Help Final Fantasy X Sphere Grid: Which One Did YOU Like To Pick?

Xaouling

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
I Have always picked expert but it gets quite boring at sumpoints and i have never played with standard but i was just wondering coz i am starting a new game of it soon i was just wondering wich sphere grid u picked and wich one wud be best for me and other people to pick. :) thanks

There is a difficulty level to the sphere grid? Or is this for the international version. Because if it is then you should probably explain that. Anyway I just used the normal Sphere grid and loved it, I think it was a great idea on SE's part. I loved how any character could be anything and all powerful.

Sorry i dont know but wass up and do you go to any school.

What? xD

Lets not spam up the threads

Also, if you are looking for advice, I think Il move this over to the help booth.

I tried the standard grid once, and I hated it, I got stuck in a bit of a rut when I couldnt move anywhere because I didnt have any level 3 key spheres and I couldnt FIND any either, so I got to Sin, kept getting my arse handed to me gave up and started again

The expert grid allows for more freedom I think and seems to have less locks - or at least is bloody easier to get around than the stupid standard grid

What? xD

Lets not spam up the threads

Also, if you are looking for advice, I think Il move this over to the help booth.

I tried the standard grid once, and I hated it, I got stuck in a bit of a rut when I couldnt move anywhere because I didnt have any level 3 key spheres and I couldnt FIND any either, so I got to Sin, kept getting my arse handed to me gave up and started again

The expert grid allows for more freedom I think and seems to have less locks - or at least is bloody easier to get around than the stupid standard grid

Is that the only difference or is there something else, because it might be something to look into if I can play the international version.

There's the dark aeons & Penance in the international version too, I'm not sure what the point in adding the extra grid was though....we also get ribbon add ons for armour, 99 dark matters to create it sucks though -_-

I Have always picked expert but it gets quite boring at sumpoints and i have never played with standard but i was just wondering coz i am starting a new game of it soon i was just wondering wich sphere grid u picked and wich one wud be best for me and other people to pick. :) thanks

There's an expert mode to this game!!??

Ive always went along the preset path on the sphere grid for all my characters early in the game, later though ur ganna have to go off into someone elses grid which i just pick whom ever is closest

and if there was an expert mode that would be no sphere grid use at all.

Last edited:
Guys, the international version had a standard sphere grid and an expert sphere grid, its no expert mode or anything like that, or NOT using the grid, its just....another grid, you get he choice which to use at the start :wacky:

Standard grid:

doctobasco_ffxsphere_ign.gif

Expert grid:

final_fantasy_x_expert_grid.gif

Difference being there are no set paths at the beginning for characters so you have more freedom to move around. With the Standard there'll be locks restricting you from going a certain way early on, with the Expert, you can take whatever path you want, with locks only coming in later.

There's alot more empty nodes on the Expert too.

Last edited:
The expert sphere grid offers more freedom to customise your characters but the standard sphere grid is more restricted. If your going for max stats go for the standard sphere grid because it has more nodes, but you can never truly max all your stats either way.

I always like the standard grid. I did enjoy the expert one later in the game but for much of the main story, the standard grid opened you up to very useful abilities to tackle tough enemies and bosses with early on. For example, you could get dark attack for Wakka in time for the first sinspawn boss which was really useful.

I used the Standard one on my first playthrough, then on all my other playthroughs I used the expert grid. I preferred the expert grid, definitely a lot more freedom.

Hmmm, I actually never knew that you can choose :hmmm: /idiot
Is it just in the international version? Because I always just stuck with what they gave me xD. Expert sounds hella better though because you do get to go wherever and do whatever instead of having to go through it and then have to wait to get locks/etc etc.

Wow.. I had no idea that there was an expert sphere grid that was even made for this game. I mean, I have the regular version, never played international version. I think it would be fun, though to try the expert sphere grid.

The advantage is being able to advance some characters sooner than you would the regular one!

This sounds so convenient... hahaha.

It's been a while, but I still play the game just so I could advance my characters on the sphere grid. It gets real addicting.

Back