How has Final Fantasy changed you as a person?

We all know that Final Fantasy games can have phenomenal story-telling. It's also safe to say that Final Fantasy stories have moved us all in different ways and taught us life lessons as human beings. Also, without Final Fantasy, none of us would be on this website right now. It would have never existed.

So what things have Final Fantasy introduced into your life, or, how has it helped you?

For me, I'd have to say Final Fantasy has taught me how important friendships are, and made me a more mature person and look at life a little more seriously.

It's also helped me bond with my younger brother as Final Fantasy X is his first Final Fantasy game and he needs lots of help. :)

Great thread. To me, it taught me how to be comfortable with myself and accept myself for who I am. It also taught me AFFECTION.

And trust me, you don't wanna know the long story behind it. lol

It's also helped me bond with my younger brother as Final Fantasy X is his first Final Fantasy game and he needs lots of help. :)

I'd say this was the main thing for me. FF helped me bond with my brother and cousins over the years we spent playing the series. Along with other games it also helped develop my imagination and problem solving from an early age.

Along with other games it also helped develop my imagination and problem solving from an early age.

I think parents overlook this certain benefit of video games.

I mean seriously, aside from getting good practice from reading when playing story-based video games, they can potentially improve intelligence and imagination in a certain way...

They also inspire us. :)

Final Fantasy got me to bond with my Mom more. Playing FFIX just wouldn't be the same without us arguing about where to go or who to use. Or her critiquing my airship driving skills. But most of all, her doing the voices for all the characters! Her voice for Kuja is awesome! XD Anyway, it gave us something else to do so that we could spend time together, much like Kingdom Hearts did for me and my brother. Other than that, nothing else though (at least...... I don't think there's anything else).

Because I began playing when I was like 13 or something I think it has had some effect on the shaping of my personality (though I guess it wouldn't have had an impact at all if I had began to play it at say 17) and I'm convinced that it has changed my taste in music and books -and art in general- for the better... if it wasn't for FF I would have never believed that a video game could actually be a piece of art in itself.
It didn't "change my life", but it did contribute in some way to what I am now... and there are a lot of good memories linked to it as well :)

Last edited:
Final Fantasy hasn't taught me all that much in life. However has inspired me to write stories and that innovation isn't dead. Especially in the gaming world. But that doesn't just connect to ff But to several FF games such as Chrono trigger and several action RPGs.

It definitely one of the most creative games ive seen, and im speaking about the ones I hate too such as XIII

In my case FF has taught me to think outside the box. In terms of story and design I've learned that there are other ways than the traditional western elements which can be used in making something new. It often pays to be brave and different as long as it works.

I guess it helped me understanding that many different universes can exist in our imagination. Whenever I write stories I include many fantasy elements, many times based in FF.

FF has shaped my personal perspective in a way that has helped me appreciate the small things in life alot more.Also I found it inspirational towards having a positive attitude towards life.

LOL I learned Japanese just so I can play some untranslated FF games (well that's not the sole purpose of course)
and learned to play the guitar so that I can play some FF songs, Fisher man horizon is the best to go with acoustic guitar.
But I think the most important gift I got from the games was how it opened up a new world in my imagination, I learned to be more creative in someway because of FF. Oh and I made friends who also like FF because of it.

I wouldn't say it has changed my life in any specific way but the games have gotten me through some hard times just by playing them and enjoying the story telling. It's the perfect types of games to relieve my stress by getting lost in which ever FF I tend to be playing at the moment.

Back