Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
The yuletide season is upon us, meaning that soon afterwards, we're heading into (the hopefully non-apocalyptic in any sort of way) 2012, waving the rather awesome 2011 of game releases behind us.

You know the drill, people. List the games you're hoping to purchase next year and the platforms you'll hopefully be purchasing them on.

--------------

I will drastically cut down my list to only a few games, because realistically I will have precious little time to play anything nowadays, and in terms of my expenses, well, spending them on new games - let alone hardware like the Vita and its memory cards - isn't exactly up there on my priorities list. The list is also drastically cut down because there isn't much I even want next year:

PS3

+ Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Platinum Games turning Metal Gear Solid on its head with this spinoff actually looks...awesome. Seriously, this is Vanquish with the addition of a physics-defying samurai sword that can cleave enemies to pieces, and while also being able to hurtle entire Zords - I mean, mechs to one side. And I loved Vanquish. Short yes, but definitely fun, something a LOT of games nowadays seem to have forgotten to be. If there is any studio that can make something good out of this, it's Shinji Mikami's lot.

+ The Last of Us - If this is coming out in 2012 of course, though I have a suspicion that we'll see a 2013 release instead. I admit, were it not for Naughty Dog at the helm, I probably wouldn't bat an eyelid at what looks like another zombie game/a game set in a world where its populace behave like zombies. Here's hoping that Naughty Dog can do something with this exclusive to make it stand out, because as good as their games are, they aren't exactly known for their originality.

+ Tomb Raider - I didn't like the idea at first, so I can't believe how much of a 180 I've made all of a sudden. This could well be the Tomb Raider that will reinvigorate my interest in the franchise after its PS1 days, and hopefully, become something competitive enough to challenge Nathan Drake and his treasure hunting troops. I also love the look of this younger and more vulnerable Lara - something more believable than the superhuman woman from previous games when she had her boobs inflated.

+ Ni No Kuni - A Level-5 game employing the help of Studio Ghibli's awesome work, with an art style that reminds me of a lot of one of my favourite JRPGs ever, which is Dragon Quest VIII? Heck, I'm sold, even though I'm not too sure about how the battles look, with your companion Poké- uhh, Imagins. It's kind of a shame that MW3 has somehow sold more copies than this in Japan though, which is a bit baffling.

+ (Possibly) a GOTY edition of Skyrim - There is no way I am getting Skyrim for the PS3 at the current state it's in with that horrendous lag problem. If Bethesda sort this out with a more polished re-release in the future, then maybe I will consider getting it.

Wii

+ The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - I know this is already out, but I won't have time to play it until well into next year, so it's still lingering here on my list. It's unlikely to top LTTP as my favourite Zelda game, and I'm still unsure about the motion controls, but it looks delicious all the same, and hopefully very deserving of its highly acclaimed reception.

+ The Last Story - It doesn't look as exciting as Xenoblade, but I still want it anyway, namely because it has one of the most intriguing battle systems I have ever seen. And because I have more faith in Sakaguchi's lot producing a better Final Fantasy-like product (albeit with the radically different combat system) than the current Square Enix themselves producing a Final Fantasy game.

PSP

+ Persona 3 - Ideally, I would rather have Persona 4, but I'd need a Vita for that, so the third one will do for me, just so I can try out the Persona games. It looks better than the 2nd Persona too, but then again, you can't fight Hitler in this game. Decisions, decisions...

DS

Can't think of anything

3DS

...nope.

Xbox 360

....still no.

---------------------

I reserve the right to make my own changes and/or additions to this list. Unless your name is @The Nutcracker. :mokken:

Only play PS3 so here is my rather long list!

Final Fantasy X HD, assuming this is getting an international release I am definitely getting this game, an awesome game now with trophy support? YES PLEASE!!!!

jak and Daxter HD collection: there seem to be alot of HD collections coming out next year and frankly they are all awesome. Jak and Daxter are just one of the HD collections I will be buying next year.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: It's Metal Gear Solid, enough said.

Metal Gear Rising Revengance: Trailer is awesome, cyborg Raiden is awesome, Sword fights are awesome this game will be awesome..... I say awesome too much.

Final Fantasy XIII-2: good or ad it is an FF game so i will be buying it and playing it, so far it looks rather good.

