Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
4657053554_7e318fe9b9.jpg

Dziura_ziemi_1481032.jpg

Click to see picture bigger.
"This can't be real" was my first thought. Then I checked the source: The Guatemalan government. What you are looking at here is a sinkhole that just appeared in the Zone 2 of Ciudad de Guatemala. And it's very real.
A sinkhole is a natural depression caused by the removal of soil by water. This process can happen slowly, but sometimes the land just cracks open. In this case, the sinkhole happened suddenly. It was caused by massive waterfall from tropical storm Agatha, which is now hitting the area.
Sinkholes can go from slow depressions to apparently never ending holes like this one. Luckily, it happened in a street intersection and there are no victims. [Flickr via Boing Boing]

-Source-
& Another
-source-

This is real, it's not fake. :gasp:

Why is this in the sleeping forest? If anything it should go in Costa Del Sol or whatever it's called. :hmmm: There really isn't much to debate about, to be honest. O_O

Though, it is an interesting find. I wonder how deep it goes, and if anyone was hurt though. :hmmm:

I actually meant to post it in Costa but spazzed out :mokken: No one was hurt supposedly. It's pretty new so they haven't measured.

Spazzing out ftl. :gonk:

Though, it's nice to know that no one was hurt. I would imagine someone doing a profound job of shitting their pants upon falling in. O_O

Last edited:
At first when I saw it, I wanted to say fake, mostly by how perfect and round it is. But seeing the amount of sauces saying it's real is like... whoa, wtf man. This shit happens? You only ever see it in sci-fi and stuff. Who knows how far it goes and what sort of trouble it might cause, such as spreading out, and going so deep and hitting magma or some shit... :gasp:

Yea, the outer crust of the Earth is only 20 miles thick and we don't even know how deep this is yet!

It says it swallowed a 3 story building. And seeing how we can't see anything of the building, the sinkhole is obviously double the height of a 3 story building.

Just found out a 3 story building is 36 feet. And if that was doubled it'd be 72 feet. But that hole looks deeper than 72 feet. :mokken:

Yahoo actually said someone has died when I checked on it. But that's terrifying, in all seriousness. Imagine falling down that thing. I feel awful for those who were trapped in that place when it opened.

I don't get it - was the land under that building so soft that it gave way because of the weight of the building?

But seriously, a hole in out planet. Scary D=

Fucking sweet. I'd go down it, just me a 3 mile long rope and i'll repel down. Seriously, I'd liekto be a person who ventures inside the belly of the beast. Sink holes are so interesting in tha they can lead to anywhere underneath the surface, say a water basin is located at the bottom, now they know where water is located if for some reason a shortage occurs, or an underground tunnel leading to solve many of life's mysteries. Sink holes pwn.

It looks like it's from an episode of Lost. :mokken:

But yea, sinkholes are really cool!

That is just.....surreal. I can imagine how shocked yet excited I would be if I see that hole up close. It would beat seeing it in an image.

But seeing it in an image is enough to tell me how terrifying it looks. I just dread to think how deep it can possibly be. I don't want to think about falling into that thing.

I'd love to know how the Guatemalan authorities are going to respond to this though. Having that thing appear suddenly and what to do about it will be a big test for them.

Well with the latest Hurricane they got, their in state of emergency. The thousands of misplaced people and flooding is probably more important to them at the moment.

But I gotta wonder what they'll do. :hmmm:

I'm gonna bet that it leads to the Satan pit. All we did is David Tennant to make his way down the hole in a space suit, and defeat the monster for us.

The_satan_pit.jpg

I vote its a Hellmouth not quite like Buffy's but it'll do.

I know some crazy people who'd definitely jup into that thing will a bungie rope (Me) This has to be the most out of this world thing I've ever heard of, I mean thats a big sink hole and its perfectly round I always see sink holes and the weirdly shaped, but no round ones :ahmed: Somehting smells fishy...

I wonder how long this thing will stick around.. if it self fills with underground shit, or it the government will attempt to fill it, of if it'll just remain... a hole.

4657053554_7e318fe9b9.jpg

That picture looks so fake. If it wasnt for the sources i wouldnt believe it at all.

Pretty crazy stuff though. They need to send some folks down there investigating with cameras.

When I saw this the other day. I really wonder how deep that sinkhole goes and what's waiting at the bottom. Different things just came to my head suddenly.

Back