Help Gunner's Gauntlet

ANGRYWOLF

Red Mage
Veteran
Gil
well if you've played the game you know what that is.
I understand there are two of them.I am talking about the first one on Besaid where Beclam challenges Yuna.

I am not very good at it.

But I decided I wanted to try to get 100 percent so I am trying to get a decent score.

Any advice ?

I have watched the youtube videos but they aren't helping me much..

I intend to keep trying though for a while.

Any advice would be appreciated.:awesome:

There is a sweet spot near the second waterfall where yuna won't get hit by monsters when they pass. Also make sure you keep your chain bonus and keep getting the ammo needed. I'm not all that good at it either but I aim to get that accessory that you get for beating it. I heard its pretty good and a one time only find.

Fou Lou must be a Breathe of Fire fan..lol

From the video you get the impression that there must be something done that increases the number of monsters that appear along the trail.Then when you hide next to the waterfall you can use a volley attack to kill a bunch of monsters at once..several times and get a high score.
The problem is it's not readily apparent from the videos what you need to do to make that happen.

shrugs.

I finally beat it.
It took about 10 tries though.

I didn't realize until I watched kaddygamer's videos that if you try it more than once you face an increased number of more powerful monsters in the gauntlets.

I might try it more times to see if I can get some of the special items.

Last edited:
Back