extremely furious (and feels dumb too)

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
a week ago, I said that I ordered FFXIII for xbox version online. This is because, for some STUPID AND UNREASONABLE REASONS, the country I live in do not have xbox 360 version of the game.

Well, I was very dumb to order the US xbox360 version. It turns out that when I popped in the disc, it says, "this disc's region code is incorrect for this console."

I know I should have researched before hand on this region compatibility thingy.

Nevertheless, I am very furious. I feel extremely dumb too. I just wasted US$60+ dollars for nothing...

I have written an email to the online store. I hope I can get a full refund.

but the whole point is....

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BADLY I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME :rage: I even had dreams of me playing the game in an auditorium with movie-sized screen. I am obsessed with its music that I even buy the sheet music book from amazon just to play the pieces...

my ps3 is broken beyond repair and I can't be bothered to buy another one. I just bought the xbox too...

*cries in one corner*

Oh dear, that's a bit of a pickle. :hmmm:
Yeah, if it was the PS3 version, they're region-free I think so you wouldn't have a problem but 360's aren't, shame really.

You should be able to get a refund, i'd be suprised if you couldn'. If your country doesn't have a 360 version, i'm not sure what to recommend really.
Perhaps look online at your possible options?

Um.......if your country does not allow the Xbox 360 version to be imported how were you able to purchase it? Did you order from a games retailer in your country or from an overseas seller? you should be able to get a full refund under them advertising a region restricted game.

I feel your pain regarding the PS3 being broken.........mine fried it self after I got home from work one night, fortunately I do plan to buy a new 1 with in the month, it had all my music on there!

Also which is the country youl live in that you would order the US version instead of your regional choice? sounds strange........as in :wacky: your not missing much with FFXIII so waiting a bit more wont hurt you.

Last edited:
I purchased the game online, from an international seller (specifically for Asia).

From what I have read, the xbox versions are only for europe and american release. It's not available in Asia. So I thought by buying the USA version through online store, I could play it. I didnt know about this regional protection thing (yea I am dumb)

but I heard news that they are releasing the international FFXIII xbox version in Japan soon. But I guess it will be in Japanese, except that it was stated that you can have english dubs.

thanks all anyway. I hope I can get past the grief quickly.

Last edited:
You need not feel dumb kid!

All the crap about region free and regional limits are difficult to remember.........lm not sure but if your in asia your in the PAL territories which be the same as australia l think, IDRK its been a while since l was limited.

We all feel dumb sometimes.......this 1 time l put my step fathers car through a brick wall!:holyshit:=feeling bumb lol

The problem probably arose because there wasn't a Asian XBOX 360 version of the game. It was PS3 only - until recently. I don't know if the 360 version of Asia it out just yet though :hmmm:

But yeah, ouch. You have my sympathies. Hope you can get a refund too ^^;

Back