Loot in Gaming

Aztec Triogal

3-7-77
Veteran
Gil
How big of a deal is loot in gaming?

Some games like Too Human focus a lot on loot collection. Every enemy drops multiple weapons, armor, money, health, and about a half dozen other things. Games like Fallout 3 really don't have almost any loot collection. Raiders die with a few rounds of ammo, a busted up weapon, and some tattered armor. Usually those items are used up in the repair of other items. Other games have weapons with special enchantments or affinity to certain enemies or situations...

What's you're preference?
Should it be a big focus in every game?
How could it be a better feature?

World of Warcraft mate. I'm all about grinding to get teh uber 1337 loot.

But seriously, i prefer something a bit more in-line with real life, such as it is. Fallout 3 is a good example.

I thinl it depends on the game in some games it works and others it doesn't. As for my personal preferance I Like loot collecting but as long as it isn't all inportant. For example I don't like wading through 100+ enimies just to get a shield.

In my opinion, Looting can get really tiresome. Especially when looting to get very specific drops that just DO NOT WANT TO DROP.

It's a fun little side thing for me. Something for me to do when I want to. I don't like HAVING to loot to get the upgrade to "insert awesome item here" to be to beat bosses easier etc later.

This is why in some games I find it hard in some areas to beat bosses and enemies. Because I'll buy the best equipment and miss out that which can be gotten through looting. (FFVIII really annoyed with the 'looting' for the best weapons)

Now I feel like I'm rambling, but there's my two cents worth. :gasp:

Back