but what the hell is the excuse ofr Modeoheim, why didn't the developers think this through before they added these random places that just didn't exist in VII without explaining why they dissapeared off the map :gasp:

I'm thinking that maybe Modeoheim faced the same fate as Banora. Shinra wouldn't want evidence of it's existence after everything that happened there.

Yeah, at first I was like WTF with all the new places from which nothing had been said before. Anyways, it does sound the most logical answer, although there are no hints to ensure it, XD Or are there?

I gave up on looking for these places in VII
They must have been added to the game for the story line's sake and that's all.
Just one of the many distortions of Crisis Core to the VII story and map design apparently :3

In FF7 you travel where the story takes place, and you can go back to these places and also explore freely. But you are always at a location for a reason.

I think you can say that you dont go to Banora or Modeoheim because they are not important to the FF7 story.Theres no reason for Cloud to go there.

However, Modeoheim is described in Crisis Core as being close to the Icicle Area. But already in the game, it is abandoned.

I guess if they remade FF7, they would show these places as ruins, and simply have Cid or something comment on what they are, and move on afterwards.

ok i was thinking about this a couple of weeks back

i think modeoheim is actually the ice glacier town near the northern crater

and banora just died so no one cares :p

I figured Modeoheim would be on the northern continent near the Icicle in someplace. Maybe around the Bone Village area?

I think I read somewhere than Banora was supposed to be near Mideel, so maybe on one of the islands in the Mideel group or something?

I wasn't suprised that they introduced new locations in Crisis Core. Afterall they needed new locations that were linked to Angeal and Genesis. You couldn't have G born in say Kalm and have nobody from the original not have mentioned that a now forgotten top 1st class SOLDIER was born there. With Banora, SquareEnix (just like Shinra I guess :wacky:) were covering their tracks with the raping of FFVII.

You'll find it impossible to visit all the places you went to in FFVII as there is no 'free roaming'. The whole game plays like a film and you have to go where Shinra send you. You do get to Wutai and Nieblheim and Gongaga (briefly) and missions take you elsewhere, but you can't roam around. Shame really.
And Junon. :gmonster:

I just wanted to know where they were meant to be on the map like :gasp: They are never mentioned again and are most definately not in VII.

Banora like I said could be explained because it got levelled but what the hell is the excuse ofr Modeoheim, why didn't the developers think this through before they added these random places that just didn't exist in VII without explaining why they dissapeared off the map :gasp:
I distinctly remember it being written that Modeoheim was in the very-near vicinity of the Icicle Inn Area. Putting two and two together, I assumed that it was in between the mountains to the north.

Well, it'd be a bit unrealistic if the towns you visit in VII were the only ones in the whole of the Planet. I mean, if ONLY those in VII exist that means Wutai is entirely made up of one small town yet managed to fight a war against Shinra that lasted quite some time.

I just assume there's a lot of other locations Cloud didn't visit 'cause they're really boring. :P

Back