Staff member
Global Moderator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Coloured Thread
Chocobo Egg
Shiva Snowflake
...but you won't see me ever again - or anyone else for that matter!

Yes, it finally happened...The End of the World! You are (probably?) the only person left alive on this planet, for whatever the reason you fancy, if any. You are free to do anything you like, go wherever you want to go, take whatever you want to take. The rest of the world is at your disposal, you are the one and only survivor, the last of your kind. The internet and electricity though? Gone. Your friends and family? Also gone. Your pets? ...:sad3:

So, how long do you think you could make it out there alone? What's some of the things you'd do if you were the only person on earth, and would you move to somewhere else? Could you handle the loneliness or would you be capable of a hermit life? More importantly what would be some of the challenges that you think you personally would find difficult in this new world? And how do you think you would die at the end of your life? Accident? Sickness? Old age?

-

This is kind of a strange topic that I'm sure has at least once been posted about. I have this odd mental process of thinking about what I'd do in the place I am at (in the moment) if I was the only person in the world. To just walk into a random old run-down building and nose around the area. Or even one of the really nice houses I see out on my drive and which one I'd pick to live in if it was just a free-for-all. Maybe I'm just extremely nosy, who knows.

I'm sure there are lots of TV shows and movies out there with this kind of scenario, but I don't watch many movies so feel free to impress me with cool living tactics :cool:

-

Anyway, assuming my environment doesn't change much within my lifespan, I'd like to think I could survive the rest of my years out alone in this world. I think the pain of loosing everyone would be a very large burden on me though, and the thought of leaving my home would be very tough. I do think that I'd move on to a different house though and treat it as sort of a home base. After settling down and obtaining what books and other physical resources I'd need, I'd probably travel and explore the continent and collect things as I went. I would probably journal my entire experiences and maybe even past memories as a means of keeping record for myself in my possible old age. Definitely would be posting some sort of means that I was alive, just in case someone else was alive in the world as well. I'd more than likely forget what day it was and then be lost the rest of my life on what the date actually was.

My cause of death is quite possibly sickness or accident. I don't think I'd actually kill myself willingly, but I can see myself trying to treat my depression manually and messing that up somehow, or possibly any other sickness I could possibly have/get. I know that I'd go into survival mode the best that I could though, at least till I've gotten into an older age where I could accept that death may be soon.

Anyway, realistic or not, that's how I possibly see my life if 'the world ended'. What about you? :monster: What would you do if given the chance to do whatever it is you wanted?

I don't think I could handle the loneliness, to be fair, which is kinda funny because at the same time I'm quite a recluse nowadays. :wacky: I'd probably overdose on drugs, most likely some hallucinogens and hope I go out on a really good trip haha. I'd like to be able to say that I'd be like "Right, the world's my playground! I can do anything and go wherever the hell I want!" but I really wouldn't. Mainly because of my current mental state. I struggle a lot with depression and anxiety as it is, so without having a very few close friends or family around for support, I'd be a goner. :monster:

I'd probably revel in it. I dislike people generally anyway's (I'm not as grumpy as that sounds I assure you) but I just prefer my own company.

I've just recently started learning to grow fruit and veg so food wouldn't be an issue and i'm quite techy so I imagine eventually I could get some solar panels up and running so I can continue playing Final Fantasy :tearjoy:

I think my concern would be where is safe in the event of the many nuclear power plants die and the such but still being habitable.

I mean if I could, the first thing i'd do before power goes out is go over to the U.S.A find the celebrities homes and see if I can get on their computers etc to find out all their dirty secrets :tearjoy: Though I'm not sure I could captain a ship all that way :D

So yeah I'd probably go and live in Scotland as a miserable git till I died!

First thing I'd do is hit the pharmacy and the nearest gun store. I need my meds, and I need to be able to fend off wild animals, which will become more and more of a problem the longer the world goes without other humans.

Second thing I'd do is go to military surplus and load up a backpack full of MREs. They taste like toilet paper, but I'm going to need their portability and non-perishability, because I'm also going to need to stay mobile. There's a finite number of meds left in the world, a finite number of ammunition stores, and a finite amount of gasoline for transportation that's going to go bad before too long. I need to be constantly finding new sources of supplies, and there's a time limit on how much I can hoard quickly.