The Last of Us: Not a big fan of games like this but I am a Naughty Dog fanboy, so the fact that this game is made by them is enough to make me buy it.

and finally, if I decide to buy a PS Vita I will obviously buy Uncharted Golden Abyss. Infact I will buy a Vita for this game alone :D

:ahmed:

I'm not going to be buying games on a whim next year either...I'll probably buy a lot of games in short bursts. The chances of me getting everything on my list, unless I come into some unexpected fortune, is remote, simply because I don't have the cash to pay for it all.

Anyways, my list for the year, at the moment, in order of most desired to least for each console, those in bold being the ones I will get even if I have to sell my own mother to do so, is as follows:

PS3
+ Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland - I loved Rorona, I loved Totori. I just know I'm going to adore this as well. Totori improved on Rorona in every way, and I'm curious to see how Meruru will improve on Totori. Plus this completes the Arland trilogy, and to be honest I think it's nothing short of a miracle these got localized. Do want.

+ Tales of Graces f - Xillia looks shit, but Graces f looks promising. To be honest, the Tales series has an equal pass/fail rate with me: Symphonia and Eternia were both amazing, but Vesperia was shit, and to be honest Abyss looks like it's going that way as well. But Graces f looks like it could be good, and it's not often we get Tales games here, so I'm willing to chance it.

+ Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk. 2 - For all its flaws (well, it had one flaw, and that was the lack of ability to heal) Hyperdimension Neptunia has the best premise EVER. More of the same, only with the ability to heal added in? Don't mind if I do! Although the fact that the new characters are all lolis is...disconcerting.

+ Borderlands 2 - The first one was fantastic; the graphics in particular were appealing and, despite the fact that it had very little in the way of a story, it's probably my favourite FPS, although the classification it gives itself is so very wrong. Shooter RPG, indeed. What utter bollocks. But BL2 has my eye.

+ BioShock Infinite - BioShock 2 was fun, although it lacked the atmosphere of the first, and was quite disappointing as a result. A new city could go either way, but it looks like it could be a lot of fun, so I'm keeping an eye on this as well.

+ Ni No Kuni - Ehhh, I like Studio Ghibli's unique style of art, and the gameplay looks like it could be fun, even if it is just a Pokemon clone. When Ghibli is involved, you can be sure the premise will be interesting and engaging, and that's more important than gameplay sometimes...if the story is good enough. I like anime-style games anyway.

+ Mass Effect 3 - Whether or not I get this will depend on what I think of the supplement for the first game that comes with the second...I might get it for PC if my laptop can handle it. But I want to see how BioWare wrap this all up.

+ Asura's Wrath - We've had a lot of these mythology-based action games since God of War became so successful, and every one of them has been better than it. Dante's Inferno and El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron both outclassed GoW by leaps and bounds. Asura's Wrath seems to be going in a totally different direction, away from the stereotypical stuff, and into new realms entirely. Could be fantastic.

+ Darksiders II - I didn't think much of Darksiders in the end, but...well, who doesn't want to play as Death? Darksiders has a pleasing to the eye graphical style, some moderately fun gameplay, and a ridiculously over-the-top macho-man set of characters. I suppose it could be worse. At least they went with Death for this one, and not the other two horsemen, which they stupidly renamed...

PS Vita (assuming I get one...which I plan to)

+ Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention - I don't think much of Disgaea 3, but the extras could make it worthwhile, plus...eh, Disgaea on the go. There go another 100+ hours of my...life? What life?

+ Tales of Innocence R - I DEMAND they localize this. Come on, be good to us. Even if it just makes it to US shores, I'll import it, I don't give a damn. They didn't bother localizing the DS version, so the least they can do is make it up to us with the Vita one. NOW.

Wii

+ Pandora's Tower - The soundtrack sold me, really. This looks pretty good and, whilst not as exciting as Xenoblade, exciting enough to have my attention.

+ The Last Story - Pretty much given up on this being much good, I just feel the need to support NoE for giving us Xenoblade. The soundtrack is atrocious, it isn't being done by people I have a very high regard for, and it looks gimmicky. But I'll still buy it. I show support to developers that don't fuck me over repeatedly.

3DS

+ Beyond the Labyrinth - tri-Ace are making it. Nuff said.

