Eww/Ouch, I don't wanna touch that.

Kim Taehyung

You shine brighter than anyone ✨
Veteran
Gil
I'm creating a piece for my art class.

I'm taking 4 cell phones and covering the outer part (the one your hand touches while talking on it) with some sort of texture that would make you really, really not wanna touch it.

Example:
One cell phone will have thumbtacks glued to it, pointy side out.

Would you wanna hold that phone? :andry:

They don't have to be painful, but the touch of it needs to be unpleasant.

and this is in Costa cause I dunno where else to put it. :mokken:

Are you asking for ideas? :hmmm:

If so, try something sticky that will transfer to your fingers if you touch the phone. I HATE sticky textures. :ness: I imagine a lot of people wouldn't want to touch a slimy texture...

What about spiders? :lew: Lots of people hate spiders... Eugh, I'm not scared of them but I couldn't face that. ;)

Could you heat one up or something? Maybe put it in a see-through showcase box to carry? I'm not sure of others, other than the phobia thing that Lirael mentioned :)
Actually, expanding on that, maybe a clown nose that honks when you pick the phone up?

MC Hammer or shit.
No one can touch MC Hammer.
No one wants to touch shit. When you get 100% please remember to credit me.

THUMBTACKS.

thumbtack.jpg

Turd. :wacky: They're the little stabby things you can hang things with.

Sounds awfully interesting, why would they give you an assignment like that? :lew:

Honey is very sticky, very easy to obtain and most of all...it isn't toxic. Coat it lightly with honey.

theyre the things you used to put on your teachers seat back at school in hope shed sit on it. She always saw them though.

Could always mash up some bannans and wrap them up in plastic layers, and do them in layers. Then got some honey and nuts, it will be so gooey and hard no one will wanna touch it.

Could always mash up some bannans and wrap them up in plastic layers, and do them in layers. Then got some honey and nuts, it will be so gooey and hard no one will wanna touch it.

...that sounds delicious!!

what about some of that gooey putty stuff you can get from toy stores :hmmm:

1. Print out small images of Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Lady Gaga & tape them on as a form of collage?

2. Cover it in human hair, human characteristics: a beard, ears, afro, etc.

3. Wrap it in maxi pads, lip gloss, lip stick, eye liner, mascara, etc. That would surely make some not want to touch it?

4. A wax candle or something rubbed on the exterior to make it tacky?

5. Water balloons glued to the exterior could have a strange texture sensation.

eh, I really dont know. :wacky:

-Glue plastic roaches & bugs on it. Or, if you're the sadistic type I s'pose you could use real roaches and bugs. :ohshit:

-Cover it in glass shards. Maybe too dangerous.

-Cover in glue and roll in a box of sand. It could retain a gritty, abrasive, texture some might find uncomfortable.

Hope at least some of these help. lol

:wacky:

Shit on it. I doubt anyone would want to touch shit. If you do, you can call them Mr. ShittyFingers.

Okay, i love a lot of these so far. :rofl:

Six: the assignment was to change the texture of an everyday object...i came up with the rest. :andry:

Bambi:...:rofl: love that.

And i like the sand idea, the wax idea i thought about, and AddleBoy, i know a way to make fake poop, so i might do that.

The chewed gum idea is briliant. :andry:

Thanks for the help! If anyone has anymore ideas, keep posting. Thank you!

I was thinking pubes and shit myself. :hmmm:

What if you wrap one in a condom?

Also, since the point of this is to make them gross/disturbing to touch, how are you planning on taking these to class? :wacky:

All potential one liners removed, sorry folks. Keep up the posting otherwise. To add to it, so I'm not a hypocrite here.

I hate touching carpet, for whatever reason I get this sick feeling in the back of my throat when I touch it with my fingers or toes. Almost as bad as the sound of a fork scraping against a plate.

You could also put it in one of those Saw-esque death trap things. If you want the phone, you have to cut your hand off to get it. :rage:

Oh, they're gonna be made in the same area in which they'll be presented, so it's not too much of a problem. :hmmm:

Someone at work told me dip them in a bunch of fish hooks. 8( not sure about that.

What about a sanitary pad and some beetroot juice and just flood the fucking thing, bath it in it for a day and put it in the microwave for a few seconds to give it that crusty effect then use double sided tape to stick it on.... and you have a winner!!

Apart from that, you can use stinging nettles (if they grow in your area) or that sticky tape that captures bugs and insects.

With the shit idea you could always melt a chocolate bar like Mars or Snickers or anything with nuts or caramel inside it to give it that sort of look and texture.

Think that fanny pad idea is best though :D

Back