Crisis Core leveling

Final Bullet

Favorite esper = famfrit
Gil
Ok, so I bought crisis core a few days ago and i think the leveling up system is realy bad, why cant they keep it the same as other final fantasys

It's because the whole set up of the DMW in general fails. I think they changed it from the older style so as to have something new and different to it. This morning though, I spent about an hour doing missions and only got one level up. =/

I got 3 levels up in the space of 30mins...even if I am only level 33 :wacky:
It's just to change the things around and bring in and refresh new ideas, it gets boring if you have the same way of levelling up over and over again.
The DMW is great though. :neomon:

I guess there are a lot of mixed feelings about the DMW. I feel that I leveled up at a constant enough rate that it didn't bother me too much. Using limit breaks, on the other hand, was a little annoying in that it felt like I didn't have control over the which techniques that I could use and when I wanted to use them. To me, it makes the game feel like a button-masher.

Fortunately I was on the same boat as Addle, I leveled up at a pretty constant rate, so although it was random I didn't really take much notice. I think The DMW's quite a good idea but the lack of control is a bit annoying. Nothing about the game REALLY annoyed me, but aching thumbs ftw!:monster:

^_^ i liked the new style of game play. It was a bit of a pain when there I am frozen in place by an enemy and hoping to god that the damn wheel lands on a limit break so that i can win the battle. Since I had the wizards bangle on i absorb hp from elemental attacks so it was a constant get hit take damage then the enemy would cast lightening on me and my hp would go back up etc etc till i finally was able to kill the creature with a limit break or i was unfrozen long enough to kill it.

I Thought it was annoying!They Should Use The Original Beat an Enemy and get EXP.I Spent an hour trying to get one damn Level up!

Ok, so I bought crisis core a few days ago and i think the leveling up system is realy bad, why cant they keep it the same as other final fantasys

That's one of th reasons I hate FFVII CC. The level up systme is kinda... well... suckish.

The levelling up kinda annoyed me, sometimes Id level up a couple of times in one short mission then I wouldn't level up for what seemed like hours. It's really annoying, especially as according to the guide you still get exp anyway but can only level up when you get the three 7's...... it doesn't make sense :grumpy: and it does my head in

There was one time when I would have 2 or 3 levels in under 30 minutes, but then again, whenever I did play the game, it would only be for about an hour and then I'd take a break after. So it's kinda hard to say if I was leveling up slowly or what. I admit though, it can be annoying at times, but I don't really think about the 777 until I actually see it happen, so it's not like I kept thinking, "please give me a 777" every time the DMV mode is triggered.

Levelling up hasn't annoyed me in the slightest. I love doing the missions and seemed to level up doing those quite consistantly. The only time it was an issue was fighting Sephiroth...twice....and in fact you don't have to be at a super mega level to finish the game, seriously. Loved the DMW system and once I'd found/could afford materia that gives you more chance at getting a limit break all was fine and dandy.

ok i have some news for ppl!

this lvling system is not as poo as it may seem! although u may think that it is random, it is in fact not. hidden exp actually accumulates unbeknownst to the player. when you accumulate enough exp, a lvl up is possible. there is a little element of randomness as to when you actually lvl up, but it is only small, and the chances increase as your exp gets higher over the required amount.

the reason for consecutive/ very close lvls is that you may have accumulated way over the required exp, and thus two lvls are potentially available.

if you want proof check out the full guide on gamefaqs and have a read. also, notice that most ppl who went through the game on normal and didnt do too many extra missions where around the lvl 35-40 mark.... wouldnt u think it if were so random thered be ppl who would have hit 40 much earlier and some unable to progress from bad luck.....

DMW leveling not for me.

I did not like the leveling because of the randomness. I need to have a leveling system like either FFX or the traditional system.

Because this is my third time around and only lvl 52. and still can't do alot of the missions because I die in one hit and thats with VIT+ and shinra beta's attached.

I guess I like it if I know how much EXP I need to level.

putting the complaining aside I did like the fact that there is a chance to level up twice in one or two battles.

The leveling up system isn't that bad, even though yeah, I would rather have it like it was before
But I think the game is designed to actually help you level up by a certain time, I mean, I have never met someone who didn't level up. Besides, the leveling up in this game doesn't matter as much seeing that you have the freedom to move around and dodge incoming attacks to avoid being KO'd.
I suppose that kinda makes up for the fact that one can't level up at will.

it's getting annoying. if they had it like FFX or the original way, it'd be 10% better!

Okay, I'll say that I preferred this kind of leveling up: it is more realistic. I mean, in real life you can't say "okay, I do this thing X times and I'll master it", but you can say "If I do this X times I'll get the hang of it" and that might imply more or less practice: random factor.

It annoyed me, but it was a nifty way of leveling up. It stopped people power-leveling I suppose :monster:

One time I leveled up 4 times in a single mission, then I didn't level up till the next day -__- I wish it could have been a little less based on luck >_>

it isnt based on luck people

if you were paying attention you would have seen lord luca lucks post and known that there is a hidden level up system.

and i liked it more then the other ways of leveling its much more realistic

anyways just a tip

buy omnislash if you can ( or any dmw enhancing materia) and get say 3 or four of them then master them ( can take a while) then use all of them and your chance of random level ups as long as your killing stuff is greater ( just a good level up cheat :P)

at first, it bothered me. cause i like to be like 10 levels ahead of my enemies so i can zip through. but i cant really do that here. as i progressed i started to not care.
today i believe i gained 8 of levels in 5 hours. >.> while taking breaks of course.
But y'know, it isnt that bad if you ignore it. [repeat, its just a number, its just a number] and in some cases, this system is better. have you ever played Disgaea? 9999 levels. by the time you're lv. 200 you got to get alot of exp for one level.

when u play on hard mode...u will see that it REALLY HARD to level up.....
even the DMW rarely plays...

Back