Final Fantasy Your Way

Victor-Falkeheim

Heir-Presumptive
Gil
A long time ago, I made up a thread just like this one. I mean, it was years ago, and it's since been lost to the archives. Anyway, I'm throwing a phoenix down on the idea.

What if you were in charge of designing the newest Final Fantasy game, to your preferences and specifications? What if you could make the perfect game for the series?
What kind of story would you tell?
What would the characters be like?
What would the world be like?
You could even go as far as saying what the game mechanics and graphics would be like.

Anything is game.

For anyone who's got an over-active imagination and/or has thought of this kind of stuff before, then this is the place to tell your tale.

I'll post my own creation later. I look forward to seeing your ideas!

My type of story woul be one concentrating more on the romance side than the save the world side. It would have a Cloud :cloud: like
character as the Hero and a Garnet/Dagger :garnet: character as the Heroine. I would also put in already set couple to show the audience what

is in store for the two lovebirds Like Fran and Balthier are in FF12. If any more insperation strikes me you,ll haer.

If I could have Final Fantasy my way, I would make it a continuation of Final Fantasy 2. After the soul of rebirth thing happened, the light emperor of palamecia somehow came back and raised worse hell.
now 4 girls (Maria, Leila, Hilda and a kunochi named Jayne) find Firion, team up with him, and set off on yet another adventure to bring light back to Fynn.

Hey! Pretty interesting. I haven't played FF2 much, but I love sequel ideas.
Just don't ask me to post mine--it is most definitely fanboyish!

Anyway, this is one of my stories. I haven't had years to work on the concept (or more like ruminate on it off and on), so I think it's perfect for posting.

(note: edited because I disliked the original idea I had posted)
Title: Final Fantasy Colonizations

The Story: 100 years ago, a gigantic meteor fell on the Salfreize Continent of Planet Terra, forcing a complete evacuation of the entire continent. Now a century later, with the help of Terra's Summoner people and a machinist-backed reconstruction effort, the descendants of the Salfreize expatriates are finally able to return home. Difficulties and dangers, however, still remain; ever since the Meteorfall, vicious beasts known only as Monsters have been arising from Terra's previously harmless Mist. Once only a problem for the Salfreize Continent, the Monsters have now spread all over Terra.

Among the refugees returning to Salfreize is a young Monster Hunter by the name of Victor. The last descendant of a Salfreizean royal, Victor has returned to his forefather's homeland to help protect the normal civilians who are spilling into the continent and to find work. What Victor finds is trouble as he's pulled into the Summoner Tribe's investigation of the Salfreize Meteor and the origin behind the Monsters threatening Terra. Despite the chaotic appearance of their attacks, the Monsters seem to be moving in a purposeful manner. Along the way, Victor comes to unravel the history of Terra, and from there learns about what happens when planets come close to death.

Characters (at least the main three)
Victor Lorenz Falkeheim--Age: 23--Hunter Class: Sorceror Monk (spell-casting martial artist)
A Class B Monster Hunter hailing from the Continent of Magdala, Victor travels to Salfreize in order to help ease the mass emigration of people into the continent. The last descendant of the royal family of Ragnaval, a country that once sat in western Salfreize, Victor dislikes being a "noble," believing that it means nothing in light of the fact that most refugee communities now function as republics.

Victor lost most of his family to a massive Monster attack, which lead him to focus primarily on training his fighting skills so he could become a Class A Monster Hunter. His only surviving family includes his Uncle Rainer and twin cousins, Markus and Monica.

A shy person at heart, Victor nonetheless has a kind heart, and can appear cool at random times, though these periods are often overshadowed by his subsequent social awkwardness. Victor has short, black hair, green eyes, and a strong build hidden underneath baggy clothes and robes. Gamewise, he's one of the faster fighters, though his physical and magical strengths are mid-range.

Graeme (Gray) Nathaniel Munro--Age: 20--Hunter Class: Summoner
A young Summoner that Victor meets while hunting a Rafflesian that's been terrorizing a local town, Gray works with his grandfather in the Summmoner enclave of Dundalga, studying Mist Monsters and Wildlife, native Terran creatures that have been mutated by the Mist. Victor proves to be Gray's first truly close friend, because while the sunny Summoner has a lot of friends, he's not very close to many of them. Gray can often be found in the company of two of his Espers: Ifrit and Shiva.
Gray has dirty blond hair and blue eyes, is nearsighted (and thus wears glasses), and likes to wear knit caps.

