Help [FFX] Seymour and Anima battle

Dragon Shadow

ShinRa Guard
Gil
I don't know how many times I've tried to get through this annoying battle and it just keeps kicking my ass big time!!! lol Any help and advice etc. would be much appreciated! What attack method's should I be using on Seymour and then when he summons Anima, what is the best way, most effective method of attack for Anima? and then after he dismisses her and you gotta fight him again, what should I use then to defeat him? please help!!

He uses a constant pattern. I can't remember it at the moment, but it's all elemental spells, and the pattern is revealed through scan. Using Nulshock, Mulfrost and the like to counter the pattern will stop any damage being done, if you Stone Breath or Mug the Guado Guardians at the start to eliminate them or their potions.

As for Anima, best to fight aeon on aeon, as her Pain attack causes instant death to those not immune. Use an aeon who can heal themselves with their own elements, like Ifrit, Ixion or the new aeon. Don't use Valefor; she'll be eliminated quickly. When Anima uses Oblivion, make sure an aeon is out, as chances are, it'll kill you instantly. Using Shield can help, possibly.

The same strategy as above applies to fighting Seymour again. The new aeon's Diamond Dust Overdrive can take out most of Seymour's health.

Although your question has effectively been answered, I'm going to throw my something-something your way because I'm a bit of a X-toff.

Seymour attacks, as said, in a pre-determined sequence, meaning he'll use specific elements in a certain order. Highlighting him when selecting an opponent will reveal which order this is in the Help bar at the top of your screen. You can render yourself mostly immune to any damage here by having Yuna cast the respective Null spell for whichever black magic Seymour is about to use against you - negating that damage. Rinse and repeat there.

The Guado Guardians are pesky customers, and they protect Seymour from all physical damage, followed by an Auto-Potion on themselves to recover. Your best bet is to have Rikku out and use Steal to rob them of their Hi-Potion, thus preventing them from healing. Use Lulu's second stage black magic to despatch them quickly.

All that remains is to throw a few physical attacks Seymour's way. He'll be down soon enough though not before summoning Anima. Your new Aeon will easily handle this enemy, alternating between attacking and healing herself with Blizzara. When Anima's Overdrive is ready, ensure that Shield is active to reduce the damage massively - she'll definitely survive.

Upon Seymour's return to the fray, he'll use spells like Multi-Blizzara, and his third tier magic like Firaga against you. The latter will most likely kill, but is easily countered with Yuna's trusty Null magic. Have Auron and Tidus out knocking him seven ways from Sunday and he'll be down soon.

It really can be a tricky fight if you don't know what's coming, but if you time things right it's really quite simple.

Yeah I figured it out in the end and once I knew the order of Seymour's attacks, It wasn't too bad. Not looking forward to having to fight him again though later when he is a lot stronger! You'll most likely see me here again asking for help with that one! :P

I found that boss battle really easy but I guess I just must of overleveled alot, but like the others said, using aeon against aeon works the best.

Allot of people think that the trigger commands arent worth it but they are. after you talk a few times that is like casting cheer, reflex, ect. x10. have rikku steal from the guado guards. take them out with auron and tidus, while having lulu cast level 2 spells at seymour. just keep hacking away until you get to anima. at this point have yuna on hand with auron and wakka as your attackers. when animas overdrive is close to full you MUST summon an aeon because you will not survive oblivion. my suggestion would be shiva. she can heal herself with blizzara and you should get at least 2 if not three overdrives out of her.

THE KEY:
order of spells: blizzard, thunder, water, fire

For any boss battle, I made sure that all my aeons had overdrives by the time I got there. I would strongly advise this, especially for when you're dealing with Anima.

Constant pattern

Seymour uses a constant magic pattern which is on the help bar when you are about to attack him. Yuna is VERY helpful here because she knows NulBlaze, NulFrost, NulSpark, and Nulwave or whatever. Keep the Nuls on AT ALL TIMES until Seymour dies and summons Anima. Have your aeons have overdrives ready for anima.

Back