FFX: Breaking Taboos

As Zakyra steps on the beach, she marvels at its beauty under the glow from the sun. She plans to stay on the beach until it is nearly her departure. Zakyra lies down and begins playing with the sand, acting as she was a child again.

She begins to fade asleep, fast, when her brother approached her and sits down.

'I'm going to miss this beach.' She says softly to her brother. 'I wish I can always stay here, free of despair and worry.'

After a while, Zakyra decides to dip into the water and tries to swim. It was very relaxing, and seeing her brother beside her made it all worthwhile.

(Sorry if it's a bit short. First RP post FTL >_>)

Maylene woke up after ending up sleeping wile leaning towards the wall looking at the boats and the sea after examining her own hand. She looked over the sea once again and noticed that someone had jumped in the water for a swim. She looked at the person in the water wile her hand was throbbing due to the punch. She admired how he could be so relaxed in the water wile she herself would panic from the fact there could be fiends in the water for all she knew. Then without even knowing it herself she had started to approach the beach where he had entered the water from to get a better view of the water.

"I don't know why I never have gone down here before."

She sat down in the sand and watched the sea once again, dreaming away about travelling wile her red hair was moving slightly in the little breeze that existed in the area.

As Kaiya nodded, Miku began walking into the temple. As she began to approach the stairs, she slowed her pace so that Kaiya could mount the stairs at her own pace. Miku knew that it was a big moment, because after that there was no going back. Kaiya's life would never be the same again.
When Kaiya began to climb the stairs, Miku followed close behind. They soon reached the top and entered through the door into the first room of the cloister of trials. The door shut behind them.
Miku hadn't been to Besaid temple before, and even if she had, she wasn't sure whether she should have helped Kaiya or not. Unfortunately no one had seen fit to write a book about the ethics of being a Guardian.
Kaiya walked over to the Glyph on the wall and touched it with her palm. She then touched the Glyph that had appeared on the other wall, revealing some stairs leading down as the wall slid up.

Kaiya then turned to Miku and said,

"I guess this is where the fun starts."

"Fun is one word for it."

Kaiya and Miku walked down the stairs together, opposite them was a recess containing a sphere.

Kaiya walked over to it and picked it up. She then said,

"Probably going to need this..."

Miku recognised it as a Gylph sphere and told Kaiya what it was.

"Hey Kaiya, that's a Gylph sphere, now we just need to find somewhere to put it."

as Stephen strode up the front steps towards the temple entrance, he glanced at the Monk guarding the door who was glaring at him. the monk Stepped in front of the door and through gritted teeth he announced "you shalt not entered this temple, monk" Stephen smirked and noticed the monk clenched his fists "Seriously, don't you remember last time you tried to get in my Karlos?" the monk released his fists and stepped aside.

Stephen walked past him and kicked the door open, to face a crowd of angry looking monk "ahhh crap" Stephen muttered as the high priest strode forward and looked intently at Stephen "Mr Hownam, you are no longer a monk in this temple, please leave." he announced, causing Stephen to smirk slightly "I guess there is a summoner in the trials" he announced "indeed, so please leave" Stephen nodded "so be it" he announced as he turned and exited.

KAIYA/AKEMI

Glancing down at the sphere, Kaiya pondered Miku's words for a moment. "Glyph sphere... somewhere to put it?"

She looked around and spotted a door down more stairs. Tilting her head, staring at it for a long moment, she spotted the recess upon it. Hopping down the stairs, she looked from the sphere to the recess. With a deep breath she slipped the sphere into the recess and almost clapped her hands when the doors swung open.

"I'm not sure if we should leave that there or take it with us..." Kaiya said, glancing at the sphere before stepping through the door.

The sooner they got to the chamber of the fayth, the sooner this beginning trial would be over. Though she knew she wasn't in any immediate danger and that Miku was more than capable of protecting her should she need it, there was a small knot of tension in her gut.

----------------

ZAKARY

Zakary approached his sister with a skip in his step as he skirted along the sands toward her. Stopping short of the gently lapping waves, he watched her in the water with a gentle smile on his face. She needed this time alone before they headed off on the boat.

