Lady GaGa

Music is nowhere near dying.

Indeed, daftest thing Ive ever heard. Music is far from dying, it'll be around forever if possible. GaGa hasnt done anything new, but annoy people. Wow, wacky outfits, anyone remember the 70s and 80s???? Bowie was beyond wacky in his outfits IMO. GaGa wont last forever, people will forget about her when someone just as twaty comes along and steals her thunder.

It is an interesting point whether she'll last or not. I have to say I usually dislike predictions as to whether a musician/band will last the test of time as it's something that is notoriously hard to predict. And Lady Gaga is no exception, I have no idea how she'll fare, though unlike many musicians she seems to have some intelligence(like I said, she's good at playing the publicity game) so she has a better chance than most at adapting and surviving.

Lady GaGa is new, fresh and unique.
This is the only thing that annoys me about Lady Gaga, I'm indifferent to her lack of talent as that's the norm for people in pop. But the idea that she is unique is untrue, it's as if people haven't heard of Grace Jones, compared to her, Lady Gaga dresses like a normal person. And she uses controversy to sell more records, which is exactly what Maddona did. You would think that people would eventually get tired of her desperate publicity seeking, people got tired of the expenses scandal and hopefully they'll get bored of reporting whatever ridiculous item of clothing she wore to the awards ceremony/shops/bar mitzvah.

It's a shame, because her acoustic covers are actually decent. Now, if she stopped the whole dance-pop charade she won't burn in musical hell next to Miley Cyrus and... well... every other Disney "artist".

She IS good at piano, but she never even plays piano except in the aforementioned acoustic covers, so it's kind of null and void.

^ I don't particularly thing Lady GaGa is at all anything like Disney.

I think she's a good artist and an interesting performer. I mean like, she used to be a stripper and put on shows - everyone knows she's a little weird but as far as I'm aware there's no other artist like her around at the moment who sings such...blunt (I suppose?) lyrics.

My comments were in vain and I would like to apologise. Music isn't necessarily dying, what I meant was that there isn't much new out and about in the industry. Much is going unheard due to, and I agree, attention wannabes who will be in the limelight for a few years and that blow way - I am a big Lady GaGa fan, but I don't see her sticking around.

It's true that not nearly enough that deserves to be heard isn't being heard because of all the stuff that the one hit wonders are about (I swear half the stuff in the charts will never be heard of again) and aye I think Lady GaGa is someone who will not be around for a very long time but as long as she's outrageous and it doesn't get old she'll stick around.

I agree with a previous comment made too that someone more outrageous will come on the scene and Lady GaGa won't be able to top it. I hope she sticks around, and I don't think she'll be here forever, but people have different views and I respect them. Lady GaGa creates something different, and people are trying to steal here thunder, and I reckon it'll happen. I see Lady GaGa in the future possibly breaking down and quitting.

To me, Lady GaGa is someone bringing something entirely new to the music world. I haven't heard any female artist doing so well in their debut year and continue to march forwards with all these awards and excellent sales as well as numerous #1's around the world. I'll also agree that there's nothing much new in the industry right now. But GaGa seems to be the only one standing out from everyone ese. Not because of her outrageous antics or whatnot, but because she won't stop going no matter what.

I cant believe shes 23!!?! I always thought she was about 28 rofl, she bloody looks it!! She got some awards from the NME show, think she won Worst Dressed, which i did vote for her I think lol. But also Best Dressed ... interesting.

Personally I think cat vomit on a binbag has more appeal then what she wears lol.

I'm not much a fan of the random movie parts in it but the singing bits are okay.
I don't like what she looks like in a lot of this movie but I like her hair when it's got the yellow in it ^_^

She was totally right about this video being better than the Bad Romance one. It really is better! I'm a fan of artists making short films in their music videos. It adds that extra bit of drama into it and makes the song appear to be more than what it may seem at first. I love the interactions between GaGa and Beyonce, they look really tight.

Ah, I love her.

I've no idea what people were going on about saying she wasn't talented. She was writing songs for Britney and the Pussycat Dolls by the time she was 20. I think people really underestimate her.

Fucking love her acoustic versions, too. But I think she and her record label know that if she released those, they wouldn't sell as well. Which is a shame.

I love how she's developed since Just Dance and PokerFace.
Songs about being drunk in a club to Speechless, which is a song trying to persuade her dad to get an open heart surgery which he needs.

Also, she doesn't take herself too seriously, which is awesome.
I posted this somewhere before, but I think it should be here.
"Someone once asked me, "Lady Gaga, do you have a dick?" and I said yes I do, and it's much bigger than yours".

I dig her music. I don't know or care about the person to be quite honest. She's had a few hits with me. "Just Dance" was awesome. I remember when Mom showed me that one. I also like "Poker Face". I think I've heard three of her songs and they were all pretty good. Nothing amazing, but nothing terrible either.

Back