How did Lucrecia die?

jammi568

Ex-Soldier
Gil
And when? Because I don't remember it ever being mentioned in either the original game, or in Dirge of Cerberus.

There is some info about it but the exact death reason is a mystery I think :) We are going to roleplay the same timeline with V.V ;) But I think it was because Lucrecia was injected with Jenova Genes and that mad her sick and ill. And so she died after giving birth to Sephiroth :D

Well, she certainly went through a lot of torment. She said she wanted to die:

"I wanted to disappear... I couldn't be with anyone... I wanted to die... But the Jenova inside me wouldn't let me die..."
Perhaps it wouldn't let her die until after she gave birth to Sephiroth, at which point she took her life.
That would be my theory anyway. Obviously she'd take her life after experimenting with Vincent.

I wasn't aware she ever actually DID die, I thought she just sealed herself away in that cave becaus eshe felt guilty for all the experiments she did and what have you, and as said above, she says the Jenova inside her wouldnt LET her die... I dunno, it's summat Ive always been abit fuzzy on, never really understood, I just never thought she was actually dead

I agree with Kelly. Nothing ever directly stated that Lucrecia did die. I always thought that Jenova inside her wasn't allowing her to die. She couldn't be around others, live with her remorse and so she sealed herself in a cave, just to hide away from pain of her memories. If she did die, I'd like to see a direct source stating she did. If not, then I'll continue to believe she is, in so many words, alive.

From my understanding, she does attempt to kill herself but fails due to the Jenova cells in her body. As far as I know she remains encased in crystal at Crystal Cave. I suppose you could argue that her human self died when she took in the Jenova cells, as you could with Vincent and his "death"... but in all other senses of the word she's still alive.

Ohhh, okay. I was just going on the assumption that she did die, for whatever reason that might have been.

But in that case, how did she manage to get herself into that crystal? :wacko:

She's not even IN the crystal in VII, it looked more like some sort of alter and she was stood there, telling Vincent not to come any closer...although she has dissapeared if you go back later, so I guess she could be in it then...I guess she has just exiled her self to this cave, and uh, the jenova in her let her manipulate the crystal so she could seal herself within the crystal....?

That's about as much of an explanation as I can come up with :confused:

^ Yea, I honestly thought that too but everything I found suggests she was in the crystal the entire time. I have always wondered where she went if she was encased though. Maybe she shed it... or maybe she can control the rock. Who the fuck knows?

The Lucrecia in the crystal was explained in Dirge of Cerberus, it's not the real Lucrecia.

"Hello Vincent. Something's wrong... You see, this is me, but only in a sense. It is merely a reflection created with my remaining data. The real me crumbled away long ago."

Hmm, I don't remember that part, do you know exactly when she said it?

Hmm, I don't remember that part, do you know exactly when she said it?
Well I remembered it being said in the game, and I just went back and found it in the game script online.

I do remember finding those lines interesting the first time playing through the game. I'm positive it's in there.

It's right after the flashback that shows Nero instructing Shelke about what she should do. The one that ends with the screen fading and Shelke saying "Connect with her, Vincent. Connect with her heart.". One of the cornier lines in the game. xD

Lucrecia says it during one of the scenes where Vincent is sitting in her cave.

Ah yes, he does spend a lot of time in that cave..... -_-
I must say that this is one of the things that Square has been very unclear on. I know they like to be vague about things but every now and then I wish they would just come out and tell you a couple things.
Hmm...well if that wasn't even her in the nifty little crystal thing..and considering what she said I think it's pretty safe to say she's dead. Then I guess her little crystal image is just one of those strange 'remnants of her memories' or something? left there to make vincent even broodier?
I was confused when I replayed FFVII though and went to her cave and realized it looked like she was standing in front of the crystals instead of in them...I guess I put it down to the fact of the graphics and if they hadn't put her there it would have looked like vincent was talking to the wall. Could you imagine how confusing that would have been?

