Did you ever overuse a summon just for show,not power

King Sean

I am the bone of my sword.....steel is my body and
Veteran
Gil
I want to know who overused a summon because it looked cool or pretty or had a cool looking overdrive or any other reason.I used the magus sisters over and over because their attack animation was cool and i have seen them in previous games

Yes. I totally overused Shiva because I adore the way she's designed. I think she's amazing. I also overused Anima when I got it for the same reason (as well as the fact that it's so strong)

Yes, in all FF's I tended to use a lot of summons just because I liked the flashy lght effects and summon animation as opposed to which actually delt the heaviest damage.
Only if the enemy proved to be troublesome did I then start spamming the most powerful again and again.

It was the same with FFX. Shiva and Ifrit were the two I tended to use more often because I enjoyed watching them.

Nah, I get bored of watching the same summoning sequence over and over again....although, tbf, if I WAS going to spam one just for how it looked, it'd be Animas oblivion, but I shorten the sequences anyway..... I'm jus ttoo impatient to sit and watch them over and over...which reminds me, I still haven't set the seqence to shorten, if I have to sit through Hell Fire one more time I swear I'l scream -_-

ROFL Oh Kellz. :P For me it was Shiva and The Magus Sisters. Their summon effects were so brilliantly done. Those are the ones I could watch over and over and over again. Now I can't stand sitting through Hellfire, Megaflare or Thor's Hammer. I do, however, like Valefor's overdrive, Energy Ray I think it's called? I just love that jet of light and then the explosion that follows. xD

I tend to do this with all FF games. I usually just use the summon which looks the coolest unless I am trying to exploit a weakness or I am up against a tough boss. But with FFX, I thought most of the summon sequences were cool. However, I wasn't that big a fan of Ixion, the Magus Sisters or Valefor's summoning sequences so I steered clear from them.

I found them all tedious. If I summon an aeon it's because I want to use it not look at pretty graphics stuff, because that stuff doesn't really interest me at all. I play a game for the story, not for visual stuff. I always use a summon at least once to see what it's like but after that I onlu use it if I need to.

Mwahahaha, i overused all of them when i first got them. They were so badass when i got each one, then i got Anima and i don't think i ever even hafta use any other aeon besides him.

Overused Bahamut cause I just love how he stands, haha! He reminds me of a bouncer, plus his intro is pretty cool. Gives him off as being a laidback kind of summon, tis awesome.

In FFX I overused Shiva's cool curves for show. Nuff said.

If we are going to spam up the thread with oneliners I'll just shift this over to FF Fun :)

I generaly summon my Aeons only for the really difficult enimies and bosses. Apart from that I never summoned them.

I actually Overused Shiva so much in the game it is not even funny XD. I also used Anima alot when I got her and the Maggy sisters. But I lOve Shiva and her overdrive is so beast!! Maggy sisters have a cool summon opening. Yes I do agree that the summon sequences do get boring if you waych them over and over againb. But I do it anyway XD.

I overused the Magus Sisters when training in the Omega Ruins. They just made the battles so pathetically cheap that I was able to train really quickly. xD The Magus Sisters are amazing, quite frankly, so I used them all the time. xD

Shiva. I often summoned her because Mum liked watching her overdrive, and I think Shiva's really beautiful - and when she started hitting 9,999 out of nowhere I got overexcited <_<

Last edited:
Overused Bahamut cause I just love how he stands, haha! He reminds me of a bouncer, plus his intro is pretty cool. Gives him off as being a laidback kind of summon, tis awesome.
Hehe. I noticed that too. I was always wondering why he stood like that. Perhaps he's got something up his ass, and it was bothering him so that's why he always stands so stiff? Haha. Or maybe Bahamut is just insecure and crosses his arms cuz' he thinks he'll look like a badass. But what he doesn't realize is that he just needs a HUGE fucking sword to overcompensate (Like a certain prior protagonist).

I didn't use it that much, but still used it more than I needed.
I mainly used Bahamut at first. He was strong and cool. Sometimes used him in order to swip some annoying enemies and sometimes simply to use the "cool Aeons". Later, I got Yujimbo and was using him in order to kill enemies with a lot of HP (Zanmato of course :highfive:). So Bahamut lost his role.

As Yuna was a White Mage type, I didn't use her much during battles. So she didn't receive any points. I needed to upgrade her, one way or another, so I used Aeons. I didn't want to waste money, so I used Shiva because I am a Shiva fan :P. She looks great in this game, the best of all other FFs I think.
The more I saw her, the more I wanted to use her. And so I overused her a lot... even turned the cut scene of the Aeons to "Short" because seeing the original length of them each time will be tiring

Back