Hardest Weapon Boss Fight

Which one was the hardest one for you to defeat?

• Emerald Weapon (FFVII)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Ruby Weapon (FFVII)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Ultima Weapon (FFVIII)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Omega Weapon (FFVIII)

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Which of these weapon bosses was the hardest one for you to defeat and why? Please don't forget to vote on the poll on this thread.

omega_weapon_by_htanjo-d6u79cf.jpg

The hardest one for me to defeat was Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII. It has a ton of HP, powerful attacks and magic spells. I never managed to defeat him after many tries. I wanted to beat him without using the hero drinks. I think that take away the challenge and the hype on defeating him. Until this day I still consider Omega Weapon the hardest boss fight in Final Fantasy VIII.

Emerald Weapon. I think after 50+ tries, I finally gave up on him. I was 12 years old at the time, so I don't remember the details. But he pissed me off so much. :lew: Mostly because I actually trained all my characters and mastered all the materia (which took a few months)...and I still couldn't beat him. I defeated Ruby, as well as the Ultima and Omega in FFVIII, but Emerald... ugh. We have unfinished business.

Ruby was a pain in the ass.He always took my strongest characters out of the fight right away with the quicksand move(so freeking annoying).Of course one of them would be cloud and even so being allowed to keep him in, I found it was still harder than the other weapon battles,he would comet2 at a really bad time killing my character,either that or one of those stupid prongs he keeps poked out of the sand would get me.Thankfully Final Attack revive worked nicely with a mastered revive materia,but it took alot of tries before I finaly decided to go for broke and master Knights of the round and Final attack revive,which led me to beat him finaly.Ahh those were the days....

I'm going to go for Ruby Weapon as well. His quicksand attack leaving only 1 or 2 characters to fight definitely made the fight more challenging. However, I do believe I would not be able to defeat Omega Weapon without Holy War invincibility, so perhaps he does win after all.

Emerald Weapon. I think after 50+ tries, I finally gave up on him. I was 12 years old at the time, so I don't remember the details. But he pissed me off so much. :lew: Mostly because I actually trained all my characters and mastered all the materia (which took a few months)...and I still couldn't beat him. I defeated Ruby, as well as the Ultima and Omega in FFVIII, but Emerald... ugh. We have unfinished business.

This sounded like me..... I was about the same age... maybe 9 or 10 (got it when it came out in 97, but didn't bother doing the weapons till a year later... :rage: )

Seriously... I didn't beat him until a couple years ago, because I 100% refused to look up how to beat him, I was going do it all by myself and end my childhood nightmares! :shakefist:

For me it had to be ruby, it would have been Emerald but I somehow done it second try with pure luck. (Story of Emerald begins) I basically had mastered mime two times to place on my other party members and when going in to fight him. I forgot to actually equip the underwater materia to make it so you didn't have a time limit. So that meant I had 30 minutes and I was like ah well I will give it a go but I got destroyed last time. I mimed Knights of the road like 9 times I think and it was quite tense. It got so tense that I went to click mime below attack with cloud but instead clicked attack and the other two to mime (My face dropped in fear of finishing myself) However luck struck when emerald done a single attack on cloud killing him which meant I mimed the summon another 2 more times (WOO!) after that I literally used highwind limit break and then toybox and I finished him off with 6 minutes to spare.

However Ruby...god damn Ruby, I died around 10 or so times with this boss, it was so long ago that I can't remember the strategy I used to beat him. I think though it was along the lines of the killing two party members first so he didn't cast that sand whirl taking them out of the battle and having the Phoenix summon attached to the final attack materia. It was a long grueling fight and I won and saved it and that save was sadly on a seperate file to the one I beat emerald. So I have two around the same save time but two different weapons destroyed.

Back