Lightning Shows Her Soft Side In Itadaki Street Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
2mn3ndj.png

Lightning, the cold and hardened heroine of Final Fantasy XIII, was redrawn into a cutesy board game piece for Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Mobile.

Itadaki Street is simply explained as Enix’s take on Monopoly. When Square and Enix merged they threw Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters into Itadaki Street resulting in the first Cloud meets blue slime crossover. Jenni has a fantastic write up on the handheld entries in case you’re curious about those.

The latest Itadaki Street game stuck with the Final Fantasy trend and added Lighting to the roster. That’s her made “chibi” above. Just like Cloud and Squall, Lightning is too cool to smile.

Souce: Siliconera

Reactions: Rey
Hahaa she is so cute! But you rarely see Lightning be all cute like that because she is more of a badass woman that wants to kick so much ass :gasp: But she does have feelings though :hmmm: But its nice to see they put her in itadaki street.

-vom- It's a complete contrast to the sort of person Lightning is meant to be, a leader...not some cute little gimp. :rage:

I agree. She doesn't even look cute as a chibi. It goes against everything she stands for :mokken:

Reactions: Rey
I knew they would do that sooner or later.

So they've turned a half-stoic, independent protagonist into something that clearly is not her.

Still, at least she doesn't have a smile on her face and - argh! GTFO of the pic, Yuffie! I despise you! :gasp:

Aww, *grapbs her cheeks* she looks so adorable!

She totally looks like she'll beat me, now :mokken:

The thing I noticed the most was her lips. In the game, she has a very glistening effect to them that looks natural given the proportions and graphics, but it looks a little silly in 2D chibi art xD

Rendering Lightning into a chibi doesn't bother me though *shrugs*

I mean, she's in a game I'll never be able to play, thank you very much S-E Japan :mokken:

Haha. I do agree, it totally doesn't suit her however, I know im not going to get it even if i wanted to.

Like fusion, I'm not really bothered by Lightning being a chibi.
Doesn't effect me in anyway.

You know, I really wish they would start bringing a lot of these type of phone games and mini side stuff to XBLA and PSN even Wiiware. I mean what does Square have to lose? Most of this stuff Westerners will never see :( It's sad but true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back