Zakary adored his sister and knew better than to intrude on her alone time. So he flopped to the damp sand and allowed the small waves to wash over his bare feet (his footwear being left a little further up the beach).

He did, however, reply to her words. "You'll be okay," he said with a smile, gentle eyes watching her. "I'm here to protect you after all!"

OOC: Ok, I need someone to talk to in this RP. :gonk:

Back in Luca, Derrin wrapped himself in some cloth to bandage the wound, a careless mistake that he was stupid to be caught in. On the way home he saw that same girl sitting on the beach, near the water. Purchasing two ice cream cones.

Derrin walked up to the female, and said to her, "Hey there, my name is Derrin Scott. I couldn't help but notice you sitting around, so I bought you this." He then handed the female the ice cream cone.

Maylene looked at the sea and almost forgot the reason she went there. She completely forgot there was a person in the ocean and since she did not have anyone to acompany her for the time being, or any friends in town she would like to have someone to talk to that did not try to hit on her.

"Hey there, my name is Derrin Scott. I couldn't help but notice you sitting around, so I bought you this."

Maylene jumped at the person speaking to her from behind or beside her. She did not know who it was as the name did not ring any bells. Jumping up from the sand she saw him handing her Ice Cream. Feeling extremely stupid and had a somewhat red glow to her face she accepted it.

"Sorry for my.. rough reaction.. I just got alittle tense that's all. Thanks anyway. "

She took one lick of the Ice Cream to feel it's delicious texture on her tounge. Her eyes smiling quite bright as if she hadn't actually eaten ice cream in a wile.

"Thank you so much for the ice cream. My name is Maylene Morcan, but please call me Maylene."

Sinspawn were everywhere. In the streets in people's houses. The noise was deafening and the destruction was... terrible.

Lyrian hefted his sword to swing heavily at the nearest before recovering and killing another. He had been down at the beach when he heard the screams coming from further inland. Sprinting out of the shallow sea he had grabbing his sword where it was embedded in the sand and ran to help.

Bodies lay in the streets where the spawn and slaughtered them and moved on. Lyrian had to get back to his house, his wife and son were in the house, and if the spawn kept going at this rate, he daren't think what would happen.

He ran through the streets killing the spawn that got in his way, making straight for his house. If only he could get there in time. When he reached the dwelling, the wooden door lay in pieces half way across the room and plates lay smashed where they had been dropped. A trail of destruction led up the stairs and to his bedroom.

The sight before his eyes was one he would never forget. The broken bodies of his wife and child lay across the dead, blood everywhere, on the walls, across the ceiling and soaked into the sheets. Upon seeing the devastation, Lyrian slumped to the floor buried his head in his hands and wept. He didn't know how long he had sat there, sword lying by his side, face hidden, but he was unaware of anything until he heard a grunting sound behind him. He turned to face the spawn, and with a flash of anger threw himself at it setting upon it with all his strength, tearing it limb from limb.

Lyrian lurched upright in the water. He had allowed his mind to wander, and every time that happened, it lingered in the same memory, if not always the same parts, one occurred every time, the image of his family lying across the bed...

He swept the wet hair out of his eyes and began to move back toowards the beach, forcing the image out of his mind and getting back into his cheery "Blitzball star" character. People around here knew nothing of his past, and he'd rather keep it that way.

As Lyrian reached the shallow water he stood still for a moment allowing waves to break gently against his ankles, and for water to lap up his legs. He looked along the horizon and noticed that the red haired girl had moved from up on the docks onto the the beach as well. There was a man standing next to her, and they appeared to be in conversation. They were too far away to be heard properly but Lyrian's sharp eyes noticed the man hand the girl and ice cream, and he decided to head over to the pair...

"Hi, I'm Lyrian, Lyrian Arces, great weather huh?"

He made conversation completely normally, he had hidden his dark secret ever since that time, why let it out now...

