Game series

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mog's Tent
We all know about Game series...

What are some Game series you think should come back (meaning they havn't had anything new since PS1...maybe 2 or earlier...

What are some game series that you think are going down hill?

What game series do you think are the worst?

their seriously need to make a new kingdom hearts game.... the sequls, prequls etc are starting to get really boring for me now :hmph: bring out number three already XD

also pokemon stadium.. that game was awesome man there better be a new one orr i might have to go crazy XD

New Legacy of Kain. I tear up every month when I see that there's no news of a possible sequel. Also, it'd be nice if they made more Zone of the Enders games. They weren't perfect but the were interesting enough that I think that the series deserves to go on.

I think Onimusha & Zone of Enders series should come back.

COD is going downhill because it is in no way innovative.

Halo series should die already....

I think Onimusha & Zone of Enders series should come back.

COD is going downhill because it is in no way innovative.

Halo series should die already....

COD should be added to the death list... that games series is just starting to get well boring now XD... that should be added to the dead list already :hmph:

Also, it'd be nice if they made more Zone of the Enders games. They weren't perfect but the were interesting enough that I think that the series deserves to go on.
Ohri-Jin said:
...Zone of Enders series should come back.
This, though not just because I like the games. A small but vocal sect of the ZoE fanbase adamantly attacks all other mech series, notably Armored Core (and Gundam). A new game would not only be a joy for all ZoE fans but would FINALLY shut up the fanboys who feel the need to downplay other mecha games to prove how much 'better' ZoE is. This is a non-issue in comparison with the flame wars of the FPS genre, but within the mecha community it's a bit aggravating to read updates about Armored Core and then see comments like 'DERP ZOE IS BETTER HURR'.

On that note, I'd also like the Mech Warrior series to come back, not just because I like the slow, bulky feel of those games, but it would also shut up the (again) small, but vocal sect of Battletech fans who feel the need to take shits on eastern-style mech games because they're 'too fast and don't feel like mechs'.

Alrighty, rant over.

I would really like to see a modern reboot of Actraiser(SNES). Bring this game series back and continue it dammit! Out of any game ever made, Actraiser is one I would like to see resurrected and continued.

Actraiser (THE FIRST ONE) - I loved that you practically played GOD. I'd love to see a complete remake of this on the 3DS, because it seems like a perfect fit

Final Fight - Anyone remember this game? The good old side-scrolling fighting game. I don't know why, but both characters reminded me of Zack and Slater from Saved by the Bell

Dark Cloud 1 & 2 - A PS2 classic. Simply one of the best RPG's I've played on the console. I loved how you were able to create a town and how it would effect the game

Dark Cloud 1 & 2 - A PS2 classic. Simply one of the best RPG's I've played on the console. I loved how you were able to create a town and how it would effect the game

This. I want a new Dark Cloud Game :gasp:

I think another Amnesia game would be very cool. Like, a prequel? I just really liked that story (well it was so scary that I hated it but I still loved it) and I know then it wouldn't be called Amnesia haha, but I want a prequel. Even thought that destroys many points of the game. I just want a prequel. In fact it would be a whole new story :hmmm:

New Star Ocean and Grandia please :gasp:

Devil May Cry ._.

It's been going downhill for a while; it all really started with DMC2, because Crapcom just couldn't treat it as anything other than a fast cash-in and kicked it out the door. Just when we thought they'd gotten their act together with DMC3, they go and fuck up again in DMC4 by introducing a mary-sue twerp that nobody with a brain cares about.

And now they've gone and let Ninja Theory, of all developers, in the fray. I'd say that NT involvement alone warrants something BEYOND 'going down hill' and in fact settles the series in the very bottom of a crevasse of lost causes.

But I want another Persona. I loved Persona 4. I want another one. But only if they keep it an ACTUAL RPG and not go the way FF13 went and cock shit up...

Dark Cloud/Chronicle was so very boring, just room after room of the exact same thing

All of the games I really like seem to have continuations and new incarnations, I would like a new Abe's Odyssey though

This. I want a new Dark Cloud Game :gasp:

Just a fwi there is a Dark Cloud 3 in the making (y)

And as far as it goes for me. I much wanna see a New Chrono Game come out, that and a new Shining Force series game.

I think A series that is going meet its end soon if they keep releasing games every year is the CoD series, it will go the way of Medal of Honor and Halo...

A series that Really should Die or needs a MAJOR UPGRADE even though I like it very much is the Dynasty Warriors series... It's Almost like CoD a new game with a few added things to it.

