Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
So I can finally now fuse materia. Simple enough, but I would still like to know if there are cool fusions that you guys have discovered, and if so, it would be great if you can share them here. :D State what it does as well.

Erm, so far the only interesting one I discovered at this stage of the game is:

Thunder + Poison = Dark Thunder.
SP Cost: 7
(I haven't exactly fused the materias together yet, so I don't know what it does at all). If someone can tell me, that would be awesome.

This is almost illegal this one ^^-

Master HP Up + fused with Master HP UP +, plus 25 elixirs (when you get item fusion)= HP Up + which raises your HP by roughly 360%, giving you 9999 HP ^^

O.O Damn! I didn't need to do that to get to 9999 HP!

Hm, well if you combine Death with Vital Slash you get Death Blade I believe >> but that's a given...I really don't fuse materia a lot...

I do know if you combine one mastered materia with the same kind of any level you get a stronger version

Example
Fire / Mastered
+
Fire / Lv 1
=
Fira Lv1

Hope that helps :neomon:

Well, the only interesting fusion I had to make was (status strike) + (HP UP++) = (status ward) with the hp bonus
But then again, those are advanced materia you can only get further on.

And yeah, (HP UP+ (M)) + (HP UP+) = HP UP++Which is awfully useful to obtain great bonuses in HP (once you can break the limit, of course)

Anyway, thing is that with 2 materia of the same level (there are levels 1-8) the bonus will be the highest of the bonuses + half the other bonus + etc...

As a side note: 1 Phoenix Down = +10% HP bonus

I hope that helps, :)

Oh wow.. Didn't know that about the Phoenix Down... Good stuff!

If you happen to be able to make a lot of HP UP+, invest in fusing them to make HP UP++. I have like, 210% on a level 2 HP UP++, and trust me, it helps.

Make sure you make yourself a Mug, and mug EVERYTHING for fusion materials. But watch your materia list, it'll fill quickly. GameFAQs has some good guides for even downgrading mastered materia, believe me there's times, many times you'll want to.

I suggest making a beefy HP% stat bonus'ed Curaga, that's a mainstay for my guy, and a Mug with plenty of AP% as well. My next project is going to be a Death Twister with maxed Attack, and I want maxed VIT on something eventually too. By the way you do know you can break the 9999 barrier like you could in the PS2 FF games right? My dude has almost 30,000 HP right now and I'm in the low 50's with about 40% mission completion atm...

Materia fusion is extremely innovative. Just my opinion but I woudn't go blowing Elixers or P.Downs early on for HP's, save them for later on, after Potions/Hi-Potions and stones have worn off their welcome...

if you want phoenix downs for fusion, you can steal 99 of them from minerva in one of the missions (category 9 if i remember correctly).

I just got it awhile back.

Hasn't really tried any thing. But like...You would think,

Fire + Fire = Fira?

But no. :dry:

well i have a beautifull

aerial drain ( i cant remember how to make it)

BUT ive made it so i have 360% hp up

im working on an atack up ( maby flare or tri thundaga)

but anyways

sometimes to help ( ive finished the game about 4 times now and im working on a fifth im using the http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/game/925138.html faqs they help sometimes to get stuff you didnt know about ( i have a black cowl ( boosts ap LIMIT to 9999 highest and the gold hairpin ( MP boosts LIMIT to 9999 and i have the adaman bangle ( hp boosts to 99999 max limit )

i really wanna find the genji SET ( boosts everything up abit) find it http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/925138/50292

i really want the god slayer though its really good havnt gotten one yet though

and i want the soul of heike

Thunder + Poison = Dark Thunder.
SP Cost: 7
(I haven't exactly fused the materias together yet, so I don't know what it does at all). If someone can tell me, that would be awesome.
If you fuse element Materia with status effecting Materia you'll get the 'Dark' variety (Dark Blizzard, Dark Fire, Dark Thunder etc...). They are just like normal but inflicts statuses such as Dark, Poison and Silence aswell, for alittle bit more MP cost ofcourse.

I've gotten quite a few good Materias from Fusion. Mug, Smart Consumer (Doubles effectivness of items), Wall, Element Ward as well as many variations of Assult Twister and Vital Slash (forgotten the actual names tho).

I did the same as you Mits but used firaga and poison instead

Most of the materia I had I just bought, I never seemed to make anything worth writing home about really which pecked my head

I have the guide but the materia fusion fold out thing just doesn't make any sense

Honestly though, I found this feature so useless. >.> It was a good try though, but I only fused two materias and that's basically it. I didn't touch the feature again for the rest of the game. I honestly forgot all about Materia Fusion as I played through, and I think the reason why is because they made this feature as an "optional" thing. If they made it a requirement to fuse certain materias in order to defeat certain bosses, I probably would've bothered with the feature more than what was necessary.

You can buy alot of the materia you can fuse anyway, hell firaga and that was brilliant I loved it, but I just bought it from the Wutai shop instead of fusing it

I'm sure there ARE useful ones but well I only ever get crappy results anyway

I ain't much of a fan of it either. I just occasionally used it when I get more than one of a certain. (I basically fused them for a bonus, though it was only like a +1 skill, ie, Thunder + Thunder = Thunder with Mag + 1)

I found it quite...meh.

i used it a bit actually but i dont use it too much

ive maid aerial drain hp+999% now :) it rocks i have a max health of 46890 or something like that ( using adaman bangle so max max is 99999 and i have a break of 30000 or so)

Back