FFX-2 International English Patch progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

YamiJustin

Gil
Hello! A few weeks ago, a semi-English patch was released that translated the items, accessories, and abilities in Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission. While this patch makes the game playable (with the help of a guide), it did not translate new attacks, enemy names, garment grids, dressphere menus, the main menus themselves, and a lot of other content. Here are some screenshots of the new patch :)

takingshapei.png

dresspheres.png

Fortunately, a new patch is in the works that will translate the items, accessories, abilities, auto-abilities, enemy attacks, character attacks, enemy names, will include brief item description, menu info, and other cool things. Unfortunately a full-blown translation is not possible since Japanese letters take 1 byte, while English letters take 2 bytes. By simply swapping to English, the game data itself becomes larger than it originally was and does not work. This will result in some text being removed, but most item and abilities description will be included and shortened.

For those of you who did not know, X-2 International was released only in Japan and included a ton of new content. This includes 'Creature Create', where you can capture and raise creatures/npcs and use them in your party!! They gain levels, can equip accessories, etc, learn their own abilities, and can be taught different things depending on if you 'feed' them items or accessories!! This also includes former party members from X - Tidus, Auron, Lulu, and Kimahri. Seymour, Trema, Lucil, Elma, Yaibal, the Crimson Squad, the Syndicate, and many others can also be captured. Nearly every monster in Spira!

Another thing International includes in 'Creature Create' is the Coliseum, where you can compete in team battles and Battle Cups. In the Battle Cups, you can compete in 10 tournaments, all which must be unlocked, and you can win some extremely good items. Notably, 2 of the games new superbosses are fought in the later tournaments, and Tidus, Auron, Seymour, and Strongest Shinra can only be obtained by beating them in the final cups. Some of the tournaments are the Youth League Cup, the Aeon Cup, the Demon Cup, Strongest Shinra's Cup, and the final Farplane Cup.

As more infomation becomes available, I will post here. I will not be including any of the patches here themselves. If you want more info, please visit X-2 International's respective gamefaqs.com page. :)

ccalphabet.png

The game also includes 2 new dresspheres, new garment grids, and Last Mission itself, which is a separate mini-game epilogue accessible from the main menu. Sadly, a translation of Last Mission is not currently happening at the moment,

Are you making this patch playable through ESR/Modded PS2s? Or just through emulator? The patch looks amazing by the way :)

I myself am not doing the translating, I am simply in contact with the person who is, and have helped him with a few things here and there. At the moment he playtests the game using an emulator, but his ultimate goal is to be able to burn it to a DVD so u can play on either a Japanese PS2/PS3, a modded PS2, or using swap magic.

The game is still being worked on but it does already look good.
He is also in contact with the person who made the previous semi-patch, and that semi-patch is able to work on PS2s.

I actually have this game (played using swap magic) and beat it not knowing a single word of Japanese. The normal story doesn't change (besides the whole creature capture feature) Which I used to replace Paine with Lulu in my party. I was pretty familiar with the story, and knew it well enough to get through it without any guides for the Japanese version. The last mission aspect is a whole different story. It is NOTHING like the main game. The battles were tricky, and it got pretty boring really quick. But I did manage to beat it completely. (It took SO MUCH guess work and restarts to understand which items were what, and what the traps were etc. But this is looking pretty cool. I'm excited to see this patch happen.

I actually have this game (played using swap magic) and beat it not knowing a single word of Japanese. The normal story doesn't change (besides the whole creature capture feature) Which I used to replace Paine with Lulu in my party. I was pretty familiar with the story, and knew it well enough to get through it without any guides for the Japanese version. The last mission aspect is a whole different story. It is NOTHING like the main game. The battles were tricky, and it got pretty boring really quick. But I did manage to beat it completely. (It took SO MUCH guess work and restarts to understand which items were what, and what the traps were etc. But this is looking pretty cool. I'm excited to see this patch happen.

Wow thats exactly what I did. I used multiple translation guides, and had to keep track of my items and organize them, and familiarize myself with this and that. In the end I was able to captured the best characters, beat Major Numerus, and get like x20 iron dukes lol. And it took around 199 hours, but it was still extremely fun. Now, using this English patch, the gameplay will be perfectly playable, although I'm unsure what else will be done besides the gameplay and menus, etc.

Btw there is also a code you can use to control the captured creatures manually, and it is AWESOME. I will remember to post it on here when the patch is all done, as the code really makes all the difference in the world xD

On account of the fact that the topic does technically fall under illegal content in the site rules, I'm going to have to close this thread on the safe side unfortunately.

[Thread Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back