First video game

I played Sonic 2 on my brother's Mega Drive, and shortly afterwards, I was bought a Master System for Christmas, with Sonic 1 and 2, among others. So Sonic 1 for the Master System was the first game of my own that I played. I was about 4 or 5, I think.

My brother had a couple of other games I used to potter about on though; Jungle Strike, Fatal Fury and Streets of Rage/Golden Axe/Shinobi.

first game was pokemon red. i was a huge pokemon fan at the time and had to play the game. ahhh.....nostalgia:) getting the first badge, training the first pokemon, it was fun

I'm really not sure. I began gaming when I was 2, probably something on the old nes or commodore. But the earliest game I remember playing would have to be......Sonic the Hedgehog on Gamegear.

The first game of mine was Sonic the Hedgehog for the SegaMega Drive I think.

For it was Super Mario All Stars
For the gameboy it was Pokemon Red
For the Playstation 1 it was a collection including

Resident Evil
Spyro the Dragon
Vampire Hunter D

For the N64 it was Mario Cart Racing

All those memories

Last edited:
The first game I played was The Legend of Zelda, on the NES. Needless to say, I was hooked, Zelda became my favorite series, and I stuck around as a gamer.

My first system was Sega Genesis.

My first game on Genesis: Uncharted Waters: New Horizons (one of my fav games of all)

My first game on PC: Quest for Glory V (excellent)

My first game on GameBoy: Mario and the Six Golden Coins

My first N64 game: Pokemon Stadium

My first GBA game: Pokemon Ruby

My first PS1 game: Final Fantasy VIII

My first game on PS2: Smuggler's Run

My first PS3 game: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (I think)

My first 360 game: Gears of War

My first PSP game: Daxter

My first games were Sonic The Hedgehog and Mortal Combat, lol.

I'm sure my first video game was some sort of baby game, although the earliest game I remember playing was I believe Mario Kart 64 for the Nintendo 64.

I'm not that old.

Last edited:
My first REAL game was Zelda: Orcarina Of Time
I played a bunch of other games when I was younger, but I don't remember them from my Atari lol

I could probably work it out properly, based on release dates, but it'd spoil the magic in my mind if I found out the true "first" game.

It was one of the following:

Starcraft (made by the creators of Warcraft). It's essentially Warcraft in Space (despite and in-game joke) and involves a lot of fighting between 3 races on varying terrain in the form of armies, where you control that army and find strategies to come out on top. I was surprisingly good at it, for a 7 year-old!

Final Fantasy VII. One of the earliest memories I have involves running through the Slums and being caught for HOURS trying to find a way in to that bloody park...the bridge was well-disguised!

Vagrant Story. I don't remember anything about it but I do remember it being turned on around the same time as VII, at a friend's house.

Total Annihilation and Command & Conquer also ring a bell, as well as Spyro and Crash, the old classics.

I actually do think that the first video game involved shooting ducks on the television screen with that fucking GUN that never shot where i wanted it to. :wacky:

My first video game was Super Mario Bros. for Nintendo Entertainment System.

You guys have no idea how old I feel right now. haha Granted that I'm not as old as some of you.... I grew up on the Atari. My grandma still has it along with about 50 games my cousins and I would play.

The next system that I remember was the SNES. I don't remember which game came first though we only have 4. Star Wars, Zelda a Link to the Past, Gaia, and another that I just drew a blank on.

Up until the 2006 I had never played anything other than the Atari or the SNES. My cousin ended up giving me his PS1. My best friend knew that I loved fantasy books so she told me that I needed to play this game called FFIX. (all her other ps1 FF games were loaned out) So I tried it and I fell in love with it!

my first game was one of the sonic games on the sega megadrive.

I was honestly two years old and I used to sit in my bedroom playing through the first level and then as soon as I went past the little metal spinny post thing and the face changed to eggman/robotnik; he would come down and I would freak out, cry and run downstairs.
I'd do that so many times every day.

The first video game that i can remember was on the Super Nintendo. I loved it so much because it was based on my favorite show when i was a kid. Plus the game allowed me and my brother to come together for a universal cause, and it allowed us to bond. That awesome game that impacted my life forever, was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time.

I still remember my first game was Super Mario Bros. (the special edition with duck hunt and light gun included). I loved that game so much, and I was really pissed my sister took my nes and all the games to university and sold it.

I'm thinking it was either Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time. Either way I was a bit late to get into gaming, haha. But nowadays I feel as if it would be impossible to pull me out.

My first video game goes quite far back. I never played Atari but I know my parents did, I however grew up on Sega <3

My first game was Alex the kid then Sonic, Robocop and Phantasy Star.

I could most likely name all my first game for each console.

Computer wise it was Doom.
Sega Megadrive was Sonic 3
Sega Saturn was Guardian Heroes
Playstation was Spyro; Gateway to Glimmer
Playstation 2 was Dynasty Warriors 3
Xbox was Halo
Playstation 3 was Little Big Planet
360 was Halo III
PSP was Crisis Core
DS was Final Fantasy III
Gameboy Advance was Zoids
Nintendo 64 was Diddy Kong Racing
Dreamcast was Bluestinger.. or stinger or something ^_^

I miss the old school games though, especially Sonic that's a game they need to stop :ness:

One of the first games I got was Super Mario Kart for the SNES. When I got the console, I got like 14 games with it. The first game that I remember seeing at home was Command & Conquer, which is sitting on my desk collecting dust because it doesn't work anymore.

The first game i ever played was Final Fantasy 7 for the PSX. My cousin came to stay with me and my family when i was about 10 years old. He brought over his PSX and started playing final fantasy 7. I never played a videogame or had a system before this and i just fell in love with the game. I went out and got my parents to buy me a PSX and FF7 the week after he left (which was christmas)

Back