Games everyone loves, except for you

Rydia

Throwing rocks at emo kids
Veteran
Gil
The games that everyone raves endlessly about. However, you tried the game, and didn't particularly care for it.

Oblivion: It's alright. I just find it tedius at times and a little too open. I complain about games being too linear but this one has the opposite problem. It's too open. I'd like there to be a little more story especially towards the begining. And yes there is story, I would just like the game to be more story focused. Also, a lot of the NPCs are just boring.

I know I'm going to make someone mad but...

Castlevania, Symphony of the night. I've tried the game several times and could not get into it. I don't know, it just really did not appeal to me. I'm not saying it's bad, just not something I liked.

Halo!! I hate the crap out of this game, so boring and the same each time but everyone loves it!!

CoD: I used to like it but now its overrated to me :( I can't get into it anymore and have learnt to dislike it.

FFVIII, can't stand it, its boring, I really do not like the characters! Not my cup of tea...

thats all I can think of for now haha will post more later if I can think of them :D <3

I tried CoD:MW2 at my cousin's. 5 minutes into it I throw the controller back to my cousin and just watched him play.

I also gave Dark Cloud about a few hours before I got fed up with it. I'm not into building towns >_>

I half wanna say Assassin's Creed, but I honestly didn't play it much after the tutorial (although the annoyance of having a tube t.v. to play PS3 games did make itself known with all the tiny font -__-), so I may end up liking it.

If there's one game that everyone keeps talking about, it's Fallout NV. Still.

It's too fucking slow, and the game does a bad job at a sandbox attempt. - If anyone should get a sandbox game, it should be Borderlands, or GTA4.

Ohoho, here we go.

Call of Duty - Mindless hype. The old Medal of Honour games were so much better.
Halo - Ergh, it's boring. The storyline is lacklustre at best and, whilst the multiplayer is fun, it's not THAT fun. It's a less creative version of Warhammer in video-game format.
Final Fantasy VII - Honestly, I see this one as pretty mediocre, when compared to VI and VIII. Its the crap one caught between two good ones. I doubt I will ever understand why people find it so appealing.
Final Fantasy IX - Same as above, only even worse. I could slog my way through XIII. I can't say the same for IX. That should tell you something about my regard for it, considering what I think of XIII.
Lost Odyssey - Undoubtedly the most powerfully boring RPG in existance. This game just does not agree with me.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I am so sick of this game. Everyone treats it as though it were the best game ever created, even now. It has long since been surpassed, and people (Nintendo included) bringing it up constantly drives me mad. I HATE this game.
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - I don't think I have ever been so bored in all my life. Why do people like this game? Morrowind was incredible. Oblivion was shit.

Everyone I know loves black ops, but tbh imo its a hit and miss game.
I do like some of the games features such as the gun game and the new zombies, but other than that I found the story repetitive, as with the other CoD series.

.FTR.

Devil May Cry Series: This game BORES the hell out of me. I tried so much to try and get into this game, but fails very early in the game. The cutscenes arent' bad, I actually like them, but the way the gameplay is totally sucks.

CoD~Sorry there are people out there who dont like the game. Why? Because im not a fan of that particular genre.I realy wish the people who know me would stop telling me to play it IMO it sucks and no I dont enjoy playing it.

WOW~Yes believe it or not. I tried it once and felt my money would be better spent elsewhere. I just dont like it im not totally shure why but im going to give the reason thet its just not pretty enough for me~im fickle

Little Big Planet~I dont care how many people love it I dont. I think its more or less a good game for people who arent used to playing vidiogames,as those are the friends who tell me to play the damn game,and yes I tried it and no I dont like it A) Not Pretty B) Its boring to me Theres realy nothing I find interesting about it

Practically any first person shooter set in either the Second World War or any other historical war in the 20th century. I've played a bit of COD and Medal of Honor and while there were moments that I initially did genuinely enjoy, I quickly grew tired of this kind of sub-genre, particularly as developers decide to throw in some realism to make things seem more and more of a war simulation nowadays. That is not my thing at all. I do like some shooters mind, though usually when they're either sci-fi shooters or just completely over the top, as in completely reject realism and focus on making the gameplay actually fun.

