Help FFXIII: Glitch, or no?

Claire

L'Cie
Gil
Alright, well here lately I've been farming for components to sell and get gil so I can upgrade some items. And so I looked in the book and saw that the Sacrifice's have a 25% chance to drop perfumes which sell for 12,500 a piece. Which btw is a crock of shit because they have rarely dropped for me and I have the Collector's Catalog on as well and I 5 star the fights. So I was looking into the enemies in the book and saw that the Sanctum Inquisitrix have a 25% chance to drop the Credit Chip, and a 5%chance to drop perfumes, and the Sanctum Archangels which are paired with them have a 25% chance to drop Credit Chips, and a 5% chance to drop Incentive Chips. So I teleported to Eden and ran through the little area where the Sacrifices are at, and I turned right where 2 packs of soldiers are at. I ran through them and got to where the Juggernaut and the Tyrant are standing.

This is where I discovered how this works, and I tried doing it everywhere in this area and it didnt work anywhere else, and I sure as hell wasnt running all the way back to the warp and all the way back to fight the soldiers. But if you run up by the Juggernaut and turn around and run back half way and do that 3 times, it respawns the 1st group of soldiers to fight. You have to get atleast by the pillar thats marks the halfway point. And these drop perfume like its their job, I got 12 in an hour of running back and forth and doing this.
Did any of you discover this? And if you have any better spots to get components that sell good, got any tips?

thanks alot, and sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
well i did see that Sanctum Inquisitrix drop perfume alot more than Sacrifice's. witch is wierd because its her rare drop. and Sacrifice its normal drop

Lmfao yeah I know right? That makes absolutely zero sense, I thought I would make mad bank running around the beginning part of Orphan's Cradle while I fought the little groups of Sacrifices. But no, their 25% drop turned into <1% for me.

I'm doing cycles now of fighting the Sanctum Inquisitrix and the Sanctum Archangel's and I'm doing this for an hour at a time, making roughly a little over 350k each time, so it's not too bad I guess lol.

I never had that problem, I got at least 1 perfume from a Sacrifice and not too often against Sanctum soldiers :hmmm: then again, I have a load of drop boosters so that may affect things :wacky:

Yeah I had the one item on that helps with drops and that was it, you're lucky then lol because them Sacrifices didn't drop shit for me. I think out of fighting them for an hour, I got 3 perfumes and that was it :/

Back