I beat the original for the first time! Which next?

Which Compilation Entry To Experience Next?

• Total voters

Wiegraf

White Knight
Gil
Hi, I loved FFVII and it saddened me that it took me so long to finish it. I started playing last spring and was about done when my PSP shut off while saving, deleting every last bit of data on my memory stick (including FFVII save, my 100% completed FFT WOTL (favorite game ever) save (took me years to do this), my almost 100% Dissidia and everything else. Coincidentally, my PSP backup on my computer was also deleted thanks to my computer getting virus infected at the same time and being repaired.

So, I beat FFVII yesterday and was wondering what to do next. I was really thinking about just going in the order that they were released (as in, FFVII>FF ACC>DoC>CC). But I have easier access to CC then I do DoC and I don't know if I should just go ahead and play CC or not and THEN move on.

Also, please don't say something along the lines of "FFVII is the only good one, don't waste your time on the others" because I really want to finish the compilation since I consider it combined to be the entirety of VII's story.

Also, my favorite FFs in this order are:

FFT WOTL>FFXII>FFVII (A very small margin regarding the latter two). And I dislike X, XIII, III, and VI (VI is more overrated then VII EVER was IMO. VII also doesn't seem overrated at all, I see more hate for it then anything).

Probably AC:C. Gives you a nice continuation of what happens in the story, but then definitely Crises Core, to serve as the prequel.

Why did you vote on your own poll? :wacky:

Hey I have just beaten FFVII 2 days ago too! Right away, I watched ACC, and it was really good as it's like a direct continuation to the game. So I would suggest ACC then CC then DoG. DoG happens after ACC chronologically. You may want to consider before crisis and last order (short anime about some plots in CC) if you want to enjoy the whole compilation.

I want to play CC and DoG so badly... I don't have access to both unfortunately.

I went to The Lifestream Forums and the mass opinion there was to play Crisis Core and then watch Advent Children Complete.

Both are done. Yes, I actually finished Crisis Core in 2 days.

Advent Children Complete O.O I've never even heard of this before. Time to downlo....*cough* *cough*...purchase it and watch it asap. Thank you thread :)

Advent Children Complete, totally. I have kind of mixed feelings about Advent Children, it does a couple of things I don't consider canon, but it's so pretty and it has so many subtle nods to the game that I watched it two times back to back the first time I downloaded it when it first came out in Japan (hey, I bought it later, not my fault it took them forever to localize it). I do feel that AC doesn't treat Cloud's character really well (he's not really emo in the game, guys, just crazy), but the added scenes in Complete mostly redeemed that, plus it's just more visually stunning. So what I'm saying is that I love it, but it has a couple of issues.

The rest of the Complication I see as unnecessary. Crisis Core is alright, even though I don't think it makes much sense and I really don't like what they did with Aeris' character. Dirge of Cerberus isn't alright. The most pleasurable thing about DoC was wandering through some of the old environments in 3D and some of the dialogue with Yuffie and Reeve and Cid. But the plot is like bad fanfiction and the gameplay isn't much better. I don't consider either of them canon (yes, I spend a lot of time plugging my ears and humming) but that didn't stop me from buying and playing them both in the week they came out. So. I imagine you'll play them too and I'm not going to tell you not to.

(Your opinions about VI intrigue me, btw. I think it's a classic, and an excellent game, but some of its fans think seem to think it can do no wrong, or put down every FF after it, and that's just unjust.)

Watch Advent Children: Complete first, and then try out Crisis Core after that. When watching the movie, you can see everything that has happened after the actual game, and then if you play Crisis Core, you'll see all of the events that occurred before those in the actual FFVII game .

Back