Help FFXIII: I killed the Cactuar?!

Exoskeleton

Pale Flesh
Veteran
Gil
So I was wandering Gran Pulse just now and found a cutscene along with a cactuar. I battled it and won and got a nice chunk of Cp....My question is: Was the cactuar something special? Was I supposed to get something else out of it? I figured I would what with the whole cutscene with Sazh and everything....

Oh! And one more thing, I was doing missions and I ended up at this place with columns and when I beat it this blue giant bulb thing was made...I don't know what it's for or why so can someone tell me of it's significance please?

The cactaur is important, yes. Later you will have to fight it again, and have another cutscene, except it will have grown into Jumbo Cactaur and is a super-boss fight. It's optional, and part of the Cie'th stone missions, but well worth it as you get a trophy for slaying it. You haven't missed anything from it yet though, so there is no need to worry about that.

As for the blue giant bulb thing, I know what you mean but I can't remember ever finding out the significance of that. I've not beaten all of the Cie'th stones yet so perhaps another one of those will return there. I'm not entirely sure on that one.

EDIT - Fighting that cactaur also unlocks the cactaur as a common enemy I think as well. So now you'll see cactaur running around Gran Pulse.

The mission (cieth stone) for the bigger cactuar is near ma'habara..........it's kinda near the save spot,where the behometh and that big dog is fighting.

the mark is located where the custscene happened.........

it's mission 54.......class B (I think it's the hardest for class B)

Tips:use the solidarity Paradigm......my party is low-levelled......took me 12 mins and 45 seconds!.......also beware that the cactuar inflicts Daze or Fog (not sure which) with 10.000 needles............so take some protection.

I killed it yesterday...........

My party is low leveled too O.O I just fought the jumbo one twice and died cause all it used were needles :sad2:

Tell me how you beat it! Which people in your party! D:

all your characters need to be over 10000 at least............

I used Snow,Lightning,Hope

Party stats:
(if you have a simaler party)
Snow: 19000 HP main character with fog and daze protection.......
Lightning: 12000 HP Strength:around 1600
Hope:10000 HP Magic:around 1600

use the soldiarity paradigm as your main use Lightning as commando,Snow(main character) as sentinel and Hope as Medic.

once you start the battle challlenge the cactuar using Snow.........then protect yourself using steelgaurd/mediguard or whatever..........then prepare to be hit by 10,000 needles.........

You'll lose a lot of HP,but don't worry about it Hope will restore it,while Lightining attacks..........make sure you use lightining as well........she is open to both roles medic and commando...........if your losing a lot of HP remember to switch paradigms to combat clinic.....and both Lightning and Hope should just concentrate on restoring snow's HP........and once he gets most of it back switch back to solidarity......I killed it by just switching between the two around........it might take you a few goes but you'll get their sooner or later..........

Clearly my HP is just over 2000 O.O Looks like I'll be replaying this game a bit....

you got a LOONG way to go..........didn't know your party was THAT low levelled.........

you can kill the normal cactuar though it gives you 5000 CP........that should be a lot........considering how much HP you got...........you might have to face this cactuar after completion though.............for the last CP stage.

oh yeah and another thing........don't let the normal cactuars grow...........once they grow they become stronger..........but if your up to the challenge let it grow...............once you let it fully grow you get a lot of CP.(don't know how much)

Yeah. I don't think it's possible to beat the giant cactuar before you unlock the final stage of the crystarium. My party had around 10000 HP, and I still had trouble with it. Took me a while, but I beat it eventually.

The best way (and lucky) is to have Light with Axis Blade/Enkindler + instant chain Synthesis skill on and hit it with a hasted + 150% ATB bar with whatever...if you get lucky youll stagger it and with and LFV party...youll kill it very quickly (ie ruthless). i killed it the 3rd try in 10 seconds. hope that helps

I think it is weak to fire, so if you can use enfire and then have mr. afo use firestrike he steps back away from G.Cactuar eventually you step far enough away not to be hit by its attacks. Also if you can get insta-stagger that helps a lot.

Enfire (and all other EN spells) do not change attacks that are already have elements useing enfire and than use fire strike wont help better is making a Com/com/com paradigm and use enfire with a synergist.

I think it is weak to fire, so if you can use enfire and then have mr. afo use firestrike he steps back away from G.Cactuar eventually you step far enough away not to be hit by its attacks. Also if you can get insta-stagger that helps a lot.

I actually did this to beat Gigantuar (don't remember using Enfire though). I made Sazh a Rav, then just let him do his thing, and he eventually backed away far enough that none of Gigantuar's attacks could hit Sazh (since Gigantuar doesn't move). It took a while since Sazh was the only one attacking, but it worked. It was kinda funny to see how long Fire took to fly towards Gigantuar, Sazh's bullets as well.

Back