Ariadne (Aria) Erza Franklin--Age: 20?--Hunter Class: Paladin
A friend of Gray's, Aria is a mystery to most people. She seems to be human, but many of the Summoners of Dundalga say that she has a great deal of Mist pouring out of her. Irregardless, Aria is a happy, energetic young woman who seems to have a flair for restlessness. In reality, she's a Child of the Planet, a being created by Terra to serve as one of its protectors. Ariadne herself is connected to the Wind Crystal, and becomes close to Victor when he becomes a Crystal Warrior for the Wind Crystal. Like Gray, she had dirty blond hair that has green highlights in it, which she wears partially braided in some places, and hazel eyes.

The Enemies
The Matron of Vertex--A mysterious woman with black hair and red eyes, the Matron of Vertex makes herself known soon after Victor and Co. defeat a berserk Beastmaster that has been threatening Salfreize. She mentions a few cryptic things before disappearing. In reality, the Matron is an Avatar, a physical manifestation, of a Gaia from the Planet Vertex. Like Terra had thousands of years ago, Vertex lost its previous home to an asteroid strike. Sadly, when Vertex arrived at a habitable planet, Terra had already arrived and colonized it. Unable to turn back, the Matron of Vertex decided to try and assimilate (absorb) the Gaia of Terra, crashing down on the center of the Salfreize continent in the form of a meteor.
The Vertex Gaia is responsible for both the appearance of the Monsters, and the hostile, mutating effects that have appeared in Terra's Mist.

Beastmasters--People who have the ability to summon and control hordes of monsters. Initially, the appear to be the saviors of Salfreize, holding back the Monsters while new towns are established. Soon enough, though, they are revealed to be Children (creations) of Vertex, and start attacking the population of Terra. Victor and Co. are forced to fight all 15 of them.

Soren--Not really an enemy, Soren is hostile towards Victor and Co. for some time after he meets them. Similar to the Matron of Vertex, he has red eyes. Soren eventually starts warming up to the party, though Ariadne still refuses to let him get close...until she pounces him herself weeks later. Thus begins the whilrwind romance between Ariadne and Soren, which turns into a Romeo and Juliet type of situation when Soren is revealed to be one of the first Children born from the alien Gaia, Vertex. And like Romeo, Soren eventually turns against his Mother, though he knows his very existence depends on the Vertex Gaia's continued survival.

Last edited:
I would have a game were you start out by choosing your race (except I'd have some better races than XI did)
my race list would prabably be something like:
Human, elf, Dwarf, Werewolf, Vampire, or moogle (old school for real)
then in the town you start in you must find the master of the job you want to do. (like if you wanted to be a knight you would go to the genal of the army, or if you wanted to be a smith find the town black smith.) so then once you've chosen a job you would train that job and as you level up you would choose an option to level up (Strength, Defense, Speed, Good, Bad) and then once you have gotten your job up to a certain level you would be able to evolve the job (like if you were a thief and you chose to level up speed you would become a ninja, and if you chose strength you would become a pirate)
a full list is available if anyone wants it.
each job would have its own special set of abilties and ways of fighting, its own set of weapons, ect., ect.

its a work in progress

I would make a game quite opposite to any RPG ever done. Why? Because you'd be playing the villain, trying to rule/destroy the world while the Hero and his companions try to stop you.

It wouldn't be a "Main" Final Fantasy game. It's name would be;

Final Fantasy: Darkness Within

I would make a game quite opposite to any RPG ever done. Why? Because you'd be playing the villain, trying to rule/destroy the world while the Hero and his companions try to stop you.

I like that idea :P

Now, would the villain be a master of magic, or use his massive physical strength in order to bring about his dark desires? Personally, I actually really like this idea--so much potential!
Anyway, I don't think any of the games we could come up with would be a part of the main series. At least mine aren't.

