Final Fantasy VII Remake

yes to remake

they should make it again but longer and better graphics also in the FFXII on the nintendo wii so you can attack yourself making awesome gameplay

imagine this for a few seconds and tell me if its logical

FF7 was made in 1997, over a decade ago. When the game was made they had no intention to make a direct sequel, therefore the plot is not built to accomodate for a spinoff/sequel to be made all easy peasy. So decades after when the spinoffs are made they make some additions to the main plot so that they would make sense. So all im saying is that now that the Universe of Final Fantasy VII has been increased so much, and developers know much more about the story then they did when creating the game, I just think it would be fair and reasonable to allude to new plot stems in some way. Whether it beMore/New dialogue from Clouds true conscious (the voice in his head) or Aeris and Zacks relationship.

imagine this for a few seconds and tell me if its logical

FF7 was made in 1997, over a decade ago. When the game was made they had no intention to make a direct sequel, therefore the plot is not built to accomodate for a spinoff/sequel to be made all easy peasy. So decades after when the spinoffs are made they make some additions to the main plot so that they would make sense. So all im saying is that now that the Universe of Final Fantasy VII has been increased so much, and developers know much more about the story then they did when creating the game, I just think it would be fair and reasonable to allude to new plot stems in some way. Whether it beMore/New dialogue from Clouds true conscious (the voice in his head) or Aeris and Zacks relationship.
that wouldnt technically be a remake.
and knowing that SE are practically whores, i wouldnt be suprised if they decided to make some parts more ambigous, they might add more to the plot yet not explain it fully, thus creating more ways for them to increase profits by creating even more games which fill in the plot holes created by the remake.
I'd like a remake without lego characters and better graphics and them fixing up the translation mistakes.

Yes i wud like a remake, it wud b good to introduce new ff gamers to a fully graphiced ( !? is that a word ?! ) ff7, my fav ff game :)

But the storyline, characters, gameplay, battle system shud all b untouched, if square try and do something stupid with it, its gonna end up being complete rubbish.
and NOONE wants to see FF7 ruined.

Read my title . . . I'm would kill for a FFVII remake, bet you if a FFVII remake was to come out on the PS3 ppl would go out and get one . . . I would

Wooooo my first post!

Right well, if they do remake it better graphics are a must as well as voice acting and music. but IMO heres how I think things should be handled:

Story - the main one. keep it the same! but with minor changes (Barrets @%$&# speaking) that could be fixed with simple curse words. refs to genisis and angeal but only really in passing not necassary by name. more of a hint to see the Zack flashback, maybe cloud wants to visit the mansion again or something.

Overworld - hmmmm more little locations like banora ruins or modeoheim and it should kinda be like XII or X how you run from local to local but not so linear and more open (come on its the ps3!)

Battles - face it squeenix has said turn based is gone (bar VS XIII) and its all real time, IMO i love the real time i thought XII had it albeit some minor flaws but possibly with XIII thatd be fixed. hp mp should be much more than 9999 no break hp i hate that, why limit to 9999?

Difficulty - now sidequests were fine (Keep the stamina cheat for the races!) but my main problem was with the final battle with sephy, one knights of the round. dead. too easy, he sould at least be a bastard make him like yizamat or whatever in XII tons of hp and rapes your characters like a mothersucka.

FFVII remake?

Hell no, whats the point in destroying the most succesful Final Fantasy's there is? remaking FFVII would only ruin the originality of the game I don't care if they add mini games, I don't care if it's better graphics!

FFVII is there in the memory, where they have block hands, the characters look a little bit like lego people!

The moves, the graphics, the story line, was perfect! AND it still remains perfect even to this day!

There is no way. If it came out, I would lose allll respect for SE, they would be bringing out a ruin! and I don't even thnk I would play it!

PLus by now we all know that tech demo isn't a trailer, though it becomes a part of the crisis core ending.
No if FFVII came out again it should be on the DS, plainly because that's the only way it could be new and innovative looking.

It would look pretty darn new and innoavtive on the PS3 imo. I know I'd go and buy a PS3 for that alone. Sales would boost epically for PS3 and SE would make a killing aswel

no no if FFVII came out again then it should come out and be buried where no-one would know the location!

Enix, are money grabbing people! (I did try to find a word but... I couldn't lol) remember Squaresoft, yes they did care about money but half of them wanted to mke a game worth remebering not to accumaltae money.