OOC: Short post is short....sadly. :sad3:

Derrin looked out into the ocean, saying as he started eating ice cream. "Beautiful sight isn't it..." He paused after getting her name. He went back to looking at her, she carried a staff.

"So, you're a mage, are you not?" Derrin asked Maylene the obvious question. Though despite this, he can obviously tell that she was indeed friendly. He started to look back to the ocean, back to thinking abit about his master while he awaited Maylene's answer.

The newcomer that entered the conversation was no other than the man that was swimming in the sea just a few moments ago. As he introduced himself she kindly smiled and brushed her hair back behind her shoulder.

"I'm Maylene Morcan, but as I said to Derrin just call me Maylene."

As she was questioned about being a mage she looked at her staff that she had safely strapped to her back for the time being. She did not seem fond of wielding it in her hands for some reason.

"Yes I am a Mage.. unfortunately."

She then looked down on her icecream and opened her mouth and almost devoured the entire ice cream in one big chew and swallow. She then smiled as the cold ice cream went down her insides and shook alittle.

"I would rather fight with my fists than with my magic, but I was always told that I was good with magic. So it kinda stuck with me I guess."

Derrin looked at his ice cream and continued to eat it as his questions were answered.

"Yes I am a Mage.. unfortunately."

"Unfortunately?" Derrin asked, this was the first time she heard of a mage not liking it. Usually his travels with his master Auron he did meet master Mages, many who believed that they were inspired by magic. "Why is that, Maylene?"

"I would rather fight with my fists than with my magic, but I was always told that I was good with magic. So it kinda stuck with me I guess."

Derrin went to thinking about what Auron would say, after a few moments, He responded, "Why not try both? I mean, you would rather fight with your fists but you are good with magic. It's confusing, but maybe if you combine the two, you may be an even better warrior."

Derrin now started thinking about how he trained under his master and how it got him to the way he is now.

Miku though about Kaiya's question for a minute or so before answering,

"We could always come back and get it if we need it."

Miku stepped through the door that had just opened and looked around. The room she had just stepped into was quite bare, it was all grey stone, which made it feel cold. It was almost certainly underground, Miku got the feeling she was in tomb, but it would not be hers. They just had to keep pressing on until they got to the fayth.

"What next Akemi?"

KAIYA

(I'm going to gloss over the rest of the trials...)

Kaiya moved on, activating the puzzles that would allow them access to the Chamber of the Fayth. She was getting more and more anxious now. What if the Aeon in the Chamber of the Fayth felt the same way about Al Bhed as Yu Yevon did? What if the Aeon destroyed her to stop her from tainting its' temple further?

Swallowing a lump that had formed in her throat, Kaiya moved towards the lift like contraption that would take her down to the Chamber. She stood on it and looked to Miku, erasing all trace of doubt from her face.

"Looks like we're almost there..."

(Sorry it's short too... headache makes it hard for me to concentrate >.<)

She looked at her almost finished icecream as Derrin spoke to her about merging her lust for fighting with her talent in magic. She took a lick of the icecream and sobbed alittle bit before looking at both Derrin and Lyrian.

"It's a good sugestion."

She then stretched a bit and ate the last bit of the icecream before putting a smile on her face towards the two men before her.

"Okey let's not get all too gloomy about my own personal struggle. I don't think that was the whole idea by talking amongst eathcother right?"

She smiled now much more brightly than before. Her eyes closed making her beautiful red hair stand out more due to her emerald green eyes not being the attention point of her face. She then looked up into the sky and had a worried look upon her face. It seemed that she was very adept when it came to calculating time.

"I am sorry to burst this little get together, but I have to go."

She placed her hand infront of her and did a wierd gesture. A symbol erupting from beneath her showing the use of magic.

"Haste!"

A brown/orange symbol that resembled a swiftly ticking clock engulfed Maylene as she smiled at them before running away in a extreme speed. She would be out of their site in less than 15 seconds at this rate. The effect however ran out right before she got to the designated location which was her home.

She went inside and looked around, noticing a cake on her table with a note from the old couple from before giving another thank to her. She smiled before placing the cake somewhere else for now.

