Fastest Chocobo

Totoro

Punisher of Woes
Gil
Dunno if this has already been covered or not,

but what's the fastest chocobo you've managed to raise?

My Golden chocobo has speed of 152, now im sure much faster ones can be bred, and iv yet to check my original game to see what that one is. (JUST checked at somehow in my game, back in the day, i managed to get a 162! no idea how!)

Also anyone heard rumours of an underwater chocobo and using it to find diamond weapon, or is this just a rumour?

Last edited:
My fastest Chocobo had 150 speed, and it's a rumor there are many rumors never mind it though >.>

An underwater Chocobo doesn't exist! It's just a mere rumor. My fastest was a 155 speed Chocob, it cost me A LOT OF WORK raising it.

well in my best save file for ff7 my fastest chocobo speed was 140 to 150 somewhere around there since i haven't used that file in a while.

I was also wondering if it is possible to get more than 999 stamina because everytime i faced that teioh guy he would have 1205 stamina

all i know was 999 stamina (max)
and max speed 150-160 something

thank you greens that cost 5k from chocobo sage

well in my best save file for ff7 my fastest chocobo speed was 140 to 150 somewhere around there since i haven't used that file in a while.

I was also wondering if it is possible to get more than 999 stamina because everytime i faced that teioh guy he would have 1205 stamina

Teioh will always have better stats than you, and greater stamina, so you have to beat him on tactics, but still with an really good golden chocobo.

I followed a breeding guide to apparently get a 176 speed chocobo, which is max, but i ended up wih about a 155! rubbish!:neomon:

Two goldens? Wow, I thought about it, but I was too scared.

But golden's always faster than black. Even if you put it in "Automatic", I bet 9/10 times, the golden chocobo wins.

My fastest speed was aroung 150-160. But what I did notice is that female chocobos are faster than male chocobos. And I could not get a male black chocobo even thougth I saved the game and tried again and again by loading the file, trying then turning the game off again. I tried about 20 times, then gave up and trained a new male wonderfull chocobo

ummm i forget hwo fast mine was.. but all i remember it was a gold chocobo :D it felt easy beating that black chocobo with teh gold one D:

160-170 I think but I'll have to find my memory card to find out :D

My Gold Chocobo is about 157 I think, I should remember really what with doing about 50 races yesterday just to get the STUPID magic counter materia -__-

Stamina is 999 obviously :monster:

I spent a ridiculous amount of time breeding/racing chocobos, and the amount of gil I spent on those highly priced Syliks greens was through the roof. My memory is rather hazy, but if I remember, the top speed of my fastest gold chocobo was somewhere around 165 – the black chocobo, TEIOH, had a top speed of about 180!

Here's a lovely trick that I like doing after you get the Highwind: (Which this only applies to when Cloud is out of the party. When he comes back, then ... well screw this trick and you can do this normally. This is rather hard since the Gold Saucer is closed while he's away so they (chocobos) cannot train to become S-Class racers.

Visit Chocobo Sage in the northern continent deep within the mountains - The Highwind is required. Ask him about the different types of chocobos like River, Mountain or Black, etc... He'll give you the scoop. After that, go back to the Chocobo farm and talk to Choco Bill's daughter, Chloe so that she'll keep track of them for ya. (purchase stalls at the ranch so that they can hang on to them for ya - I like to get 4) Also get some Reagan Greens to make it easier to actually capture them.

To get a black choco, you flat out need a blue and green first.

WARNING: THIS WILL COST A FORTUNE AND WILL REQUIRE PATIENCE

To get a green or blue, you need a nut that is not sold in stores: a Carob nut. Just steal it from the mobs that roam the woods near bone village.

Then go hunt for the chocobos themselves in the Gold Saucer area or Mideel area (they are listed as good or great chocos) Go back and talk to choco Billy to find out which one are the keepers. (he will say the keyword of either 'great' or 'good' - you need one of each: male and female) Fine bam, boom... you're done.

Due to the lack of training available, feed them buy lots of Syklis greens until their stats max out or when it says that it has no effect.

Save your game then breed (obviously male and female mechanics apply). The result is either normal, blue, or green. If it's not what you want, simply reload and repeat the steps to get the other chocobo. ~ the reason why it could still be 'normal' is because the Gold Saucer is closed and they cannot train to become S-class racers. The parents need time to recover so you may want to get another set of parents to produce the other choco, but that's a waste of money, but I do it anyway to save time.

You can't do anymore at this time and need to advance the story to actually find Cloud and then Tifa briefly leaves the party and Barret takes over.

Use the Blue and Green (who are no longer newborn chocos) and mate to get a black one... so after paying a small fortune in Syklis greens, and max out its stats again, save your game, breed with Carob nut. Again, since the Gold Saucer is not available at this time.

Then end result is a Black Chocobo.

About that Gold choc at this time there is a major catch: The game doesn't allow you to breed it since the Black is considered a 'newborn' and again, you must advance the story that results in getting Tifa and Cloud back.

To get a gold, breed the black choco with a wonderful choco (found near Icicle Inn) - you will need to talk to Choco Billy to find out which one is a keeper. He will use the keyword 'wonderful'. Now you have the required chocobos... and IF you want, you can stuff them full of those same greens (if you still have the gil but I doubt it) but even so... the nut required, Zeio is rather rare and hard to get.

That Zeio nut is found in the Goblin Forest northeast of the farm and not easy to get to way too far in deep water for the Tiny Bronco or Blue/Black Choco and way too small for The Highwind to land on easily - in fact it can be frustrating. (but you can actually get it in advance and just hang on to it) But when you do get there, steal it from the goblins and get that Zeio nut!

Now that Cloud and Tifa are back, the Gold Saucer is open again so you can ACTUALLY train this time. Definitely a requirement. Then to that save thing and good luck.

Enjoy your imbred Choco ^^;

Tho, on a personal note: There's really no need to get a black or gold choco that quick other than bragging rights to your friends. But it at least saves the annoyance of racing in most cases.

TL;DR = How to breed a chocobo very fast with out access to the Gold Saucer, which means no training / racing. Something to do after the WEAPONS are summoned and while Cloud is missing.

Last edited:
my fastest was a gold male at about 165ish.
as for that insanely long post you don't need to advance the story(though it can help)
all you need to do is battle. i also advise that during the breeding process you sell a mastered ALL materia its worth ALOT of gil and if you buy the right green will cover maxing out 1- 1/2 chocobos stats. the greens i advise using are the tantel greens bought from choco bill, they advance all three stats and are easier on the wallet.

what i also advise doing is buying out all the stalls (its not anybody else needs them)

My highest chocobo was a gold chocobo with speed of 155mph. All my other chocobos on my other game files are below 99mph. I don't play my FFVII game anymore which is why I don't bother too much with training chocobos.

Last edited:
Back