How old were you when you played your first Final Fantasy?

Aww, you're making me feel so old! 8...9...what? I was 21! I can't help but think that it was a wee bit old to start playing the Final Fantasy games, but I was, what 11 when the first one came out in the UK. But I didn't even get a PlayStation til I was 17- I just wasn't interested! VIII was the first one I played, I found it in amongst my boyfriend's stuff when we moved in together, I needed something to do, so I started playing it, then I was hooked!

I'm also a newcomer to the series. I found out about Final Fantasy on GameSpot. Everybody was talking about FFXIII so I was curious about the franchise. I did a bit of research and started playing VII at age of 15. I liked it a lot, so I started playing VIII and that is my favorite fantasy now.

Last edited:
I was seven, playing seven!
My second game for the PSX! Crash Bandicoot being the first!
Loved it so much but looking back I was awful at it!

I was 10 or 11 years old and it was FFIV on the SNES (FFII back then). My neighbour had rented it and I started playing it with him. After a couple of hours we were hooked and after a few weeks we asked my parents to buy the game instead of continuously renting it.

It was the best summer of my childhood even though my other friends were making fun of us because they thought it was a really boring game.

13,14 first with FFTA (bought a copy)and then FFVI(zsnes).

But to tell the truth what made me play the main series was an awful hack of FF6. You controlled Kain and fought against Mario.It SUCKED and was short.I liked the battle system though(same as 6)and downloaded the games themselves(not hacks).I beat 4 first,though.

If I'm remembering correctly, I was around 18 or 19 when I played my first Final Fantasy, which was FFVIII. I knew VII and the previous versions existed, but I never really paid much attention to them at that time – the series never seemed to appeal to me back then. It wasn't until a few years later when I watched a friend play VIII that I got hooked on the series. I was so amazed with the game, what little story I saw, and the graphics that I immediately went out that day and bought a copy. And the rest is history.

I'd say, about when I was 6. I didn't really understand any of it because I was so young, but I still loved it. But when I seriously got into the whole series, I was around 11/12 years old. I played 'dat shit 24/7. :D

I must have been around 12-13 years old. I was ib my first year of highschool and a mate of mine was playin FFVIII, tryin to get past the Mechanical Spider at Dollet....(lol)

WOW i think i was 6 i played my first final fantasy game can't remember what it was though....... by the way I'm new here!! hehe.

I started late, I think I was either 14 or 15 when I first played FFX, then I played the rest after that :D

Played FF3j when I was either 13 or 14, don't remember which. Thought it was pretty fun and wanted more, so I moved on to FF: Mystic Quest... needless to say, I was less than impressed.

11-12, final fantasy 8

Mod Edit: A little bit more effort please, otherwise this is a spam post in a post count section. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first Final Fantasy game was Final Fantasy X, when I was 7. I didn't understand much of what was going on, but I still loved the game.

I was about 14 years old when I played my first ff game. I knew about it I just want to wait until I played the first ff, and i wanted to play them in order.

I think It was sometime in the mid 90's when playstation first became popular. I am age 23 currently. I remember getting a playstation for my Birthday and playing the demo for final fantasy 7 that came with it. After that it was all over. Instantly hooked just on that demo. As a kid I was young and naive and thought that the demo was the entire game!!!! when I found out it was 3 cd's long I went crazy and had to have it lol. From that point on I have played every final fantasy since except the online version. Also 3 and 4 for the nintendo DS

Man, that was a long time ago. I must have been around 12 or 13. Maybe 11. Not sure of the exact age. I just remember that my first FF was VIII, and since that came out in '99 I had to have been at least 11. I also remember getting FFIX like a year later.

Back