Her home was nothing more than a poor man's home with the things she needed like a bed and someplace to store her equipment and food. Even thou it was in Luca it was still a poor home due to her not having a source of income. Scratching could then be heard on the door and as that happened she placed her hand at a bottle of milk and a bowl and walked towards the door.

"Hi kittens. You are all hungry today huh?"

She kneeled down and placed the bowl down and poured the milk into the bowl. She seemed really happy to take care of theese cats. All of the kittens that were on her doorstep was cats that have been onboard some ships from diffrent places. She looked at them like treasures from another world since she haven't been outside Luca much. She could not either take them in and let them live in her home as it was too small for her and a bunch of cats.

"I'll leave the bowl here for you too finish."

She closed the door as the cats gave a pleasing meow to her generosity. She then placed her staff on the table and fell into her bed being somewhat tired from this day. Something was bugging her and she did not know what. Could it be the lust for traveling that might have cought up with her?.

"Yeah, this is it, I wait out here in case you didn't know."

Miku replied and looked at the Akemi, she decided that Akemi needed reassuring.

"You'll be fine Akemi, I know it. "

After Akemi entered the fayth, Miku looked for somewhere comfortable to sit. She had heard that the first Aeon always took the longest to acquire. However she wouldn't be able to relax, her summoner was out of her reach and she was alone in an unfamiliar location.

Derrin now looked towards Lyrian, and said with a straight face. "Hello, I'm Derrin. As for the weather, it's fine." He looked up to the sky, it was already getting dark.

Derrin quickly finished the ice cream and said, "Well, good luck with the rest of your evening, I hope we will meet sometime in the future." With that, Derrin walked back home.

Once Derrin got home, he put his katana beside his bed and sat down, looking out. Derrin realized he never told the girl why he was around in Luca...But it did not matter, since that would only be 2 days away after all...

OOC: Sorry for the short post.

Ayre heard three distinct screams of rage from the Zuus as they all took arrows to their shoulder area. As he ran, he could feel the gusts of wind their enormous wings kicked up behind him as they flapped away, trying to chase him down. Sneaking a peek over his shoulder, Ayre could see that his plan had worked. Two Zuus were following him. That, unfortunately, was the easy part. Now came the hard part: Not dying.

Turning around quickly, Ayre drew an arrow and nocked it while backpedaling. His aiming made more difficult by his movement over the sands of Bikanel Island, the arrow he loosed missed its mark, bouncing harmlessly off the rough, thick chest area of the lower Zuu. Ayre turned back forward once more and sprinted ahead, until he spotted a small rock formation. Ducking behind and under one of the rocks, he nocked two arrows simultaneously, and waited until the Zuus flew overhead. Timing it just right, he released the arrows. One was a perfect kill shot, exploiting the soft spot underneath the Zuus chin, and driving up into its brain stem. The other shot.... well.... the other shot was not perfect. It was a glancing blow on the creature's right leg.

As the first Zuu fell to the sands, already dead, the second whirled and flew directly towards Ayre's location. He nocked an arrow, but the Zuu was closing quickly. He could only hope Hiran got there soon.

as the sun blasted down on Besaid Village, Stephen had began feeling the head, so he removed his T-shirt and threw it on the ground, he then began practicing his combat skills, throwing punches and kicks into the air, as he did this he caught the eye of several people around, some for his skill, others because he had his Exceedingly toned torso on show.

Stephen cared not for the people watching him, he just realized that he hadn't trained in a week or so, he was also thinking that once the summoner came out of the Temple, he might ask him or her if he could join her on her pilgrimage as a Guardian.

"Well, good luck with the rest of your evening, I hope we will meet sometime in the future."

With that the man who had said his name was Derrin turned and walked away.

Lyrian was sure he recognised the man's face from somewhere but was unsure why, or where he could have seen it before. He looked around and noitced it was getting slowly darker and decided it would make sense for him to head home now and get a decent amount of sleep beofre his practice sessions tomorrow.

After all, he wanted to be on top form for this year's games...

Back