Vincent *walks up to cave wall*: Beautiful Lucrecia, I love you.
*rest of the group backs away slowly*
Cloud: Hey...you guys? Remember when I said we should bring him with us? Yeah...well uh...I might have been having one of my little crazy fits then..I say we rethink this....

Personally...I would have been confused...

well....it was said that she actually did suicide but its most unlikely cuz in ff7 she was in the waterfall or sumting so i guess she died eventually....hmmm.... i always thought she turned herself to a crystal.

I wasn't aware she ever actually DID die, I thought she just sealed herself away in that cave becaus eshe felt guilty for all the experiments she did and what have you, and as said above, she says the Jenova inside her wouldnt LET her die... I dunno, it's summat Ive always been abit fuzzy on, never really understood, I just never thought she was actually dead
True story, Lucrecias injected with Jenova. Think about how relentlessly Jenova wont die. How persistantly Sephiroth clings to life that he reincarnates himself through others. And yeah, Lucrecia's sitting there talking to you clearly up until the point where she drops Vincents last summon and weapon.

And yeah, Lucrecia's sitting there talking to you clearly up until the point where she drops Vincents last summon and weapon.

But how do we KNOW that that was actually her and that she was alive? It really could have just been the way she was represented because of the graphics then. I mean, in Dirge of Cerberus she still 'speaks' to Vincent but she says....
"Hello Vincent. Something's wrong... You see, this is me, but only in a sense. It is merely a reflection created with my remaining data. The real me crumbled away long ago."

ther "her" in the cave in FFVII could be some kind of...leftover...besides she says "long ago"....and the time between FFVII and DoC is only 3 years, not exactly a long time..not in the way she seems to mean it. Also, the effects of the Jenova cells were injected into Sephiroth if I recall, a mere fetus at the time, so it's possible that the Jenova cells only prevented her from dying while she was pregnant and after that she was free to do with her life what she wanted, including ending it.

I am pretty sure she ended up taking her own life..though exactly how and when is unclear..although I believe it to be quite a while before the events of FFVII....

I admit that now I'm not sure if Lucrecia actually died or not, but when she stopped "living", it was after Sephiroth was born, so not during the FFVII timeline 3 years ago, but several years ago; I think the actual amount of years was stated in an Ultimania Guide. So yes, "long ago" is appropriate to use ;D

Perhaps Lucrecia's body itself lives in eternal sleep, but her spirit has long since disappeared, appearing a couple times in front of Vincent...

What I want to know is how'd she end up in that cave O.O

What I want to know is how'd she end up in that cave O.O

I am assuming that she went there herself.....let's hope Vincent didn't make the whole shrine himself:confused:

I think it said somewhere that she went there herself to commit suicide..but I am not entirely sure. I am also not sure how..there are much easier ways than fusing your body with crystals.....although I doubt there are any that make you look as good.

So yeah, I would say her spirit is long gone, no true part of her still exists but that her body still exists and some fragment of memories possibly? That would explain the whole..whispering to Vincent all the time thing..maybe it has to do with the crystals...I have decided it's best not to ask how the whole inside a crystal thing happened...when it comes to Final Fantasy it's better just to never question it when crystals are involved...

But what if she's not really dead and put into stasis?

I honestly want to know how she got in that state since according to DC - she did in fact survive giving birth when you hear her shouting off screen to (I would assuming) Hojo on how she demanded to see her baby, if only just once. (What's on screen was Vincent in a Mako specimen container)

So it makes me wonder how and why she became encased in that crystal - and why in in a beautiful dress since the other times you would see her dressed in her usual wear with a lab coat on top.

Edit: It looks like I'm only repeating what some others are saying - but I would have to agree with them

Last edited:
Oh yeah she DEFO didnt die during childbirth, I remember her sayin taht she never got to hold her baby boy or something, so I assume she's fallen depressed after this point, tried to kill her self, then somehow ended up in this bloody cave of mystery?

Back