+ Luigi's Mansion 2 - Luigi > Mario. It's fantastic that this is getting a sequel, even if it is more of the same. I know I heard/read the words "multiple mansions" somewhere, and I'm geared up for that.

+ Monster Hunter 3G - 250 hours of my life on the Wii version. I'm up for another go with some proper dual analogue controls, even if the 3DS thing does look gimmicky. I don't care. Monster Hunter is painfully addicting.

Those first three PS3 games in particular are what I want, more than anything else. They're probably going to be my holy trinity for 2012.

This excludes the games already out, as well. I might end up getting Record of Agarest War Zero at some stage, along with the Uncharted games, if only to see what all the fuss is about. I also have an overwhelming desire to import Sengoku Basara 3: Utage...

Last edited:
Oh boy... 2012. I think I have a lot on my wishlist for next year. Well, let us start shall we? First off, I am pretty happy with what is going to be out in 2012.

Xbox 360

Halo IV - I think this is self explanatory. Even though 343 industries has the halo series now, I can still count on it to be as good as when Bungie had the series. I am really hoping they do something new with this one as well. The Forerunner will be the main focus from what I hear, and it will also focus on Cortana terminating once and for all. I do wonder what forerunner weapons besides the sentinel beam will show up. Hoping that we can play as more than just Elites and Spartans as well.

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance - I love the Metal Gear series, and despite this not looking like a Metal Gear game at all, it looks quite fantastic. It has some Bayonetta aspects in it in terms of crazy execution moves etc. I like Snake better than Raiden, but hey why not play as Raiden another time? The hack and slashing looks really fun, and well MGS was always fantastic and fun.

Mass Effect III - Hah, I loved the first two so much, and I must say that these game are beyond amazing. I really loved the 2nd one more than the 1st though. The choices you make from the 1st and 2nd game will affect the choices you make in the 3rd game. I can not wait to play this, and A few familiar faces are coming back as well. Those Reapers are going down.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - First off, Livi do not kill me :ahmed: Yep, going to get this simply because I can. I am not particularly excited for FF XIII-2, but I will get it anyhow. The 1st game was pretty meh, but I do not hate it as much as others on here do. Going to get 100% in this one also, but other great games may interfere with this process. I do have the slight feeling that Caius will not die in FF XIII-2 and, well we will have to kill him in XIII-3, which is just going overboard!

Dead or Alive V - Oh, considering the last one in the main series came out in 2005, I can not wait to see what more they will do with this one. Everyone thought DOA was completely dead, but I am glad the new developer or merged developers more like, want to make the 5th one. New characters will hopefully be plentiful, so it just will not be the same hot girls battling it out. Obviously there will be some perverted aspects, this is DOA after all. :(

Tomb Raider - Very excited for this game, because it will play a slightly younger Lara, and will be survival horror like. I mean, I do not want the poor girl to get stabbed, murdered, or have broken bones/shattered, but I am so glad that it will not just be boobs this time around. Sure, Lara is still sexy, but this time she must face real fear. It looks really good, but I am not sure it will be as good as Uncharted 3.

PS3

The Last of Us - Okay, Uncharted 3 was fantastic, and now ND want to try something new. If this does get released in 2012, awesome. Naughty Dog are always good at what they do, and we can see that from the Uncharted series. This is not going to be a zombie game, it is going to go beyond that, and still take the 3rd person view. The game really looks fantastic, and I must say there is nothing going to stop me from getting this.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Oh! Why is this even up here?

Tales of Graces F - Oh, been waiting to play this for a long time now, and well it is coming to NA and EU next year, so that is fantastic. It will even be on ps3 like Graces F in Japan, and not the Wii. I like mostly every tales game, so I am bound to like this one.

Tales of Xillia- Nope, that is not coming here.... and the dlc costumes on little girls make me really sick. If however this does see the light of day, I will play for the story, and Milla is like the only good character in the game. I hate the little kids.

Final Fantasy X HD- Uhh I do not really have to say anything about this, but I do plan on getting it sometime. I hope it goes beyond just a port with HD graphics and trophies. I probably will not get it right away, so I do not know why it is up here.

SoulCalibur V - Now, I know this is being released on the same day as FF XIII-2, and it does feel a bit rushed. I hope it will not be a disaster like IV was. The character creation looks really awesome, and seems to have learned from III, which is a good thing. Oh, and well I am liking some of the new characters, but hopefully the last few that get revealed are pretty cool as well. Also, go beyond just Nightmare Vs Siegfried for crying out loud.

