Final Fantasy VII Remake

A remake would definitely be worth it. Not only would they get a huge amount of money (Because lets face it, we'd all go buy it) but it would be an updated version of a game that deserves it. Hell, my dad even says a remake is needed at this point especially if we're going to have all these new games surrounding it in all directions to help explain the before and after parts of FFVII.

I think if the make a remake they wont keep all the same story line the will probably take some of the story line out

but they might not
i really do hope they wont do that

They did get it right though which is why we all love VII so much. They should just make sure XIII is amazing. If it isn't then VII would be ruined by a remake. X, X-2 and XII have hardly shown that they have what it takes to 'improve' VII

It may sound odd but I would love to have a FFVII remake just for the music.

If you have heard the Crisis Core soundtrack and the AC soundtrack you know how amazing the FFVII signature music can sound and I would love the entire OST to be of that level.

I have mixed feelings about it in terms of how they would handle the mature content, Cid and Barret's swearing for example, a long string of beeps would be a nightmare.

Personally I would love to see a faithful remake even if it meant the game went from being an 11+ game to an 18+ game.

It may sound odd but I would love to have a FFVII remake just for the music.

If you have heard the Crisis Core soundtrack and the AC soundtrack you know how amazing the FFVII signature music can sound and I would love the entire OST to be of that level.

I have mixed feelings about it in terms of how they would handle the mature content, Cid and Barret's swearing for example, a long string of beeps would be a nightmare.

Personally I would love to see a faithful remake even if it meant the game went from being an 11+ game to an 18+ game.

Make it a 15+ game, we youngsters can handle it.:P

Anywho, I'd love to see this game re-made, but it still wouldn't beat the original.

Yes,I would love it if they remade Final Fantasy VII,I would run to the ends of the Earth if i had too!

Do you WANT a remake of FFVII for the PS3 or another system? and why?
Is the Pope a Catholic? is the Sun hot?

That is what I think when I see this thread lmao

as for my reason, well it would be awesome to have my favorite FF with superb graphics and Cid swareing omg "MAKE THE GOD DAMN TEA!!!" "DAMN IM PISSED OFF!!" lmfao "Make mine with lots of sugar and honey oh and dont forget the lard!"

Need I say more? lol

as for my reason, well it would be awesome to have my favorite FF with superb graphics and Cid swareing omg "MAKE THE GOD DAMN TEA!!!" "DAMN IM PISSED OFF!!" lmfao "Make mine with lots of sugar and honey oh and dont forget the lard!"

Need I say more? lol
I need to say more. They keep that swearing in and the game will likely end up with a nice big age restriction slapped on it, now i know it won't stop those kiddies from playing it but square enix will want to get more money as parent will be less likely to by the game for these kids. So by by rude language, hello mr nice cid who doesn't swear.

it's one of these idea that has to be carefully executed, and it probably won't be, since the best way through isn't going to be the way that makes the most money.

If they do stick an age-restricted tag on the game making it "Mature" for a rating, I don;t expect sales will drop at all compared to what they would predict. I mean look at the Grand Theft Auto games that were released with "M" ratings. I was under the age of 17 when I bought Vice City and the attendent selling the game could have been reprimanded for it. Also I had plan B and C and D and so on of older friends on mine who could have gone into Circuit City or EBgames and bought it for me.

i dnt see how just language can give it a m rating.. ive played grand theft auto and those games r rated m for alot more reasons than just language. they're got sex, drugs, theft, killing so i dnt think 7 would b rated m even if it had some language.. the original story waznt all the bad and some of the characters wont look as "hoochy" in new graphics if that is another thing that would give it that rating

How about the funny scenes in midgar with the cross dressing, cloud getting pounded by men in the honey bee inn. Also somebody said earlier in the thread that they would change barret from his image as it's a black stereotype, they would proably want to make him PC.

Don Corneo, 'Miss' Cloud, Mukki, Honey Bee Inn, MOG HOUSE!!! and Barret and Cid in general.... If it wouldn't be M Rated, or even a 12 or 15, I'd be shocked.

true true.. well ur rite then. if they remake it and it recieves a mature rating, they probably will change some parts of the game. They've never had an M rated game i dnt believe, and in order to insure younger gamers such as myself get it, they'll prob change somethin so it goes back to teen. somebody mentioned that it wouldnt effect how many people bought it, but i think it will. i no that my parents wont buy it for me if its rated M, and i have no way to get around it. :( i sure wish they wouldnt change it tho

Yes, yes god, a remake, plz!!
I think that SE should stop wasting money on all those other games that probbly wont even be as great as this one ^___^
There is nothing much you have to do to this game just a graphic update, that is all. They already said that they have done way too much damage with all the branches they added to VII but the thing is, they weren't thinking about the succes it would have...bastards. I really do think they still should.

I think that SE should stop wasting money on all those other games that probbly wont even be as great as this one ^___^
I'm not with you in this one..There's lots of FF games like 4,7,8,10 that they actually have to make a remake for it coz it got one of the greatest story line ever.
There is nothing much you have to do to this game just a graphic update, that is all. They already said that they have done way too much damage with all the branches they added to VII but the thing is, they weren't thinking about the succes it would have...bastards. I really do think they still should.
Maybe the things they added will make it easier to play and to understand and even make the game better,who know?
In my opinion I think they have to make it -the remake I mean- coz it got real sucsess and become one of the strongest FF games ever.

What I want most in the Final Fantasy VII remake is an arranged or orchestrated soundtrack, instead of synthesized as in the original. It would be mostly orchestrated, with some rock-and-roll arrangements by the Black Mages band (featuring Nobuo Uematsu). The orchestral arrangements of "Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII", "Aerith's Theme", and "One Winged Angel" could also be reused for the remake. The remake would utilize the PS3's maximum graphical capability and have 7.1 channel audio. The grammatical errors present in the original will be corrected in the remake.

For anything about the media content ratings, Japan always wants the Final Fantasy games to retain an A rating, which is the least restricted rating of Japan's CERO. That would help avoid the ESRB's M rating. For Final Fantasy games, blood is restricted to FMVs. The M rating can hurt game sales.

Last edited:
Back