Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
**WARNING Spoilers will be RIFE**

Why is this game so addictive D:

I havent played it for at least 5 or 6 years so it's almost like Im going through it for the first time again, although I do remember bits and peices

I'm like 31 hours in & I'm only up to Cleyra. I have to say Iwas annoyed at the disc change though, I was liek ALREADY?! zomg wot?

I stayed up til 4 am last night, well, this morning looking for bloody chocographs and such like until I could find no more. Choco said no apparently, then I decided since I had spent so much time in there I might as wel do abit of the story so it feels like Ive done something

I find myself doing more training than Im used to because I want to learn all the abilities I can before I get something new to learn

And it's just so pretty and engaging, I ahd to make myself go to bed D:

It's about time I played a game I could really get into and enjoy after that last few months of ball aches.

Yes, its the best Final Fantasy IMO. I think its pretty addictive because of the way your characters learn abilities, from equipping stuff. So, you just bought a new, more powerful weapon, and you wanna use it but you haven't learned the abilities from your old one yet, so you go and grind and train until you're finished learning it so you can equip a new one. Its the best system.

I want to play it again myself, but my sister's still having her first playthrough, at a sluggish pace. =/
What did you name everyone?
I didn't play many of the side games the first time.

I kept everyone the same I always do, apart from Garnet who I refuse to call Dagger ever because it's a SHIT name. So I called her Cassy

I have to go mooching back down the Cleyra tree trunk now because Quina has got shimself in a spot of bother D:

Idiot

I hate when Ihave to go trekking around ....and on my own too D:

IM COMING QUINA....you fat mess D:

I've been thinking about playing this again...but for some reason I can't find my game. o.o I'm sure it's in the basement but the whereabouts is unknown. >.>

I must say that looking for chocographs is probably one of the most enjoyable things in the game. And seriously, who names Garnet as 'Dagger' anyway? =/ Such unappealing name.

I've overplayed this by a horrendous amount, so I can't say I quite enjoy as much as I used to, anymore. Still, it's a very engaging game - albeit fairly unchallenging, it's got enough features and characteristics to maintain interest.

Laziness strikes when it comes to being able to play Hot & Cold, but it's so worth doing for:

A) The items found digging;
B) The treasure chest goodies from chocographs

Very rarely have I left a corner of Choco's 'grounds' uncovered as to collect every damn Chocograph out there, and I can't say I'm too ashamed of admitting that. ;p Can get tedious though.

Dammit, at first i regarded Quina as a she, then thought of it as sexless, its better that way, also Quina is one of the best and strongest characters IMO. The only character i never actually used was Amarant, never. And i only used Ekio sometimes.

Agreed about Quina; once it learns Tornado and Earth Shake, it's a huge asset to any party. White Wind may not be as useful as a party-wide Curaga, but that's why it also has Auto-Life; valid and highly advantageous compensation. Ultimately, Quina is a very strong character, but having to Eat anything and everything to attain its comprehensive move-set is apparently off putting.

... which is understandable. >_>

I kept everyone the same I always do, apart from Garnet who I refuse to call Dagger ever because it's a SHIT name. So I called her Cassy

I called her Garnet this time because I refused to call her Dagger. Cassy? Just like the name or does it have some sort of relevance?

And It is a great game, I forgot so much about it and think I only played it a couple of times before now! And now I'm starting to use all the characters whereas before I think I just stuck to Zi, Vi, Sti, and Dagger. I have a rotation thing going on now!!:P

I couldn't decide what to call her and it was bugging me, then Casanova slidled into the shoutbox and Iwas like AH -HA! He advised me to call her John first

Anyhoooo

I have just left that tree thing, is it Iifa or Lifa.....? D:

I got absolutely bum rapedby some STUPID zombie efforts on a leaf taking me down to the bottom. One was NOT amused. Eiko's yelling incoming, and they BACK ATTACK ME :gasp: Yeah because we didn't see THAT one coming -__-

2 of them rouletted me - so I was 2 down before I even got to say bollocksneedtochangerows, then the OTHER 2 used some melt move, killed Eiko INSTANTLY, and because I was still waiting for my move to shift Zidane back in the front row, he was low on health and couldn't heal after he had been melted, then the little git did it again.

It was so humiliating -_-

I am so eager to get back digging in a chocobo forest, I need an airship like now

I also felt rather sad in the Black Mage Village when mr. 288 was waffling about the life expectancies of the mages and the others didn't understand what death was

This game is alot deeper than I initially gave it credit for ;_;

I'm finally close to completing this-it's rather pathetic it's my favorite FF game but I never beat it. Want to know why? Yeah, I stepped on disc 4 right before I had to switch to it. >_< But this time I won't do it, ya here? I won't.

And I like Quina-they're actually quite useful, more so than Amarant or Eiko. And, amusing as hell.