SHADOW HEARTS
Here's hoping that Sacnoth creates another Shadow Hearts game, or something similar. I was actually shopping around at my local Game Stops the other day trying to find the first Shadow Hearts. I guess I'll have to get it on ebay. It's $30 everywhere anyhow. :hmm:

Koudelka had pretty bad reception; in the U.S. at least. Most people don't seem to have heard of the game. It was a bad rip off of Resident Evil, but the following sequels (SH1 and 2) were positively phenomenal. Of course Shadow Hearts 3 was a horrific failure and in lieu of the fact, I'm sure the series might never make a come back. :omg:

BREATH OF FIRE
BOF is one of those fundamental must-haves for your RPG collection. It was a really great and innovative addition to the RPG universe, even back in the olden days when RPGs were still half-way indestinguishable 8-bit lego-art with a limited storage space for deeply involved dialogue.

STAR OCEAN
Are my selections becoming cliche now? The first two installments were legendary and iconic; absolute essentials for the RPG nerd. I don't have any positive or negative remarks about S03 because it only exists and doesn't have any extreme influence on the series. Albeit, the voice acting in SO4 was so abhorrent that I had to switch to the Japanese dialogue and deal with the horrendously small subtitles, it did incorporate all of the original ideas that made the series great to begin with. I love all of the small details in these games; cooking, crafting, composing...hidden dungeons (a personal favorite)!
I know that SO4 is a fairly recent installment, but the news thus far is that the series has ended. :worried:

LEGEND OF LEGAIA
This series was relatively short-lived. The first game was my introduction to RPGs and the PS1 platform, so it has a special place in my heart. ^_^
It had a different battle system compared to other RPG games at the time and the overall theme of the game was entertaining. Add sidequests, mini games and hidden Ra-Seru and you have yourself another golden essential.
The PS2 installment was slightly boring and IMO, may have bombed the entire concept. :fart:

I really want a third Drakengard game. It'll never happen now, since Cavia are gone, but I'd still love to see it. One that blends the disturbing insanity of the original with the much improved combat of the second. Asides Panzer Dragoon (which also really needs another instalment) Drakengard is the only series I've seen that actually gets air-based dragon combat right. I suppose you could say that NieR was Drakengard 3, but since that carried on from the non-canon Ending D, I wouldn't say so.

I think we're long overdue another Final Fantasy Tactics game, as well. With all the crap they've been releasing, I think it's about time that Square Enix made something that was actually worth playing.

A third Baten Kaitos game would light up my life, as well. I never got to play the second, but the original was fantastic, and rumours of the DS game ended up going nowhere. Baten Kaitos was a good example of a niche RPG, and we don't get enough of those anymore. I'd like to see Lost Kingdoms make a comeback, as well. They were average games at best, but they were fairly well done.

Gauntlet, as well. God, we NEED another Gauntlet game! In a market filled with crappy plagiaristic rip-offs of this franchise, there has GOT to be room for this. I really enjoyed Dark Legacy on the Gamecube/PS2, and I'd love to see something on the PS3. Martel needs new Gauntlet badly!

Medievil, also. Medievil is from that PS1 platforming era, and got left behind whilst crap like Spyro was carried on. Medievil was charming and funny, and also quite tricky at points. It deviated from the standard anthropomorphic cutesy animal main character (although Croc deserves a comeback as well) to deliver something a little different. Medievil 3 now, please.

I'm wondering why there hasn't been another Legacy of Kain game, as well. Whilst the premise is painfully unoriginal, the story is actually pretty damn good, and the gameplay has always been fun, although I'm more fond of the games where you play as Kain than I am of those in which you play as Raziel. For all its flaws, Blood Omen 2 was pretty fun. Kain also remains one of the best voice-acted game characters to date. Next instalment, please.

Game series that are going downhill...well, asides from Final Fantasy, which is now so far downhill it's bloody subterranean, The Legend of Zelda springs to mind. All we've had are rehashes of Ocarina of Time, over and over, which was itself a 3D rehash of A Link To The Past. The series is going nowhere. Similarly, Pokemon isn't getting any better, because the games haven't changed in the slightest since the first generation. I think it's time for Nintendo to stop taking this "it isn't broken, so we're not going to fix it" approach to their main series.

Golden Sun has gone downhill, as well. Dark Dawn was atrocious. The inevitable sequel has a hell of a lot to make up for. After Dark Dawn, I'm hesitant to wish for continuations of my favourite franchises, in case they turn out like that. Other M makes the future of Metroid look bleak, as well. If we see another Metroid game like Other M, I am never touching the series again, ever.

