Help FFXIII: Party members

RollaRocka

Gil
Which party members do you use for the most all around party ?

I find that Lightning, Fang and Hope for all around.

Lighting - Ravager, optionally Commander and rarely synergist
Fang - Commander, Sentinel, Saboteur
Hope - Ravager, Healer, Synergist

Anyone have anything better ?
My main problem is, I like to have at least 1 man in the party and i just dont like Hope ... unfortunately he and Vanille are the only viable healers in the game...

Also Lighting, Fang and Vanille is super, but IM not playing thru the game with 3 chicks :D

My main concern is to have an all around party, have each role accesible at any situation...

Any tips appreciated :)

Snow - mainly for rav, com, and sen
Lightning - mainly for com, and rav sometimes medic
Hope - for sab, rav, med

With this combo you can have the tri disaster, aggression, discretion, and other handy paradigms. My advise is to start off as rav, rav, rav. When the enemy staggers go into aggression.

Um Lightning is a very good Medic when you get her stats up. I like to experiment, using lightning-commander, Snow-Ravanger- and Hope-Ravanger, Medic, Synergist.

I also use lightning as a commander, hope and Vanille as ravangers and medics and such.

I rarely use sazh although he's really good at the synergist role for me :hmmm: But I don't really use Him and fang much unless things are getting desperate

Each character is more able with each role than another.

Snow is the most efficient SEN.
Sazh is the most efficient SYN.
Vanille is the most efficient SAB.
Fang is the most efficient COM.
Hope is the most efficient MED.
Lightning is the most efficient RAV (and just as able as a COM)

If you prefer sticking to one party, then you are pretty balanced as you are. Fang is the best Commando, and decent Sentinal and Sabatuer, Lightning is balanced as a Commando and Ravager, and a decent healer. Hope is an excellent healer, good Ravager and decent Synergist.

Personally, I prefer changing my party around and trying new things with each character, different paradigm combinations. Playing to each character's strength is the way forward imo.

Personally, I prefer changing my party around and trying new things with each character, different paradigm combinations. Playing to each character's strength is the way forward imo.

This being said, (and whilst I agree with it) it's always fun to try out some secondary combinations as well once in a while, the characters have their own kind of 'tiers' in how able they get in each specific role, Flux pointed out the main ones, each character has one speciality role and then a secondary and so forth.
Whilst the secondary roles for each character may not always be effective, it's interesting to see what kind of teams you can come up with.

In regards to your party, that party is one of the most balanced and most used, it's a decent all round party so if you're not sure, stick with that one.

MY PERMENANT PARTY:VANILLE(LEADER),FANG N CLAIRE...MY FAVE PARADIGM...TRI-DISASTER N MA FAVE CHARACTER...VANILLE

I use the most Lightning - Sazh - Vanille with the COM/SYN/MED (hero's charge) paradigm. because lightning does the most damage and Sazh can realy make the party faster and stronger if he uses his en(element) skills to give an element to lightning, vanille can heal the other to or lightning can heal and vanille can go on SAB.

I personally use Lightning, Vanille, and Hope. The paradigm I use most is COM/RAV/RAV and I'll use COM/SYN/SAB. I also like using Vanille as party leader to spam the Death Spell. I'll admit though, I haven't played FFXIII as faithfully as I have other FF games. I still have 6 hunts that need 5 stars, and I still need about 5 achievements. :(

Back