I'm just saying, they don't think no more, why don't they just concentrate on a new final fantasy, instead of playing around with things seeing what gets a better reception, see what makes more money.

PLus by now we all know that tech demo isn't a trailer, though it becomes a part of the crisis core ending.
It wasn't part of the Crisis Core ending, the Crisis Core ending was completely new footage made for the PSP. You can see the difference if you've actually seen it.

It would look pretty darn new and innoavtive on the PS3 imo. I know I'd go and buy a PS3 for that alone. Sales would boost epically for PS3 and SE would make a killing aswel
Exactly... there are milions of dollar to be had with a remake, both Square Enix and long time partner Sony know this. I wouldn't be surprised for a remake, though I'm honselty not really expecting one.

Enix, are money grabbing people! (I did try to find a word but... I couldn't lol)
"Enix is full of avarice." maybe?

Squaresoft, yes they did care about money but half of them wanted to mke a game worth remebering not to accumaltae money.

I'm just saying, they don't think no more, why don't they just concentrate on a new final fantasy, instead of playing around with things seeing what gets a better reception, see what makes more money.
They still strive to make games worth playing, thats why there are innovations in gameplay, as seen in FFXII, sure some FF fans may not have liked it, but it was the best reviewed FF game since VII, becasue of its innovations.

And they are concentrating on new FF titles, but it just so happens that with the merger, it was decided to start make sequels a spin-offs. It was a busines move made because the biggest franchise of the two companies was Final Fantasy, and every business is out to make money, and the only way to make money is to give the people what they want, and we all wanted more Final Fantasy, and thus thats what we got. But just because they are business trying to make money, doesn't mean they don't care... becasue its obvious they do, as tehy are giving us what we want. But nothing can satisfy everyone, thus opinions can run in any direction.

I would be all for a remake, and I won't be surprised if we get one, though I don't actually expect it any time soon. It was be nice to play the game with good graphics, because, lets be honest here, FF7's graphics have not aged well.

Anyway, I found this online a while back, some fan made it, but its cool all the same...

FFVIIremake.jpg

We all know there is no remake officially.
Developers don't usually announce games and then start making them because then you have to wait 3+ years for a game after and the wait is just too much to ask for. Usually they announce a game when it's 3/4 done note their has been exceptions. For Final Fantasy VII Current Gen, I think that's the case

I think a FFVII remake is, in fact, inevitable, but I seriously doubt we'll see it any time soon. I'm thinking that maybe just before the next big "next gen" roles around, it will come out as a near end title, like FF12 was. That way it will make a big splash, but truthfully just be a lead in to bigger, more advanced projects. But then... I could be wrong... and it wouldn't be the first time.

FFVIIremake.jpg

We all know there is no remake officially.
Developers don't usually announce games and then start making them because then you have to wait 3+ years for a game after and the wait is just too much to ask for. Usually they announce a game when it's 3/4 done note their has been exceptions. For Final Fantasy VII Current Gen, I think that's the case

I agree fully, but maybe they are still conspiring about whther or not to remake, there are a majority who wishes for this to be made, and yet the same amount of people wishes for it not to be. (I know that doesn't make any sense.

but the trailer did come out on a possibilty of the remake.

still I don't wish it to be made.... :sad2:

It wasn't a trailer... it was a tech demo. Square did tech demos of FF6 on the N64 and FF8 on the PS2... the tech demo was meant just as that, but people took it the wrong way, and it made Square Enix think twice.

Regardless, though, there is no trailer for a PS3 remake of FF7, as one had not even really been thought of at the time they made the Tech Demo, and they have since not officially greenlit one... that said, I think they will end up making one donw the line, but that doesn't change the fact that people need to understand that the tech demo means absolutely nothing.

M bad, it's been some years since I have researched fully I've been busy trying to sort everything out for myself lol.

thanks for the heads up! but I'm sure I saw the battle system on there..

Last edited:

Nice photoshop skills :D

Regardless, though, there is no trailer for a PS3 remake of FF7, as one had not even really been thought of at the time they made the Tech Demo, and they have since not officially greenlit one... that said, I think they will end up making one donw the line, but that doesn't change the fact that people need to understand that the tech demo means absolutely nothing.

Yep, it was just to show the capabilities of the PS3.

Back