The Last Guardian - If it does come out next year. This game is going to be really exciting, but it looks like the developers are having some problems...

Shin Megami Tensei Persona V? - Again, if it does get released in 2012.

Ni no Kuni - Another title I want, that is finally being localized.

WII

Xenoblade Chronicles - Yup, I could not believe my eyes that it is FINALLY coming here. I love Xenosaga so much, and well this is at the top of my list for 2012, and I plan on playing it a lot. I can not wait to experience it all, and I already know it is very similar to Xenosaga. I am sooooo excited for this game. If it were never released in Europe, I do not think it would ever be localized.

The Last Story - Yeah, now if it gets the same treatment as Xenoblade, I will get this. I really like what I have seen from it.

PSP

Only thing I want is

Final Fantasy Type-0 - Yeah, that is all I want for my PSP at the moment, because it is finally getting localized for both NA and EU. I am excited/hyped for this game now that it is coming. Originally I lost all hope for localization.

3DS

Luigi's Mansion II - Loved the first, and it was so spooky and fun. I am not going to lie, but when I first played the 1st when it was out, I was scared!

Pokemon Grey? - No, I can not commit myself to this horror. Is it even for 3DS?

DS

Nope, noffin.

I may have a lot more.. but now I am going to stop here. May edit whenever I feel like it.

Last edited:
PS3:

- Ni no Kuni
- Tales of Graces f :-)ohoho:)
- Final Fantasy X HD
- The Last of Us
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
- Shadow of the Colossus and Ico Collection
- Tomb Raider
- Final Fantasy XIII-2
- Jak and Daxter HD Collection :grin:
- Darksiders 2 (need to go beat the first soon :hmmm:)

PC:

- Borderlands 2
- Mass Effect 3
- Bioshock Infinite
- Half-Life 3 :hmph: they had better announce this at E3 like they're teasing, because I want it :raye:
- Oh, and Alan Wake is getting a PC release, so I'll check that out as well.

PS3
Final Fantasy Versus if it comes out...

Ni No Kuni
Ah, the battle system and design of this game seem pretty fun, a bit like Pokemon! I haven't heard enough about the story to be sure how high on the list this game is, but I will certainly pick up a copy when the price drops! :) The fact Ghibli were involved in the development means I have high hopes that it will be fantastic! :awesome:

Metal Gear Rising
This game looks amazing! :D The story-line sounds interesting, although I should probably play through MGS, MGS3 and MGS4 first...

Bioshock Infinate
I'm not very far into the first Bioshock but the design, atmosphere and concept is amazing! This game looks tense, exciting, emotional...

Final Fantasy XIII-2
I'd rather get this for the PS3 but my copy of XIII is on the 360. :ness: Anywho, the more I see of this game, the more excited I get. The battle system hasn't quite improved enough from XIII, but the rest of the gameplay (the chocies, the missions etc) sounds super and what has been revealed of the story suggests it's going to be rather fantastic too! :D I can't wait to see more of Serah, Lightning and Snow. I am intrigued by Caius and Noel...

I also hope to buy Rayman Origins for my PS3 when the price drops to about £15! :)

Gaming Wishlist (2012)

I did not see a Gaming Wishlist for 2012, so I thought I'd make one.

Same thing as last year.

• PS3 (mostly) and the release dates for each game. (MONTH/DAY)

- Kingdoms of Amalur (2/7)
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (3/20)
- Mass Effect 3 (3/6)
- Jax & Daxter HD Collection (2/7)
- Resident Evil 6 (11/20)
- Ninja Gaiden 3 (3/20)
- Tales of Graces F (3/13)
- Street Fighter x Tekken (2/28)
- Dragon's Dogma (5/22)
-
Devil May Cry HD Collection (4/3)
- Borderlands 2 (9/1)

(I will most likely get Dragon's Dogma on release day)

If everything goes well for me this year, I should have a job and I can buy any game(s) I want.

That's all I have for now. I will most likely update this as the year goes on.

Last edited:
Well such a thread in fact already exists. :wacky:
http://finalfantasyforums.net/showthread.php?t=51035

Well if my wanted games actually release this year.