The only game series I can think of that I'd like more games made for that isn't already getting them is BUST 'A' GROOVE.
I loved bust a groove 1 so much, it was so much fun, 2 they kind of ruined but I'd love to see a 3rd made in HD for the PS3 to redeem the series! The music is so catchy and it's actually a really hard game :| I finished it as a kid but when I bought the game again and retried it I just could not get the hang of it haha, I'm an old fuddy duddy :(

Last edited:
Just a fwi there is a Dark Cloud 3 in the making (y)

LINK PLEASE!!

Golden Sun

I want a Golden Sun 3DS NOW. I remember my friend buying this game, and showing it to me. I asked if I can borrow it after he was done, and man I had a lot of fun with it. The graphics impessed me a lot, given that it was an old game

Mana Series

Dawn on Mana was not the best Mana game, I did beat it, but the replayability for me was low. Seeing a new Mana game on PS3, or even Wii U would be an automatic buy from me

Last edited:
I really want to see another Xenosage game, I really loved all the episodes except for 2, so Im hoping someday they work on making a number 4. Its a great series and its the third "different kind of rpg Iver played. Since along time ago FF was the only thing I knew, the tales games was my second new step into a different kind of rpg, and Xenosaga was the third one. I think it would be a great move if they decide to make another one.

I think Devil May Cry is finally going to die after they release 5, Personally 3 was the best and as much as I liked 4 none of them beat 3, which is why I was glad MVC 3 had the DMC 3 version. but seriously 5 is just gonna kill the series for me. I dont need to play it since everything they showed about the game completly told me everything I wanted to know, and dont think I wanna waste money renting it.when they made DMC 4 they took a huge step in did things differently whicvh worked well. Once again their trying to do more stuff differently and its not looking good. The overall look of Dante to the new style of music too has a really big influence on me. The only thing I would like is what they did with the new actions gameplay wise. Everything is looking to be trash, but thats just me.

I see the tales series staying strong, just about every tales games I play either gets better or stays the same. The thing about the tales games is they really know how to stick to their traditional style when they make their games which is the reason we all love them in the first place. I dont really see the series going downhill since I dont see them ever making a bad game.

Lastly Final Fantasy which everyone thinks is going downhill because of FFXIII, since Im sure the argument has been discussed I wont talk about that. Ill just say I dont feel the series going downhill, I agree that Square eni is really making alot of bad decisions, but as far as FF goes, their just trying something different and I think it worked well.just like FFXIII is very different so is versus. However I cant say how I feel on FFXIII - 2 yet but I will say so far im half and half, alot I like about it but theirs so much that really makes me wanna throw up and die, so ill wait and see.

I can think of a few series that I'd like to see make a comeback. For one, the F-Zero series, which has been dormant for the best part of the last decade, though it's hard to imagine why, the series didn't really ever have a single bad release, and like most Nintendo franchises it could be sold today just based on the popularity of Smash Bros if nothing else. The SaGa series would be welcomed back too, I miss playing SaGa Frontier 2. Sure there is a new game that has just been announced, but it won't likely be released outside Japan, so as far as the Western world is concerned the series will still be dead. Speaking of old JRPGs, they should bring back the Phantasy Star series too, by which I mean the original series, not the Online/Universe/Portable spin-offs. Oh, and Ristar, not that it was ever a series, but they should still make a new Ristar game :D

For series that have gone down hill, Call of Duty comes to mind, as a lot of other have pointed out. The turning point in my opinion was when they started making up ridiculous story premises and settings rather than keeping the games historically driven. Black Ops does not count as historic. Metroid went a little bit downhill, but only really due to 1 release, no reson yet to think it will sink further. Soul Calibur was also spoiled a little bit, hopefully SCV will remedy that.

Finally, Halo did not get worse, purely because it was never any good to begin with. Also, I really don't like the main Sims series, though my sister loves them and is always playing them, which might have contributed to my dislike of the series.

I want Tokyo Xtreme Racer to come back :(

For what game series have gone downhill...

Zelda (Since WW)
Silent Hill (Since Team Silent no longer were involved)

The one series I think should come back is the F-Zero series, Nintendo has not released a single F-Zero game since 2004. F-Zero was a classic, F-Zero X was an amazing game, but F-Zero GX blew my expectations away. The series is dormant and it is time that Nintendo develops one for the upcoming Wii U.

As for games series that have gone down hill, one of them is definitely the Call of Duty serie. The developers keep rehashing the same content in every game they release. There is no innovation in these games, DLC is overpriced, and each game gets worse and worse.

Back