Also, GTA. I don't really understand all the praises for them now. I did like a bit of Vice City, but that's pretty much it for me. The initial fun of exploring a new open world quickly wanes for me and deciding to tackle the missions does little to keep me interested, and particularly in San Andreas where failing in one bit can mean going all the way back to restart it. I may borrow a copy of future GTA games from someone to mess around in the future, but I wouldn't really buy them anymore now.

Final Fantasy X

THIS IS A POST COUNT SECTION. PLEASE PUT A LITTLE MORE EFFORT INTO YOUR POSTS IN THE FUTURE, OTHERWISE THEY WILL BE DELETED. THANKS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomb Raider series: For some reason they were the only type of games that I could never get into I have tried to play most of them but I got really bored all the time trying to to find out were to go or I spent most of my time looking for a key so I could go to the next area. I never could see the good side to these games I just found them to be really long, boring and nothing exciting about them

Also, GTA. I don't really understand all the praises for them now. I did like a bit of Vice City, but that's pretty much it for me. The initial fun of exploring a new open world quickly wanes for me and deciding to tackle the missions does little to keep me interested, and particularly in San Andreas where failing in one bit can mean going all the way back to restart it. I may borrow a copy of future GTA games from someone to mess around in the future, but I wouldn't really buy them anymore now.

I find GTA's games, GTAIV in particular a bag of wank. So this would be mine too. They just bore me to tears, you can get a slight kick out of just running around killing people but the novelty wears off very quickly, neither have I been a fan of any of the stories nor the characters involved. They just bore the hell out of me.

Final Fantasy VII

It's boring, the translation is subpar, the graphics are horrendous, the story is more holey than me, it's just a recipe for disaster. Cloud's an annoying main character, he gets on my nerves the whole game. The only good character is Aerith and we all know what happens to her.

But seriously, I wasn't going to play Crisis Core because it was associated with this game and people went on about how it didn't live up to the "legend". It surpassed the legend. Zack is a much more rounded character than Cloud, and even Cloud was better in it.

Yeah, I went there. :mokken:

The entire Halo series.

I think it's the most overrated game EVER.
And Master Chief is really overhyped. I even beheded someone's MChief doll becauseit kept looking at me...

But what my friend said was true

''If you hate Halo so much, you'll be looking towards the Third World for friends''
And it's true, I despise Halo with an absoloute passion...I swear to you. Nobody hates it more than me, I nearly refused to get a XBOX when i heard Halo 3 was coming out, then there was O.D.S.T then Reach...ughggghhhhh.

Grand Theft Auto bores me to hell. It is a game I really do not like but mostly everyone loves. Honestly Just Cause 2 is so much better. It is the same style but everything is open. Ah when I first tried grand theft auto III on the original Xbox.. god I hated it so much. It bored me and whenever I tried going through the story/messing round I just switched the fucking game off. I did try Vice cit as well cause people were talking about it but.. that did not agree with me after awhile. Grand Theft Auto.. Iv.. now this one I tried over at my cousins once. Honestly this shit is so repetitive I can not take IT!. That gae I played for like 10 mins and then I said "Oh this is boring let us play something else". Just cause 2 is the better choice for me :ryan:.

The legend of Zelda series, people say that it's one of the best games ever but it just bores the hell out of me. It hardly tells you what to do, and if you head into the wrong dungeon your doomed. I also don't see what's the big deal about Super Mario bros either, you just jump over bridges and collect mushrooms, uhm. Wow ? Not huge on Final Fantasy X either. The characters annoy me, and the storyline just isn't as good as some of the other FF games, and Seymour ! That creepy Yuna stalker guy !!:gonk:

Final Fantasy VII - I've already gone into why I don't like game quite a number of times on this site, so I'm just gonna list it.

The Halo series - I don't as much dislike these games as much as I find them to be unbearably overrated. I don't like alien invasion stories. And I could never enjoy the game because I can't ever get a hold on the controls. They just feel sluggish to me. Not to mention that I found multi-player mode to be irritating on all of the games except Halo 3.