The Last Guardian
Final Fantasy X HD
The Last Of Us.
Resident Evil 6
Zone Of The Enders HD collection
Dragon's Dogma

Maybe more eventually :hmmm:

Oh yeah this one as well: - Jax & Daxter HD Collection (2/7)
& Silent Hill: Downpour.

Well I researched and no results came up. :mokken: Unless my computer lagged and showed me no results. Whatever the case, what's done is done.

I'll let a mod get off his/her chair and merge them together :griin:

Gingerbread Man, could this be stickied and the 2011 thread unstickied?

PS3
Shadow of the Colossus/Ico HD Collection
MGS HD collection
RE6 to play with Ellie
RE Raccoon City

I'll add more later

Gingerbread edit:
-Thread stickied-

Last edited by a moderator:
:hmmm: I am not really looking forward to too much this year.
The only game I can think of that I really want is probably Resident Evil 6. I loved the co-op in 5 so much so I am very excited to find out that 6 will also be co-op :inlove:

Currently I'm looking forward to getting:

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty (I just need the money...used most of my savings on TAFE tuition fees and books)
Phantasy Star Online 2

It's a shame that I won't be able to get Syndicate since it's being given a Refused Classification here in Australia. (Dammit ACB!, hurry up and come out with the R18+ classification for videos!.

Well such a thread in fact already exists. :wacky:
http://finalfantasyforums.net/showthread.php?t=51035

Well if my wanted games actually release this year.

The Last Guardian
Final Fantasy X HD
The Last Of Us.
Resident Evil 6
Zone Of The Enders HD collection
Dragon's Dogma

Maybe more eventually :hmmm:

Oh yeah this one as well: - Jax & Daxter HD Collection (2/7)
& Silent Hill: Downpour.

Max Payne 3
Ghost Recon future soldier
(maybe) Ghost Warrior 2 sniper
(maybe) RE Operation Raccoon City

This is my current 2012 wish list at the moment. I will update this list when I find more interesting games.

-Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
-Diablo 3
-Resident Evil 6

• Assassin's Creed III
  • Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
  • Resident Evil 6?
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Bioshock Infinite :-)kira:)

PS3:

- Ni no Kuni
- Tales of Graces f :-)ohoho:)
- Final Fantasy X HD
- The Last of Us
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
- Shadow of the Colossus and Ico Collection
- Tomb Raider
- Final Fantasy XIII-2
- Jak and Daxter HD Collection :grin:
- Darksiders 2 (need to go beat the first soon :hmmm:)

PC:

- Borderlands 2
- Mass Effect 3
- Bioshock Infinite
- Half-Life 3

Same stuff minus Mass Effect 3 and Tales of Graces f plus Assassin's Creed III and a 3DS.

3DS:

- Super Mario 3D Land
- Kingdom Hearts 3D
- Tales of the Abyss 3D
- Mario Kart 7
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DS:

- Pokemon White 2

It's time to drastically reconstruct my list:

PS3

+ The Mass Effect games. I will have time to finally sit down and play something this summer, despite how shit my little TV is. And I'm not that bothered about the woeful ME3 ending. As far as I'm concerned, that doesn't suddenly make the rest of the game(s) crap, contrary to what a bunch of frothing Metacritic users and Amazon user reviewers are whinging about.

+ Tomb Raider.

+ Assassin's Creed Revelations. Desmond sections will probably put me to sleep though, and I'm hoping to track down one of the earlier print copies of the game to get the first Ass Creed game with it.

+ Assassin's Creed 3.

+ Borderlands 2. That art design is simply to die for. <3

PC

+ Legend of Grimrock. A surprise hit for me so far from what I've played of it on a friend's machine. The combat system seems easily exploitable with hit and run tactics, but otherwise it's a very solid, traditional dungeon crawler that does little to hold your hand and just thrusts you into an environment of monsters and puzzles.

----------

Games I may buy if I were drugged/driven psychotically insane:

- Hyperdimension Neptuna Mk. 2 [PS3]

- a Japanese copy of Even in a Game, Listen to Me, Girls, I'm your Father! [PSP]

- Final Fantasy XIII-2 [PS3]

- Final Fantasy XIV [PC]

- Pokémon Black and White 2 [DS]

- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City [PS3]

- Nintendogs + Cats [3DS]

Back