Final Fantasy 16

Starships

Zero Gravity
Veteran
Gil
It might be a while away yet, Final Fantasy 15 doesn't even look close to coming out and they might Disney Sequel it like they did with FF 13 but what do you want from FF 16, Final Fantasy in the future and why:

I would love to have that typical Main Character/ Love interest thing back, we haven't gotten it since Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII had nothing like that, and Final Fantasy XIII had side characters as the ones with the lovers. But I would love to see some Tidus x Yuna, Squall x Rinoa romance back, and maybe even another love theme song like Eyes On Me

I would also would love it to have the Chrono Trigger system, I don't know why they haven't done this yet. It feels like Final Fantasy, but has that modern JRPG fighting system, and the Tech team-ups included as well, they've done it with Final Fantasy 4 After Years so it's possible.

Also to have another male lead, that's close to the design of the original FF VII Cloud and Squall. Girly, but not too girly. No Vaan please. And to have tons of female siders to make up for the Sausage Fest that's going to be FF XV.

I would like Final Fantasy XVI to have a male character aswell...but i don't really understand much about guys and how many personality archetypes there are for them, so i'm kind of curious as to what the new character would be in terms of personality. But that's probably because FF has had a large of emo characters and talkative characters. i don't want another cloud/leon (emo badass), or another vaan/tidus (talkative). i want someone in the middle. But odd enough, i want a dual lead character. not just one character.

Romance is something i dont want in FF. i got tired of it.I admit their romance is usually good when they made it part of the story, but i think i got tired of it. or rather i would like a subtler romance....something fresh, but believable.

I would like a twist....similar to the twist of Tidus being a dream in FFX.
obviously open world. but i'm tired of random battles. i would like FF12/13/dissidia duodecim system where battles would be by running into the monsters on the field.

considering FFDimensions had the developer's room (not just an FFIV exclusive) it would be great to see the developer's room return in FF16 even if it took more space in the game. it would be interesting to see.

I would like to see the Dawn Warriors as a concept return. summons would be an obvious choice, but i would like to see them interact with the characters more in battle. similar to pokemon needing certain pokemon to go through obsticles, it would be great to have more access to optional dungeons by gaining a specific eidolon to pass through certain obsticles.

Maybe it would be great to use more than one eidolon and use combo attacks just like in chrono trigger with the battlers too

I agree I want more romance as well, it make me root for the characters and love them so much more. I think the characters tend to develop more when there's relationship development too. Although it does look like we might be getting a return to that in XV. The main character being a boyish guy is also returning in XV thankfully :)

I also loved the summons in ten when we actually got to control them and give them abilities and have control over how they developed. So I'd really like to see something like that again.

Also a levelling system that allows the player control over what roles the characters play in battle, and choice is also a good thing to have.

FFXVI would need a nice switchup for a main protagonist,Kind of like Cecil from II.Someone who has two sides to them like Fei (Xenogears).Maybe something like a bi-polar disorder without the sudden burst of emotional drama and sudden overly happy presence.A character poised for being unpredictable.

Romance is not that great of a theme in FF IMO,but the lady RPG players love it so of course it will be incorporated im sure.

The battle system needs to be team based,I can agree with Starships on this one,Chrono Trigger had an awesome battle system.If SE could bring this system back and give it a facelift of evolutionary proportions,FF 16 should use it.
Bring back summons is a must,but I think that there needs to be a switchup in the summoning of traditional monsters,in which the summons grow more powerful leveling up and change form into something like a God or humanoid being of Omnipotence as higher levels are achieved along with more control over the battle aspects in which they appear.Character leveling should have a similar progression in which they are noticeably stronger in physical appearance based off of battle role and level.

Back