Jecht to Zanarkand?

Hayate

Best I Never Had...
Veteran
Gil
Okay, so, we all know how Tidus had gotten into Spira.

How in the HELL did Jecht get there? The Bermuda Triangle in the Sea? I mean, Damn.

Discuss: How did Jecht get to Spira

Ok...this is another theory =) Well, remember in the beginning of the game...Sin attacked Zanarkand and Tidus was sucked in, along with Auron? When Tidus woke up, he was in a deserted temple...hence, he was in the world of Spira. That is how he made it there. Sin...(which at the time, Sin was already Jecht...so basically Jecht brought Tidus over to Spira.)

I assume that is how Jecht got to Spira as well - through Sin.

As far as Auron goes, we all know he's already dead. So he used Sin to travel back and forth from Spira to Zanarkand (because he made a promise to Jecht to look after Tidus) Being dead allowed him to travel to Dream Zanarkand...notice how he's not afraid of anything, not even Sin in that FMV in the beginning.

Last edited:
(More research)

Ok, Sin didn't want Jecht...Sin was floating in the waters of Dream Zanarkand because he can enter that place since is he created by Yu Yevon. Jecht was also in the waters (remember they said that he was assumed dead at sea ten years ago) at the time and came in contact with Sin, so he was transported in the real world, Spira. He then becomes real...that was why he finally offered to become Braska's Final Aeon...because he thought there was no way he could return to Dream Zanarkand...and so he became Sin.

The rule is that the Final Aeon is created from the spirit of one to whom a summoner is personally close. When Sin is defeated, Yu Yevon's spirit the posses the Final Aeon that defeated it, transforming into a new Sin. So that is how Sin keeps reappearing.

So anyway, when Tidus came in contact with Sin (his father), he also became real and transported to Spira. Jecht wanted Tidus to become real like him...

Remember it was stated that the Fayth was tired of dreaming? But they couldn't stop dreaming because of Tidus and Jecht, so as long as Jecht existed as Sin, the Fayth would keep dreaming because the Fayth will still need to be summoned to fight Sin...(remember, the cycle keeps continuing.)

Last edited:
hayate you ask questions that are so difficult to answer. ^_^

im gonna have to agree with mitsuki's theory though, but what i don't understand is how sin can make these "dream people" (tidus and jecht) become real and bring them into the "real world" (spira). why is yu yevon or sin or the fayth or WHOEVER dreaming this world and the people that live in it up anyway? my head hurts >_<

I could say the same for you, Valiant. :P

Gosh, I don't know...my head hurts too, so that is why I posted a timeline I found a few hours ago. http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/final-fantasy-x/ffx-timeline-spoilers-13554.html#post213081

It's just a matter of how you interpret the story and putting pieces together. I don't have an answer to your question yet...I'll have to re-read the whole timeline again and see if I can come up with a connection later. Or if others have their own views, I'd like to know the answer as well. xD I feel like it's at the tip of my brain, but I can't seem to formulate it in words...

Last edited:
I swear the Fayth dreamed up Zanarkand because they wanted the place to be remembered. I think the boy tells Tidus, at some point, that the fayth re-created Zanarkand because they loved it so much. When it was destroyed, they felt sadness. They didn't want to see it disappear. They didn't want to see it lost to memory. A place they loved, the people they loved. They didn't want any of that to fade away to the ages.

I don’t think it was ever explained in a detailed event by event record, but I do remember it being said somewhere in the game that Jecht went out to sea and never came back, (I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've played) implying that he obviously ran into Sin at some point in his journey and was taken a little less than a thousand years forward in time.

Or, through the same events as said above, Jecht was taken from the dream Zanarkand to Spira through Sin.

I guess it all depends on how you interpret Zanarkand as to whether or not you believe he came from an actual point and time in history or if he came from a world created by a dream of the Fayth.

im going to have to say maybe when jecht was taking to spira maybe it was HIS father who took him there ? lol i know doesnt make much since but how bout a random guy saw (as sin) thought it would be fate for him to take jecht over so then he went to dream zanarkand and took him to spira randomly? :)

tha has become a mystery 2 me now coz i neva actually new tha beginin part tha well coz i only understood tha part wen tidus nd auron is dead nd jecht is sin (plainy simple to no lol) but tha story line between tha characters r difficult

I read the FFX story on Wiki the other day.

