Help FFXIII: Adamontoise help plz

Claire

L'Cie
Gil
These damn noob dinosaurs just won't die for me. I use Aegisol and Fortisol before my fight. I basically mimic the process it gives for the Long Gui in the book, with the 3Sab setup, 3Medic, and 3Synergist classes. I weaken both legs, then go on Relentless Assault to take out the legs, but the dude just wont let me lol. His stomp and roar just eat my face. I'm trying to get the Trapezohedron's to upgrade to my ultimate weapons, and I just can't seem to beat these guys. I sat for 10 minutes trying to put death on him with Vanille and her Belladonna Wand(whichever one improves debuffing) and he still didn't give in lol.

Do any of you have any tips on how to kill these guys? Thanks, greatly appreciated.

Are you at Crystarium Stage 10? It's pretty much impossible to beat them by conventional means without it. I also find the accuracy f Death increases if you switch to a Paradigm where Vanille is Ravager when you've cast the spell but before it hits.

I still have yet to kill one myself. I got the circle of missions done so they got even harder. I just went ahead and bought my firstTrapezohedron.

Yeah, all of my Crystariums and roles are maxed out. I have 2nd tier weapons maxed, and their accessories just need dark matter to be at ultimate form. Each character has over 20k life, I just can't catch a break.

OMFG, idk how but this just happened. So I followed this video on youtube that directs you on how to kill the Adamontoise. You need the marlboro wand maxed out on Vanille and have her party leader. Then have a class with her and Fang as Sabs. Once the battle starts summon Vanilles eidolon and use his ultimate attack on him. After that case deshell on him all 5 of your times, then spam death while Fang debuffs as well. Idk how, but I got the limit breaker without having genji gloves on. Hey, I'll take it lmfao. Try that method for killing them, it's worked on 1/3 tries.

Last edited:
I never lost on my first Long gui fight. But my guys were close to maxed out. Not maxed out though. To be quite honest its pretty easy. Use sens sen sen sab sab sab for the legs and use sen/sen/sen to defend. Use salvation for healing(Med/med.med) and so forth. You better be almost maxed though or else a Long gui an kill you in one hit with ultima. Oh and it has doom to so be careful. I justtake it down with a summon and kill it so eaisily. Get the ultimate weapons by fighting Adamantoises with a conisseur catalog. They drop trapez but they are frickin rare

Thanks alot for the help Yuna, much appreciated :) I'm trying to take a break from missions before I start fault warrens, it doesnt look like it'll be much fun :/ I really wanna get the gold watch acccessory because I cant seem to beat Orphan's 2nd form with a 5 star even when I have shitty gear on :(

Ever think about using death? Orphans 2nd form is not immune to it

:/ no I never have thought about it. I always try with the relentless assault until he's staggered, then once his stagger gauge hits 999 I switch to assault and finish it out like that. The only thing that really messes me up is when he stuns me and I cant attack, thats why I cant seem to get the 5 stars. I should be fine now that I have a super ribbon on each character

Back