Last edited:
oh i would make a game with an idea from my book im writing slowly!!! it will be about a world a planet who passed thrue a black whole by accident and was teleported in another galaxy and there that planet saved the other planets from coalision because of her gravity and something, so there will be from the start of the game 4 planets surounding a dying star called Lin! so my characters will be from 4 different races from 4 different planets, but 4 more characters later on in the game.

in this game there won't be good or evil it will only be desicions, love, friendship, witch will make someone do good or bad things, so the main 'villain' or 'villains' will have wery good iner - self developed so u would really cry when they die or something, like main characters, everyone will have their desires and think that they are good on their own way, they won't look on their mistakes like they are mistakes but i good deed.

the theme is about stealing the souls of species by a crystal who has in its core a Lapis Lazuli fragment, constructed for stealing souls. the souls are transformed into energy, the energy is made for helping to stop the colision of the universes, cause from somwhere outside of our universe with all the star systems etc. there is a new universe coming and slowly destroying our own :P

a Summoner char is a Must!

and the graphics woud be probably like ff13 graphics, but the fighting system would be like ff12

Last edited:
Now, would the villain be a master of magic, or use his massive physical strength in order to bring about his dark desires? Personally, I actually really like this idea--so much potential!
Anyway, I don't think any of the games we could come up with would be a part of the main series. At least mine aren't.

Obviously for him to be the total to be the main character hed have to be both;)), but he would also have to portray a very human side with an interesting story and back story as to why he was the villain. Victim of circumstance unwilling to sacrifice himself for others, when he was villainized for things that were not his fault or he could have other darker motives obviously, but he would still need to express a human fallible side.

I actually had two ideas. One is a spinoff and the second is a crossover
I'll try to make it short, as people don't like reading long things :P
But I bet it'll be long (I am not good in writing short thing...), so I'll write only about the spinoff (even though I like the crossover more).
Maybe I'll post the crossover idea latter or something, because it really gonna be long.

Final Fantasy Dark Crystals

Introduction: A spinoff (and half crossover) game which happens after that the plot of each FF is finished. You control 4 characters which travel to different FF worlds.

Plot: Four people receive letters. The letters were identical:

" Dark Angel,
Your fate is about to change. The god of darkness Chaos has chosen you to become a "Dark Angel" and to complete an important task.
While this all may sound strange and vague, I am sure you'll understand more when we will meet face to face. Come to a bar named Phoenix in Vendara on Tuesday 12/6. Give the password "Namine" to the barman.

*Remember, the password is "Namine"!!!

From the Joker"

Even though at first they have doubts, they end up metting the Joker.
The Joker reveals that Chaos is trying to spread darkness across all worlds.
But people, which are called "Light Warriors" by the Joker, are interfering with this mission. The four people, which now have obtained the title "Dark Angels", are asked to travel to each one of those worlds. They have two objectives:

1) Place a Dark Crystal/s (as many as needed) in the Energy Source of each world (Energy Source various from world to world. In FFI is the altars of the Fiends, in FFVII is the Lifestream and etc)

2) If possible, kill the Light Warriors of each world. This is much harder to accomplich and thus optional

And so, the Dark Angels are being teleported to FFI world.
And after they complete it, they'll go to the next one and then to the next one (in numerical number: FFII, FFIII, FFIV and etc).

Gameplay: The gameplay changes according to the world.
It'll be similar to the gameplay of the original FF which is set in that world.
It means that there will be Materia system in FFVII's world, Junction system in FFVIII's world and etc. The same goes for battle system.
The characters start from level 1 in each world (or simply very weak in a FF without levels). It is because "One can be a hero in one world and to be loser in another" - Joker.

Graphics & Sountrack: The sountrack will be from the original FFs, with some additional original soundtracks (a theme for each character and such).
As for graphics, hopefully as good as FFXIII's :P . Doesn't change according to the world.

Characters:

Zero

Look: The mysterious intelligent type. Short black hair,a little pale face.
The cloths quite similar to Vincent's (FFVII) but are black colored and without the bandana (or whatever it is).

Class: Dark Mage - a mage who is using dark magic. Like Drain, Dark, Darkara, Darkarga, Death, Shinigami and etc

Weapon: None, magic user without a rod/staff.

Personality: While he isn't the antisocial type who doesn't care about others, he tend to not talk too much and usually stay sillent. That makes him look antisocial. He can stay calm and cool in almost every situtation, making him a great leader-type character.

Background story: He has amnesia, so he doesn't really remember who he is. He only remembers his name and that he is a Dark Mage.
Shortly after he awakes and finds out he has an amnesia, he recieves Joker's letter.

Motives: The stronger the Darkness, the stronger are the Dark Mages.
As simple as that.