Dream Zanarkand and Spira are part of the same world: Zanarkand is just hidden out to sea.
I can remember verious quotes from the Auron Spheres, referring to Jecht getting 'washed up'.

Case Closed

Mitsuki's theory makes more sense to me than anything. I can remember that Tidus mentioned that Jecht went out to sea one day for training and never returned. That is obviously when Sin took Jecht to Spira, but there's something I don't understand. If Tidus became 'real' the moment he was touched by Sin and the fayth stopped their dreaming, then why did Tidus disappear if he was more than just a dream now?

I don't think Tidus became real when he was touched by Sin, but then that doesn't explain why if Tidus and Jecht were never real in the first place, why did they have lives, memories?

Unless their whole absolute existence was a dream. They were created within Yu Yevon's vision of Zanarkand, Jecht somehow got washed out of it, as an apparition, not real, even though he still became Sin. I think that when he was washed out of Zanarkand he stopped being part of Yu Yevon's dream, and started being that of the Fayth. Then Auron and Jecht as Sin snook into Zanarkand ten years later to find Tidus, who also became an escaped apparition, no longer Yu Yevon's dream, but also the Fayth's. Which entirely sucks, who wants to discover that their whole existence was somebody else's vision? I think the fact that Auron was unsent was also down to the Fayth, all part of their last chance to defeat Yu Yevon.

And worse still, once Yu Yevon was defeated and stopped dreaming, and the fayth did too, Jecht and Tidus disappeared, no longer existing. It's easy to confuse the Fayth in there, but they didn't dream up Zanarkand, Yu Yevon did. The Fayth just kept the dreams of Jecht and Tidus going to meet their own end, and save Spira.

Phew!

I don't think they ever said he became real as in fully alive again.

Both he and his father were touched by sin becoming more than an dream as a result of that encounter - allowing them to leave the Dream Zanarkand into the real world, but it was never actually said that they became fully alive as a result of Sin's encounter.

So, their still a dream just allowed to cross worlds using Sin as a gateway.

Right, F.F Fan. In a way, Tidus was half a dream and half real when he entered the world of Spira. He was real in a sense that he was still a dream, but able to interact with the "real people". It's kinda weird, I know.

So really, Tidus' disappearance makes sense since it was mentioned in the game that the Fayth was tired of dreaming...but couldn't stop dreaming even if they had wanted to because Jecht (Sin) and Tidus was still in the "real world".

And when everything was finally resolved in the end, the Fayth stopped dreaming, taking their dreams with them (yes, basically disappearing), along with Tidus, who was a dream in the first place...

Ok, I think that everyone is wrong except that Yellow Opera makes sense. Jecht couldn't have gotten over on Sin because he became Sin after he was used to summon Yunalesca to bring about the 10 year calm. He was in prison before that and he had to get to Spira somehow other than Sin. But Yellow Opera's research makes sense. Only problem is that if Dream Zanarkand is just hidden at sea then how come you can't fly to it or even hear anything about it?

Also Mitsuki the fayth stopped dreaming but Tidus comes back... I think that when they stopped dreaming Aeons disappeared, not Tidus.

But as a final note: Have you ever considered that maybe Square Enix just hadn't thought of that. Or maybe they realised it but couldn't think of a way so they just hoped people wouldn't notice?

Last edited:
Ok, I think that everyone is wrong except that Yellow Opera makes sense. Jecht couldn't have gotten over on Sin because he became Sin after he was used to summon Yunalesca to bring about the 10 year calm. He was in prison before that and he had to get to Spira somehow other than Sin. But Yellow Opera's research makes sense. Only problem is that if Dream Zanarkand is just hidden at sea then how come you can't fly to it or even hear anything about it?