God of War (the first one) - A 10 - 15 hour long game with only THREE boss battles and one side weapon that sucks beyond belief, along with idiotic characters and a story line that only works because of how fucking stupid the characters are. Yep, truly a masterpiece of gaming. I like the rest of the series, but this one was bad.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Boring characters, a story line that was so bland I don't remember anything about it, 3D graphics overlapping 2D graphics which is almost never done properly and this game don't do it right, and really irritating controls. And it's small but the way Alucard runs in this game really bothered me. It's like he was trying to be a train or something, they was he did that little circular motion with his arms.

Halo - I never even liked the many trailers and videos I saw, and when I finally played it at my friends house I was right, I never could get into the mapping,the pacing, I played it for about 15 minutes and wasn't really excited about the thing. I watched my friend play it alittle while and I still didnt like it, just a boring game to me. Halo is the only game I personally hate, alot of the other games I just dont really care for cant think of too many games i played that I hated besdies this one.

Mass effect series - I seriously can not stand the story/characters/ gameplay or anything about this game. I thought it was going be this good game like dragon age only space and guns, nothing close. Story got sloppy, characters weren't like able.

Dragon Age 2 - I thought the first dragon age was amazing, then I play this game and I feel like I sequels just don't work anymore. The game is blocky at best, the fighting was dummy down by a lot from the first one, the story is so boring, and your basically in 3 areas for the whole game and don't even really see anything new from the first one.

My God, so many. I guess I'll just stick to the important ones.

Final Fantasy VII: Honestly? FF7 is actually one of the more mediocre FFs that only gets so much fuss because it was the first 3d one and because it had a villain who was too caught up in looking hip for people to realize he's a shallow dork. None of the other characters, except maybe Cid, have any real personality that could make me give a shit about them. And the setting/world? Bo~ring! Especially if you compare it to the much more interesting VI, VIII and IX. And yet people still wish cancer on my ovaries when I say I prefer them over their precious dead horse beaten to a smear on the floor. Oh and Aerith's death scene? It makes me laugh.

God of War series: My God, I could get nominated for a fucking sainthood on account of my patience with everyone concerning this game. I don't get what everyone sees in it. It's a game that ripped off DMC's play-style and regurgitated the retarded ideas and interpretations the western world applies to my country's mythology because their brains are too narrow to get what everything means. The gameplay is repetitive, the story is lame, there is no such thing as a character in the ENTIRE series and the game expects me to sympathize with caricatures. All 3 games had me bored in under 5 minutes.

Resident Evil 5: It's the RE game that never should've been made, okay? It took everything 4 got right and smothered it in a lake of stupid and shit. And yet, surprise, surprise, everyone abso-frickin'-lutely loves this game and I'm the bad guy for thinking 4 was way more fun! Because yeah, limiting my inventory to 9 spots is sooooo much better than having a more convenient space so I can focus on HAVING FUN rather than fretting over my shit and not being able to get my gun because there's a fucking chainsaw freak on me. Screw you all, RE5 fantards.

Bayonetta: Yeah, like it's not enough that this game is completely stupid on so many levels, it has to take the situation of women in games and make it worse. This game is 99% pandering and only 1% ACTUAL GAME. Fuck this game, and fuck everybody who likes it, even my close friends. I'm sick and tired of your efforts to make it seem deeper than it really is, because it just isn't. It's T&A ripping off DMC (in a worse way than GoW) with more T&A and a side of horrifying anatomy. I'm honestly believing that the developers of this game have never, ever seen a real woman in their entire lives. AND SUPERMODELS DO NOT COUNT.

Heavenly Sword & Enslaved: Two for the price of one, because Ninja Theory just can't develop more than one game! They do the same things over and over. Horrible aesthetics, horrible characters and dialogue that tries so...so very hard to be taken seriously that it just falls on its ass. HS had probably the worse character design of the two, that reminded me so much of the B-movies of the 70s and 80s... all the BAD ones, that is. Nariko makes me feel absolutely nothing and that...cat thingy that was the second playable character... actually you know what? NOBODY in either of those games brings up any feeling in me. They're all boring, cardboard characters with shitty voice actors trying to make themselves seem interesting, and they fail. HS has a terrible gameplay too that feels more like a dying squid flailing around than control.

Back