[FF V] why does everyone hate this game?

The epic of Gilgamesh covers alot of things, but travelling is one of the themes, I think in the quest for immortality. Following Enkidu's death Gilgamesh see's what death is, hates the sound of it and travels across the world to find a cure for his own death and become immortal. Then the journey home and then realising that he was a fool and wasted the cure!

I've yet to read it myself, but will probably read my copy sometime soon, as I shall probably need to for my second year at Uni (I'm studying Ancient History, and one of the modules I have to take is the Near East).

This game is great! You plan strategies with Job Abilities, with spells and with summons! I don't encounter it as a bogus and dumb game.

Its probadly not appreciated as much perhaps because its an older game 2D graphics and all.
Personally i thought it was ok, nothing special, the only thing i really disliked was the job system, something ive never been a fan of. It definately was very poor in comparison to FFIV, storywise, and also the characters were also much simpler there wasnt anything interesting about them.
Still when it was first released it was probadly one of the best games around but compared to the other FF games it lacks.

Well the story was attempting to return to the crystal theme of the first game, which can explain the simpler story. But there was so much more going on at the same time. The villain Ex-Death was one of the most fearsome villains in games yet, not since I fought Sephiroth or Kefka have I wanted revenge on a villain so much.

Also, this game came up with a great mode of transport that we haven't seen in a Final Fantasy before or since. What other Final Fantasy's let you ride a dragon?!

Sure thing though, there were only 5 playable characters, the characters weren't that distinct apart from perhaps Faris (I think she was excellent, I love pirates!). But still, for me it seemed to work. I loved the Warriors of Dawn, and seeing them help at the end was great. This game also produced many memorable scenes. Sure it might not have the classic feel of FFIV and FFVI, with deep characters and a large cast, but FFV is often a Final Fantasy overlooked. I enjoyed it and did not rate it lower than FFIV, FFVI or FFVII, but for different reasons that I liked them.

I don't like it -__-

The jobs were annoying and it was too bloody hard, I was either constantly lost or having my arse handed to me. This game needs to burn in hell -__-

At first i didn't like it because the characters seem weak but as it went along i really enjoyed the story and the characters grew on me especially bartz.

I didn't really feel it until about half way through the game... Though that's not to say that I hate it. I'm going to go back and play through again soon. See if I can get more into it.

It's not an awful game... I just found it a little more difficult to actually enjoy... for some reason

I didn't really like it. The story line seemed too simple, it got alright once I reached the second world, but it was still pretty simple. The characters were too boring, the only characters I really liked were Gilgamesh and Faris. The job system was interesting, but it made the game extremely boring when you had to stay in an area and level your jobs. So those are a few reasons why I didn't really like this game.

Most people complain about this game by the fact the game is hard, Jobs take too much time to build, etc. Not really, I have completed the whole game (speaking of the FFV: Advance which is twice harder and challenging) and didn't master ALL jobs, only the ones that were useful.

At a certain point of the game (providing you did Master the correct jobs) you can nail +20000 Damage each turn to an single enemy. The game isn't hard...if you train your characters correctly.

Personally I liked this game, it was hard, long and spent some good worth hours. The storyline was nice, we witnessed many characters
suiciding/dying
And all the Gilgamesh encounters were epic, the only thing I disliked was most summons were pretty much useless, except Golem and maybe Phoenix.

It would be nice if Gilgamesh had joined the team. =]

I enjoy the game but I do agree about the characters and what not. The amount of customization you can do is alot of fun due to all the classes available. Plus the storyline isn't all that bad and it does have it's moments like when bartz and galuf check in on faris.

I don't think it's the worst game of the series, but it certainly isn't up there with the best. The Job system was very hard to work with and to perfect, and the characters were not so memorable compared to past FF's and future, though they were still pretty cool, especially Bartz. The bosses were tough and the overall challenge of the game was difficult. So overall it wasn't the best but it definitely is not the worst either.

I am really starting to enjoy this game, the game starts out SLOW, even slower than FFVIII which is a problem for some. Once I got, well to the second world, not sure what percentage it took me to get to, the game really started to pick up. (I just took down the antenna)

But once you get to the second world, the plot starts to pick up, Gauf is more noticeable, I didnt like him at first, but he is really starting to shine and I think him and his puns are pretty awesome. Farris is okay, anyone who is a pirate gets street cred in my book, other than that, the characters are a little meh...Bartz is okay, he is starting to grow on me though.

I like the job system, it takes a bit of time to get use to (which some people may not like), but once you get the hang of it, it makes the game unique. I only wish I had the option to choose two secondary abililtes from another class instead of 1.

The only reason I hate it...THE ONLY REASON...is because the Extra bosses are ridiculously broken. Everything else is okay.

The only reason I hate it...THE ONLY REASON...is because the Extra bosses are ridiculously broken. Everything else is okay.

you can't hate a game for that man, the game was so awesome in every way
the extra bosses require alot of level up time but that just more of a good challenge

Well... I don´t know about the others, but I really loved this game. It was really joyful and some characters are really lovely (Galuf <3).

I admit that this game had a lot of options, but i think it was to many options, for example: the jobs, the were like 21 options and each of them had their own spells and stuff.

I admit that this game had a lot of options, but i think it was to many options, for example: the jobs, the were like 21 options and each of them had their own spells and stuff.

replay value my friend, this lets you choose your own combinations to get throughout the game, and gain with a different party, and then you feel REALLY accomplished once you've mastered them all :P

I enjoy this game actually, I thought that the storyline was actually pretty fun, it was one of the more comedic final fantasy games, and the job class system added some strategy to it, unless you levelled up all of them for every character, but that would just be annoying and slow.

Back