Ke$ha

Lebreau

I am colorblind ; coffee black and egg white.
Veteran
Gil
Okay... she's one of those new hit pop/hip hop singers... right? Her song TiK ToK is quite popular (or at least here it is) and she's got a few other songs that have the same upbeat tone but aren't too similar. TiK ToK tends to drive me insane after hearing it more than twice... but a few other songs of hers (Dancing With Tears In My Eyes, for example) are songs I can listen to over and over again.

I have a few of her songs, 6 or 7, and I really look forward to more.

And finally... how many of you are going to be facepalming at me liking Ke$ha? :wacky: I've seen quite a bit of hate for her so far, not here so much but around. xD I don't know why, other than the usual "She can't sing, she's just another stupid popstar" things. :hmmm:

... Songs with spelling in them do, however, go straight to the end of my playlist :facepalm: (Dinosaur... I know how to spell, damnit!)

Well I admit I personally do not like Ke$ha because I favor the Millionaires over her. (It's just a personal preference that, and they are also friends of mine). The Millionaires also came first so it's been like a huge internet war between this person copied this person, and everyone can't sing, and auto tune is murder for music. It's just a long useless battle. Personally I say to each his own, and if you like it, be proud of it.

I can't stand her. I dislike Lady Gaga but she's Kate Bush in comparison to to Ke$ha (god that name is daft). The dollar sign in the name is the real clue, there's something especially calculated about her, as if her music is soulless stuff designed to sell as many records as possible.

The music itself is fairly listenable, but her voice just irritates the bejeezus out of me. That semi-Valley Girl accent just grates. And her lyrics are ridiculous. You want boys who look like Mick Jagger? Really? That means you're either A) banging 70-year-olds, or B) banging dudes who are strung out on heroin. Or both. End of list.

And in general, here's what I've learned by listening to her music:
- She parties. A lot.
- She drinks. A lot. Preferably Jack Daniels. She must have an endorsement deal with them, as it seems she mentions the liquor in every song.
- She has sex. Presumably a lot, and the majority of the time with anonymous men.
- ................... Anything else? Because I haven't found anything.

None of these things are bad on their own, but it's not something I want to hear about over and over and over on every single song. Granted, I haven't heard every song by her, so there may be some differentiation. But I'd be willing to bet there isn't much.

On that note, however, people like who they like. No skin off my back.

I'm not a real fan of her.

When I first saw some of her music videos I wasn't too impressed. Just another bimbo who isn't going to make it.

But over time I've come to like a few of her songs and listen to them now and again. She's still not that great though in my opinion.

My family in Perth are mad on her and Ill admit some of her songs are quite catchy. As for Kesha herself, I dont like her. She seesm pretty rough around the edges and my stepmum thinks she may have been punched at some point as her nose seems out of joint :/

Jack Daniels is featured ALOT in her songs lol, makes me think she really loves the stuff or gets paid to mention them? I dunno. There was a track called Stephen, which my family were kind enough to skip as thats my ex's name lol.

I personally don't like Ke$ha either. I don't really like her songs, and she's not good at singing live as I saw on MTV Sessions. I didn't like TiK ToK, it was repetitive and grind my bones... Blah Blah Blah is a bit strange and new but I'm not keen. She just sets an example that she goes out partying all the time like Eiko said. She said in an interview: "me and music will be forever changing" and that's not such a good idea. But, I'll give her a go - although at the moment, I'm not a fan.

Jack Daniels is featured ALOT in her songs lol, makes me think she really loves the stuff or gets paid to mention them?

I noticed that as well!

She definitely knows what's a good drink. XD

But yeah, I'm guessing she might just like the drink possibly? >.<

Or maybe she's just trying to find words to rhyme. >.<

Bleh. Her voice does irritate me >.<. Idunno, her song 'Tik Tok' is okay and I think it's the only song that I heard by her other then 'blah blah blah' just because i'm not a huge fan of hers. Tik Tok is upbeat and whatnot but they play her ALL THE TIME. it makes me mad >=[
Her other song 'Blah Blah Blah' is just... weird xD I don't understand what she's saying other then blah blah blah. and that's what I have to say to that song is blah blah blah :mokken:

I'm fed up with Tik Tok, her voice is pretty good but I'm not sure what she is like live. I have a feeling she might be a one hit wonder but we will see.

Okay, I actually like her music quite a bit. It's catchy and fun to blare in the car sometimes. But, I don't understand the "quirky" trend with these newer artist.

Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Ke$ha

and I am sure there are some more. I just don't understand the weirdness factor they all have. lol. I guess to be different and to be noticed.

As far as Ke$ha goes. I like her to an extent. Some of her music is cool but some is downright trash. Lol. She seems like all she does IS party and drink...(Alot!). Her whole CD is about having a grand ol' time partying. She is okay as an artist but I am not sure if she'll go farther than a second album and fall off. We shall see.

I actually like her music. I hadn't heard of her until someone here posted her music video on the "what are you listening to" thread.

Her style of music is one of my favourites. I don't know why but lately I've strayed away from rock and gotten into artists like 3OH!3, Ke$ha, etc.

A lot of people don't like her music, but I don't mind what they have to say. To each their own. Though her music always makes me smile for some reason.

I actually like Ke$ha. She's different with her boyish lyrics. She doesn't care what people think and that's why I like her. My favorite song of hers is "Backstabber" It's like, completely perfect.

I gotta admit her songs are pretty catchy. They get a club hoppin' everytime I'm there. I like her Blah Blah Blah song best, but her Tik Tok one I only like with the Remix with Lil' Wayne.

I'm not really a fan, but her music is very catchy as people have already said.

I do like Tik Tok when it plays in a club though. A couple of drinks makes it an absolutely banging tune.

I love her music, and I am surprised to see such hate on her -- I absolutely love all her songs from TiK ToK to Blah Blah Blah all the way to Kiss N Tell -- and I hate pop artist usually and her songs just make me want to get up and blast the stereo or jump around my room like mad XD

She is different from the girls who go around singing slutty songs to get attention she acts like one of the boys and I live that!

Even when her songs do get repeated I can never get tired of them, I dont know why but I just can't XD

Personally, I think Ke$ha's music is cool. Some of her lyrics are a bit bizarre, such as "pedicure on our toes, trying on all our clothes," but they're catchy, nontheless.

I have yet to be impressed by any of her music videos, however. The one for Blah, Blah, Blah was just horrible =/

I can't stand her. I dislike Lady Gaga but she's Kate Bush in comparison to to Ke$ha (god that name is daft). The dollar sign in the name is the real clue, there's something especially calculated about her, as if her music is soulless stuff designed to sell as many records as possible.

=/ I have to agree...

I'm not into her music, OR the whole 'hit parade', for that matter. It's nothing personal towards her, 'cause hell I don't even know her, but... I dunno. Music like that puts me off, it's the same old, needed to make a beat that gets stuck in your head, and will be able to play at clubs, well I hate clubs, and I hate that music.

I understand a lot of people are in to the mainstream stuff, but I love music that keeps me inspired, not tired and annoyed with just another one of the barbie dolls tip-toe-ing around.

Definite Nooooooooooooo for me. :wacky:

I absolutely love her music, especially Tik Tok and Blah Blah Blah. People might say she's copying others, but doesn't that happen to newer artists, anyway? I've also heard her sing with Taio Cruz on Dirty Picture and she's pretty good.

I must admit, I posted before not knowing much of Ke$ha (Kesha? Keisha?) Meh. Well, she's growing on me. I hate TiK ToK, but Blah, Blah, Blah is starting to become catchy to me. Help?

Back