Yes, Jecht did become Sin. That's correct. I noticed that the game never mentioned who was Sin previous to Jecht becoming as Sin, so I can't really tell you who brought Jecht over to Spira. (You have to remember, every ten years, Summoners use the Final Summoning to defeat Sin. Hence, each time, the new Final Aeon becomes Sin. Therefore, there's been many, many Sins prior to 1,000 years before.)

And actually, Jecht was in prison in Spira...meaning, in the dream world, Jecht did get in contact with Sin, and was transported into the real world (Spira)...then went in prison. (Yes, in Spira). I don't think they ever stated as to why he was in prison...all I know was that Auron and Braska rescued him from prison, and Jecht becomes a guardian and joins their pilgrimage. (All these happened in Spira.)

And about Dream Zanarkand...it was hidden in sea, yes...but Yu Yevon made it so that no one from the mainland can enter it. Only Sin can, because Yu Yevon created Sin, so naturally, it is allowed. So that explains how Auron is able to travel back and forth from Dream Zanarkand to Spira, the real world.

I hope this makes sense...

EDIT:

Ah, you're talking about X-2, right? Yeah, that's the reason why so many people dislike X-2 because it ruined the whole purpose of X's plot...so I can't really say anything more about that subject. =/ To me, X-2 is a story that do connect to X, but contradicts the plot...like I said, reason why people all went, "Wtf, Tidus is alive?!"

And...Tidus did disappear. It was even seen in the ending...Yuna couldn't even touch him towards the end, remember?

EDIT 2:

I forgot to mention earlier...yes, Yellow Opera is right. Dream Zanarkand and Spira are part of the same world. And for Jecht being washed up...well yes, he would have to be in order to come to Spira...considering that he was brought over by Sin.

Last edited:
Yeah that all makes perfect sense... Wow, I can't believe I hadn't thought of that *feels like and idiot* darnit.

I must say though that you do know of at least 2 previous High Summoners: Ohalland and Braska, but I would like to know more.
I try to figure out every single detail in the game such as: When you fight the Ahrimans inside sin their eyes change to blue quickly when they attack. I just love to look at that stuff.

Thank you for mentioning Ohalland. Either I didn't know about him, or I've completely forgotten about his character. Anyway, I googled him and here's a bit of info I found:

"During the following decades, Bevelle's leadership slowly mutates into a religious organization whose central figure is "Yevon", a god who has sent Sin as a punishment for Spiran's faults and reliance on machina. While the nascent church slowly establishes its hold over most of Spira, summoners from all around gather and try to vanquish Sin, with little success.

Finally, after more than 400 years, a former Kilikan blitzball star, Ohalland, manages to equal Yunalesca's feat and defeat Sin - only to bring about a much too short Calm.

Ohalland, however, sets the measure of the accomplishment, and probably finished the shaping of the pilgrimage as it is known in modern Spira. Given the length of Sin's unchecked rampage, Ohalland is named, posthumously, "High Summoner", a title which will further refer to all who have defeated Sin. However, Ohalland suffers the same fate as Yunalesca: Yevon takes over his guardian's aeon, severing the link between both of them and killing the High Summoner in the process.

Another 3 centuries pass before Gandof becomes High Summoner and brings about the 3rd Calm, and 200 years later, Lady Yocun becomes the first female summoner to achieve this momentous task. Finally, a mere 10 years before present times, Braska, an outcast summoner, brings about yet another Calm. Thus we set the stage for FFX' events."

I don't remember about those characters. >.> It's been years since I played, and I'm actually starting to finally understand the whole story. Anyway, here's the link if anyone's interested. http://www.geocities.com/alastair412/ffx/ffxstoryline.html

I skimmed through it and so far it is similar to the timeline I posted a few weeks back. http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/final-fantasy-x/ffx-timeline-spoilers-13554.html

The Zanarkand that never sleeps is a dream of the Fayth. They're dreaming of Zanarkand the way it was before it was destroyed in the war against Bevelle. Tidus and Jecht are inhabitants of dream Zanarkand. As mentioned in the game, Sin is the link between the dream world and current day Spira. He can drift in and out of the Fayth's dream.

What doesn't make sense is how on earth a dream became a physical being. o.0

Back