Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Rever Seurwit
FFXIV Server
Faerie
Free Company
Timber Owls <Owls>
So I have to take an online course now, it's required for my graduation that i pass before the end of the uear... but the instructions given to me were insufficiant. So I went to the school principle and here they have a retarded appointment system, so they were gonna have me come in and talk to her about this shit, but instead it kept gettin held off. Now I have an entire unit in this class to do online and never even got the proper briefing. I told the office it was important and it was in fact about the course, but now I'm fucked. I mean, who can do an entire unit in one day when they don't even know how to work the website?

I guess what I'm saying is, I fail to see how this system is helping me at all, they told me it would be easy, but seriously, the instructions told me to go into tools...so I did...then click on a link that didnt even exist. I looked the site over millions of times, making sure I would have hope of finding it...But I swear this link was nowhere, I clicked on every tab, every link, and every link the links and tabs I went to...

Thanks to my school, I have to repeat my last year in high school again...Thanks a lot New York state, you failed me...

Last edited:
Oliver, Even if every single FFF member came to my help, time is not on my side. If I can't work the site then I can't do anything about it. And I do have a link, but the problem is, you need to be a member to sign in, and only a school can give memberships. Nor will I hand out my log in to anyone. I mean anyone.

I already had the membership :ness: read the first post, I said I logged in and everything but the site was failing to correctly go with the instructions I was given. I have a login...

leave it to the skl to do just that i say start a riot and show them whats up...... lol prob not the best thing to do but if you rly want to.....

Ooo I know them online sites x.x where you have to complete some assignments and you have a teacher on the site right? I never made it to my senior year -.- sadly, because the school I transfered to credits were way higher then my previous school, so they basically told me I needed to get my g.e.d Which really saddened my >: so I just ended up quitting because they basically gave up on me the first day at the school. Never been able to get my g.e.d either -.-.. but one day I hope I can finally go about doing that!

I'm just lucky I managed to get the training from BOCES I got so I can go into the field of automotive body repair. Good money there. I just can't believe this shit. I mean, I'm not a computer genius capable of reading a site, nor do I have any special software to do it for me. Guess I have some bitchin to do tomorrow...I'ma give the school a piece of my mind and show them just who the fuck they failed. There is no excuse for this.

Show em who's boss! D: Rioting is what my family does best...Give em hell! well not oo much hell but...At least complain them to death...

Question. Why did you fail your senior year of high school, thus having to take the online course in the first place?

Answer, the online course was a requirement, the year isnt over yet

Oh, my mistake. The way you worded the title and first sentence made it sound like you had to take the course to make up for something you failed previously.

Just go in and explain the situation calmly and rationally. If they can, they'll probably give you a grace period to finish the unit, since the mistake was on their part.

I sure hope so. Ever since I moved o this new school, everything school related has been shit :hmmm: I mis my old school. I mean there they knew me, I have trouble focusing for set periods of time so teachers worked it out, but when I came and spoke the the ones here they gave me this "If you can't keep up with the rest of the students then you need to try harder" shit. Yeah, because I can just magically change my attention span like I change my clothes. This goes back to the sb debate about the school systems we had :hmm:

Oh, my mistake. The way you worded the title and first sentence made it sound like you had to take the course to make up for something you failed previously.
That was my initial conclusion as well.

Squee, you might want to clarify that in the initial topic, otherwise people might see it that you're simply trying to excuse yourself from responsibility of your actions.

I know what you mean about the school system, especially and particularly in regards to high school. They leave you so ill-prepared for so many aspects of the very system they're trying to push you through. It took until late (probably second semester) of my Junior Year for the counselor to explain all the different Units and Courses we would need by graduation. There's really only so much you can teach yourself when you have no foundation on which you can do so in the first place.

They'll definitely help you out with this if you inform them though, because it's a problem that's undeniably caused by their end. They have to help you.

Screw the "calm" approach, you have a right to be pissed.

Sorry to hear this :( I don't suppose there's any sort of technical support number you can call on the website or anything? Or someone to email?

I feel bad for you!

School systems really suck this days, no joking. My High School has a higher birth rate than a graduation rate, and no one cares. People kick computers put gum everywhere, and start fights that end in blood. And nobody cares.

Oh, and I almost failed a computer class that was completely online because our stupid teacher, who I have again this year is a dumby who never ever explains anything. And he doesn't care either! Good thing it's my last year and I'd be going crazy at all the not caring that's going on.

I hope it turns out well for you. It seems clear cut that it is their fault.

I never even finished high school ...

Living where I do, schools are different, but after not finishing high school, I basically took a one year college thing which the degree you get from counts as a form of finishing high school, and the first year of college, but not college college, I don't think. We don't have that.

It's called MBO and HBO for us. MBO 1, 2, 3 and 4. Etc.

I basically did the MBO 1 and 2 combined to get the degree I have, then quit.

Still thinking about going back to be honest. :hmmm:

I hope everything turns out well for you.

:gasp:

I mean, you've talked to them about the website correct? If they still haven't done anything about it I know my dad (if that happened to me) would've raised hell for sure.

I'd be pissed if I was you. :mokken: I know for a fact that I would not retake my senior year just because the damn school fucked up and didn't listen to you. :mokken:

I agree with the school systems though. At least I know where I went to school they just were all over the place and it was really confusing for me. They should do something though. Don't they have to?

I'm just gonna call it how I see it from what's written.

I think you should have been more proactive. Sure you can cry "learning disability" and "school system blows" but really who are you kidding here? You had the entire semester to figure this shit out and it sounds like you haven't even begun the course yet. Why would you even go see the principal for this? If it's just a technical difficulty or inability to navigate the website, I'm sure there are school employers who are more accessible that could've fixed the problem. I am still unable to comprehend how you can leave something that is this important until "one day left." Blame the school all you want, but I don't buy it at all. To be honest, this sounds just like a case of procrastination gone bad, and you want to cry regret

The US has the High School Equivalency Exam which basically is equivalent to a High School Diploma. The catch is that you have to be 18 to take the exam.

It sounds incredibly rude, and possibly racist of me, but ill say it anyway. I will stand corrected if anyone disagrees.

*Well, flame shields up*

I always had the impression that American high schools were.... a tad bit.... uncaring and frankly, shit. I really do hope what i've seen so far is just the scum of the bucket and that the rest are brilliant, but i dont have high hopes. That school of yours is absolutely irresponsible. A student's graduation is at risk here and they have the nerve to put off that briefing indefinitely. I say that any teacher who even has a sense of dedication to their job would sacrifice their lunch for a student.

I say make a racket. Make it big. When shit like this happens, you gotta let them know that this isn't something small that they can sweep under the rug. Get your parents involved if need be. If its truly the schools fault due to negligence and laziness, there is nothing to be scared of making this big. You got my support!

Back