Plot Spoilers:
Later, the party meet the Holy Angels. Four people sent by the god of holiness Metatron. Their objective is to kill the Dark Angels.
There Zero meets his other half. He learnes that he once tried to master both the Dark and Holy arts. That in order to gain the legendary power of a Silver Mage, a mage who mastered both Holy and Dark magic and can combine them into Silver Magic. But as he tried to combine Dark and Holy magics into one, he failed and suffered great damage. His soul and body were divided into two. One half had the Holy magic and Zero's memory, that one later became a Holy Angel. The other half is THE Zero, who has the Dark magic and intelligence.

Rena Fac'il

Look: Some kind of Selphie + Irvine (FFVIII). Selphie's look and Irvine's clothes.

Class: Summoner
Sub Class: Gunner

Weapon: Two pistols

Personality: Cheerful, funny and spoiled :). She likes to act like a little kid and doing funny stupid things. She likes animals a lot.

Background story: A summoner who travels around the world and turns abandoned animals into Espers. Thus, saving them from hard life.
After she trains the Espers and they reach a good level of usefulness, she sale them to other Summoners. Almost the same as collecting abandoned animals and finding them a master, but more effective as it is easier to find a master to an Esper

Motives: Animals and beast are strongly affected by darkness. If there is enough darkness, animals may change shape and become more similar to monsters. Rena knows she can't save all the animals in the world, and that humans will always make animals suffer. So she prefers that animals will become monsters, rather then seeing them suffering.

Terus Vid Merage

Look: Usually heavily armored (like the Judges in Ivalice) and it is impossible to see how he really looks like. When without his armor, he has a long dark-brown hair and green eyes. Quite similar to Seigfried from Soul Calibur series.

Class: Champion - A heavily armored knight with very strong defense.
It was called "Heavy Knight" once.

Weapon: Huge Sword

Personality: Quite antisocial and usually prefers to work alone. But he still can admit that in some cases, it is better to work as a team.
He has a great sense of justice and will always help someone he considers as a "good" person.

Background story: He is the leader of Vendetta. A team of elite soldiers who are usually given more important roles than regular soldiers. Such as protecting the royal family of Denova kingdom. Terus was chosen by the king to protect princess Emilia. The two fell in love, but couldn't marry, as the king wanted Emilia to marry a prince from Ashura kingdom. This in order to make peace between the two kingdoms, as their history is full of wars. They both knew that it is better if Emilia will marry the prince, because that is her duty as a princess to please the people of the kingdom.
But at the marring ceremony, it was revealed that Ashura have no intention of peace and they used the ceremony in order to sneak into Denova castle and kill the royal family. But the Vendetta troop acted fast and managed to stop the attack. But princess Emilia was poisoned by the prince of Ashura.

Motives: Princess Emilia was poisoned with a Blue Rose. A rose which can only be found in Ashura kingdom and has the power to put one's consciousness into enternal sleep. An elder in Denova told Terus about a source of energy from another world, known by the name Lifestream.
If the Ring Of Fates, a magical ring held by the royal family of Denova, will absorb some energy from the Lifestream, it'll have the power to heal the poison of the Blue Rose. After he have heard what Joker have to tell, he decided that he can't miss this opportunity to travel to different worlds.
He got the Ring Of Fates from the king of Denova and became Dark Angel.

Vorse Leonclock

Look: A hairstyle similar to Squalls (FFVIII) but red colored. His clothes similar to Zell's (FFVIII)

Class: Street Fighter - Uses his arms and legs as weapons. He didn't recieve any special lessons about fighting and he relays on his fighting talent and on what he learned from different battles.

Weapon: Arms and Legs

Personality: His red colored hair hints about his personality. It is easy to anger him and hard to please him. He tend to argue about almost everything and believes he is a leader-type character (that makes him hate Zero who was chosen as a leader of the team).

Background story: The only family he has is his older sister. From a very young age, he was causing troubles and getting into fights with other kids.
At the age of 14, he realized he have a talent in fighting and decided to work as a fighter. Despite the fact he was young, he managed to beat many other fighters in the local tournament and started his career as a fighter.

Motives: Unknown

Plot Spoilers:
It was later revealed the Vorse isn't really a Dark Angel.
The one who was really chosen to become a Dark Angel is Vorse's sister.
Vorse found the letterm before his sister saw it, and hid it because he didn't want his sister to do dangerous things. But he was afraid that someone will come to pick her if she won't come, so he decided to go instead.

Back