The third thing I'd do is find somebody else's dog or a puppy and make it my own. I'll need companionship, I'll need a scout, and I'll need constant references to A Boy and His Dog to keep myself humored enough. For the record, I like cats more, but they're not as reliable or useful.

And if I had time between finding supplies, I would raid the comic book stores. I'm way behind on Star Trek and Aliens.

The title....

giphy.gif

Yes, it finally happened...The End of the World! You are (probably?) the only person left alive on this planet, for whatever the reason you fancy, if any. You are free to do anything you like, go wherever you want to go, take whatever you want to take. The rest of the world is at your disposal, you are the one and only survivor, the last of your kind. The internet and electricity though? Gone. Your friends and family? Also gone. Your pets? ...:sad3:

So, how long do you think you could make it out there alone? What's some of the things you'd do if you were the only person on earth, and would you move to somewhere else? Could you handle the loneliness or would you be capable of a hermit life? More importantly what would be some of the challenges that you think you personally would find difficult in this new world? And how do you think you would die at the end of your life? Accident? Sickness? Old age?

If everyone else died and I was left entirely alone, I feel like the entire world wouldn't truly be at my disposal as there is no way I'd be able to travel to other countries on my own without airplanes or boats, etc. I mean I could teach myself how to sail, but I'd be teaching myself that and if I teach myself wrong then I'll fall into the sea and get eaten by a shark (which could even be a mutated super-shark, depending on the particular circumstances of the apocalypse).

So I'd probably be safer sticking to the places I know. Which means using my home as a base to start with. Maybe I'll get more brave as time goes on, or I'd be forced to abandon my base and move on after I deplete the resources plundered from my local Morrisons supermarket. If I'm lucky and some animals have survived, and if I'm extra lucky and some gypsy travellers had been in the region when things went down then I could always take one of their horses to help me ride around. But I've never ridden a horse before so I'd be teaching myself that and if I teach myself wrong then I'll fall onto the ground and hurt my back and get eaten by a stray dog or a badger or something (which could even be a mutated super-badger, depending on the particular circumstances of the apocalypse).

So I'd probably be safer walking. I'd need a weapon to defend myself from wildlife like geese at the local lake (which will be crazy at this point without humans to feed them bread, they'll be a lot stronger and finally they shall be attaining their final form as apex predators). I've never used a weapon in my life before though so I'd be teaching myself how to use a weapon and if I teach myself wrong then I'll poke my eye out and a pigeon could swoop down and eat it (which could even be a mutated super-pigeon, depending on the particular circumstances of the apocalypse).

Basically, I can't see me lasting very long.

If I did somehow manage to survive, I think the loneliness would be the killer (and I'll probably have Seal's Killer on repeat in my head). Sure, I'm very much used to being alone and liking my own personal space.... But when I spend too long in my own company I do find myself going insane. That's already something which happens to me, so it'll be much, much worse if there were no options left at all to communicate with a single human soul in any form whatsoever (no work, no family, no friends, no forum- nothing).

If I'm the last of my race, I'd also regret that the human race should end this way. With me. Then I'd probably laugh. For days. Maybe weeks. I'd laugh like Tidus.

I'd have to keep a journal of some sort to try and keep a little bit sane and pretend that I'm writing it for some future eyes (maybe even aliens in the distant future who might find my corpse and decipher human English based entirely on my notebook - so I'd have to try and keep my handwriting neat).

I think I've imagined a few deaths already, but if I'm not devoured by some beast then I'll probably succumb to a terrible illness or I'll trip over a log and fall down a hole or something. I don't think I'd reach old age.

You and your titles. =[

Well I would definitely travel and see what the world is like without people. Silence... that would be a huge challenge. There's something eerie when it comes to being too silent, and I might freak myself out. I get scared easily, unfortunately. But still, I'd attempt to travel, taste different kinds of food... hoard items...more food. I'd probably eat a lot! I'd eat all the cupcakes including the damn icing on top! I'd gather a bunch of ingredients, probably make that my mission in life... make a base every few miles collecting ingredients, setting up Gordon Ramsay kitchens, and just cook my days away, eating delicious food from all over the world. That doesn't sound so bad.

My loneliness would probably end up killing me, honestly. You know how in The Sims 4, when your sims get too lonely they die? That would be me.

Back