[E3'2010] Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday E3 Gameplay Trailer [6/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg. I REALLY want this now. I just recently played the first Parasite Eve and absolutely loved it. It looks like they've brought Yoko Shimomura back on for the music for this. I know she didn't do the OST for PE II which kinda sucks, as the PE OST is AMAZING. I recognized the song playing at the beginning right away as a rearranged version of a song from the original, as well as the tidbit of the song being played in the gameplay footage as a rearranged version of the battle theme. I am REALLY looking forward to this. Can't wait for it to come out.

It looks pretty kewl (potentially too gory for me, but if it's rated T, it can't be that bad), but could I play this game without playing the first two? :hmmm:

And seriously, I honestly don't mean this in a bad way because I love Nomura's designs, but everyone calling Lightning a Cloud clone, check out Aya right here xD

Lol yeah. Aya has always reminded me of a female cloud... even more so in the first game... :hmmm: The first game wasn't TOO gory... and it was rated M... but that was going by 1998 standards.. I'm pretty sure PE would be given a T rating today :hmmm: I'm not sure if you'll have to have played the first two to understand it though... From what I have read it won't be a sequel, more of a spin off of the main series, although how that works remains to be seen...

from Wikipedia :hmmm:
The 3rd Birthday is a spin-off of the Parasite Eve series, which is why "Parasite Eve" has been excluded from its title. The title references the third appearance of Aya Brea and the significant changes for the design of the game compared to its predecessors. However, as it has the number "3" in the name and is the third game in the "Parasite Eve" series, fans have been referring to the game as "Parasite Eve 3".
:hmmm:

*EDIT* ... I use that smiley a lot...

Although the trailer was short, what I've seen of the gameplay footage looks alright so far. Nothing amazing though - but intriguing nonetheless. I hope Hexadrive does a good job with this because the PSP really needs strong releases this year to stop it sinking into oblivion.

I've always loved Aya Brea's design though, and I agree - in terms of appearance, it's more apt anyday to compare Aya to Cloud than Lightning to Cloud.

Now I'm waiting to see more of Agito XIII, although it may not even turn up.......:hmmm:

Whoa shes so bloody in that trailer. Ok I AM OFFICIALLY GOING CRAZY. I love Paasite eve and this is what I was waiting for a good 3rd person shooter on the psp! The trailer is awesome!

Hmm,

It doesn't look all that bad.

Though, I have no guarantees that i'll be getting it. Considering I don't have a PSP anymore :(

Maybe I can borrow my dads PSP and play it on there xD.

I haven't played the first two but still, maybe i'll give this a shot. It looks rather interesting.

That game looks like it will be an instant buy with me. Now I just have to play PE2 before this game comes out. The battle system looks pretty different from the first game though. Is that what the battle system in PE2 was like?

That game looks like it will be an instant buy with me. Now I just have to play PE2 before this game comes out. The battle system looks pretty different from the first game though. Is that what the battle system in PE2 was like?

I actually just finished PE2 about 3-4 weeks ago. Think of RE when you think of PE2's gameplay. It only paused when you used the parasite powers. Other than that, it was like RE2/RE3 gameplay wise.

This looks more like Syphon Filter to me gameplay wise, or more action oriented. More third person-ish.

Wow cool! I'm looking forward to this. The battle system or uh. The gamplay changed. It looks more action oriented than the past two. That's one reason that I'm going to get this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back