How old were you when you played your first Final Fantasy?

I first played Tactics Advance when I was about 8, and have been hooked for life. But as for main games, I started playing IX this year.

I was 15, I asked for XIII for christmas on an absolute whim, never even watching anything FF related before.

Hm. My first should be Final Fantasy IV. The one with Cecil. It came with Chrono Trigger. Something something anthology, if I remembered correctly. But in any case, it was for the PS1, and I was... Rather young actually.

The store from which I bought the game has already closed down... And that was like... When I was about... Less than 10 years old?

My guess is... 7-8.

I kept screwing up the game whenever I entered the Mist Cavern. Thanks to my TV's screen settings then, the Mist Cavern was almost totally white. I can barely see a thing except for a rather faded sprite of Cecil... Which is a living nightmare. I gave up and played Chrono Trigger instead.

It was only much much later that I figured out a way to get through. (Literally moving at random until I find a way. That took forever). And the next thing I knew, I met my first boss monster of the game... And died.

Kept attacking the freak when I shouldn't. Gave up again for about two years or so then returned to it. Then, it came to me being stuck at that freaking antlion. Lol.

Left it again, then finally returned. By then, the next part was a breeze. From the moment that sage comes into your team... It was just me breezing through virtually every battle. Furthermore, I made the effort to grind when he was in my team. Was quite over-leveled when I went for the next part of the quest.

Finished it from there on.

I must have been ten when i saw my cousin playing FFVII on the PC, i loved it straight away lol. i can remember bugging him to let me borrow it so i could play but to no prevail, so for like three weeks i just kept nagging until he finally let me lol. never forget it lol, although i never got to finish since he took his PC to uni and along with it the game so i never got to finish, until now since i have just re bought it after years of waiting and a sudden gain of free time haha :ryan:

I was 10 when I started on FFX (fitting, isn't it?). I have forgotten why I first got it; it may have been because it was the same makers as Kingdom Hearts (or the vice-versa...it's been a while). Some of it was beyond me, but the story still pulled me in like a vacuum, as did the length and grandeur of the game and the beautiful graphics (for the time).

First Final Fantasy game I ever played was Final Fantasy II for the SNES when I was about 13. I didn't get very far and stopped playing it, though. I still haven't beaten it but I'm going to play the DS port eventually. I got bored with Final Fantasy III for the DS so that one doesn't count either. And finally, about 3 years ago, I got Final Fantasy X with a used PS2 and that got me into the rest of the series :yay:

I think I was 7-8 years old when me and my brother bought FF7. Those were one of my best choises in my videogame history.

Finally i'm back.

Well lets see here,
i first saw FF when my older sis's boyfriend bought eight when it came out. I was nine i believe. my little brother and i borrowed it, but well never finished, then when nine came out, he and i had both gotten some cash together and bough VIII and IX... we then played them both a lot, like a whole lot, like I've completed IX like 20 times....... Hmmm I'm gonna play it again now.... but i digress, between nine and ten i'd say. now i own them all

Ah, my first Final Fantasy game. Allow me to reminisce back onto the halcyon days of the early 1990's. I had to have been no more than 7 or 8 years old when a friend of mine gave me a stack of his Nintendo Power magazines. One of them was the strategy guide for Final Fantasy I. I must have read that guide cover to cover a dozen times and I couldn't wait to play this magical, amazing looking game. Funnily enough, Final Fantasy I would not be my first Final Fantasy. No, Final Fantasy IV would win the day. Soon after I received all those gaming mags, I took a little visit to a local game rental shop and saw that beautiful red Final Fantasy II (IV) box on the shelf. Needless to say, I grabbed it up as quick as I could and had my mom rent it for me.

I was hooked at once and have loved the Final Fantasy series ever since. After that, I finally played Final Fantasy I, and I quite enjoyed it too. A couple of years after that, Final Fantasy VI was released and I got it for Christmas. Yeah, that game blew my ten year old mind and it easily became my favorite video game of all time. A title and honor in which Final Fantasy VI is still the holder of.

Wow... 1993... 1995. Man, am I getting old. Perhaps that explains my love for the elder Final Fantasies, but who knows, right?

Was FF7 when I was 9 years old. I didn't finish for the first time though, cause I was kinda stupid for reading english back then. I played it again when I was 11 or 12, and I totally fell in love with it until the very end... But it's sad, since I haven't played it again after that. I miss this game so badly. But perhaps that's for the best. You can't cherish a FF game for that long if you play it like once a year. No. It might be still fresh for me if I just play it once after a long while, cause it feels so nice to play an old game.

11, I saw Final Fantasy X-2 at blockbusters and rented it because I thought the cover looked so cool and mysterious. Then I bought X and my obsession began ;)

I'd say I was 8 when I played FFVII but I wasn't so skilled with it. When I was 12, I guess you could say I played Kingdom Hearts, which consequentially got me into final fantasy but I had to play X-2 since the ff series was short on stock that time.

About 15. I came to the series rather late, but I think that helped me appreciate it more. :) I would not have enjoyed turn-based battles at 12...

I think 9-10 was when I played IX. Kinda of a good game to start off with I think (rather than VII - still confusing to this day). Though I doubt I got most of the jokes. Replayed it 8 years later and loved it even more.

Cant remember exactly but It had to be around 8 - 9 when I played Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSX it was the first game I played lol

Wow

I don't think there's a thread like this and I think it'd be really interesting to know.

I was seven when I tried to play Final Fantasy 7 but I didn't like it very much. Maybe because I was still learning to read? Doesn't explain why I still don't care for it though.

And I was 8 when I first played FF8 not long after it came out. And I loved it to death, even though yet again I didn't totally grasp everything. And I love it to this day.

And I never noticed that I played the numbers at what age was...at 7 I played 7 and 8 I played 8..and for that matter I probably played 9 at 9..that's funny.

Anyway, how old were you when you played your first FF game? And of course, which one was it?

That's literally the same for me...I played FFVII when my sister got it, and I didn't really like it. Lol, I remember her getting hooked on it and me complaining to her because I wanted to play Spyro--haha. But, after watching her play for long periods of time, I became interested, and started playing. I was still learning to read, so it was difficult for me, but still fun. Whenever my sister would play FF games and games like it, she would read the text out loud so I knew what was going on.

Around when VIII came out, I was a bit better at reading, and I loved it. FFVII and FFVIII will always be my all-time favorite FF games, simply because of the memories.

Whenever my sister would play FF games and games like it, she would read the text out loud so I knew what was going on.

Naw, thats adorable! I mean playing a game whilst learning to read. Was the themes in the game strange to you? I would imagine they would be for me at that age..maybe.

But I agree, the memories of FFIX make me like it very much. Not sure whether I would really like it (or even like it at all) if I didn't have the memories.

Also the storyline, I seem to remember the story of FFIX and FFX a lot more than the other games though I havn't played them any more than the others. Could be because of the childhood.

My first final fantasy game? I would love to say 7, but I didn't get a PlayStation until I was 8 and even then it took half a year to get ff8 and i never played it, I just watched, even then(in 1998) ff7 was expensive! When I was 9 we got ff9 and again I was relegated to watching. in 2000, when I was 10 and 8 and 9 were broken all to pieces by my siblings(literally) we got ff5 and I played that! Then I went back and played what was left of our ff8 and 9 discs(discs 1 and 2 of each) and then I played ff5 again, and again.

Gosh I think I was around 10 when I played my first Final Fantasy game o.o;;
I still remember buying it in the store haha! It was a toss up between FFVII and FFVIII... after much staring of the packaging I chose FFVIII and haven't regretted it ever ;).

Back