I'm reading through this, and i can't help but thinking..
AAHHH, me wants to plaayy..

It was the first Final Fantasy i ever played ^^
And i got 5 people addicted to this game, they all bought it as well..
The first time stays the best time though, when everything is new and wow..

Seriously love this game too much

I got absolutely bum rapedby some STUPID zombie efforts on a leaf taking me down to the bottom. One was NOT amused. Eiko's yelling incoming, and they BACK ATTACK ME :gasp: Yeah because we didn't see THAT one coming -__-

2 of them rouletted me - so I was 2 down before I even got to say bollocksneedtochangerows, then the OTHER 2 used some melt move, killed Eiko INSTANTLY, and because I was still waiting for my move to shift Zidane back in the front row, he was low on health and couldn't heal after he had been melted, then the little git did it again.

It was so humiliating -_-

I am so eager to get back digging in a chocobo forest, I need an airship like now

I also felt rather sad in the Black Mage Village when mr. 288 was waffling about the life expectancies of the mages and the others didn't understand what death was

This game is alot deeper than I initially gave it credit for ;_;

Funny you should mention the zombies, I was there on disk 3 trying to get quina to learn roulette. Except I was too hard to kill them enough to eat without killing them outright, so Zidane had a crappy dagger.

Then the kept back attacking me and before i got to eat, they either Rouletted themselves to death, or melted!!!!!:confused:

was not happy, took about half an hour just to learn that!!

Oh fantastic.....that means I have to go back and get Quina to eat one.....not that I'd ever use roulette mind. I can imagine it back firing on me

I'm back at Treno now, I got to see a lovely fmv with Kuja on his dragon getting attacked by Bahamut.....he wears red eye shadow....what an idiot. Red eyeshadow is NOT nice. I need to have words with him I do

Anyway, I'm fannying around in Treno, but I need to go back to Alexandria because I forgot to get a letter from the moogle. Oh yay. Also need to go back to Dali....if Ican even remember how to get there nd Gizmalukes grotto because I have a Kupo Nut burning a hole in my pocket. I hate tying up farty lose ends. Does my box in

Got this card tournament to look forward to aswel. I had the teachings of our Saix, but I bet I still lose, after beating Eve in Dali, I haven't been swotting up on it, doesn't have quite the same appeal as the card game in VIII. And max 100 cards? That sucks -__-

I started getting into the cardgame recently but only after finding some decent ones on chocochests. (yeah, I've made a word up) and trying to get some new ones, but it is rubbish how you can only hold 100! Anyone know how cards level up?

I like Treno, but the darkness thing is annoying, esp if the sun is shining of the tv screen, makes it impossible to see! :mad:

Wish i was at home now playing on my game instead of stupid work!!

Funnily enough, I actually liked the IX card game a lot more than VIII. I don't know why, but I never really figured out (even after looking it up) how to play VIII's card game...but IX was easy to figure out and fun, even if I constantly lose at it! :D It's a pity they stopped putting card games in-they were always an nice, deep minigame that ate up an ton of time.

Ha, I have to admit, much prefered the card game of VIII to IX, infact to any other game going.

Back to your original post though, yeah IX is hella-addicting. It has its good parts and its bad parts, (Such as Levelling up, learning abilities and Pandemonium onwards to Oglops respectivly) I'm not sure I would lay down as the best FF, but it's hard to give any title that uhh title. However, I could EASILY rate it one of the top ones even if Eiko did my (Kupo!) nut in.

Oh yeah, whilst I'm thinking about it congrats to anyone who bothers with Quina, I found the 'thing' near impossible. Vivi, Steiner, Zidane and Garnet is where it's at. :P Of course, replacing with Freya/Amarant when parties are lost. :(

Quina's pretty good really I think, Mighty Guard and White wind are handy. As is frog drop when you collect a lot of frogs
think its number of frogs X Quina's level determines damage

And I havn't got it yet but think twister or tornado or something is good. and if you learn level 5 death, kills grand dragons so thats a fair whack of exp right there!:P

Mighty Guard is annoyingly costly in IX - being one of two reasons why I don't use it. The second being how poor the longevity of Shell, Haste, Regen and Protect effects are. It seems to be one of few bots on Quina's magic list.

Zombie's aren't the only monster you can learn Roulette from - so you needn't fret over confrontations with them... besides, it's more of a last resort spell to be honest. As for the card tournament... make sure you save between matches, Hips; the tactic I gave you should hold up, but a couple of them might use it against you too. Better safe than sorry, and you might want to to employ two strong cards as opposed to the advised singular, still using them last.

I remember training in that field above Gizamaluke's Grotto, where I fought Garuda's first and then moved on to the Grand Dragon afterwards. It was just an amazing feeling to be able to beat such high level monsters so early in the game. As I got stronger and stronger, it became easier and easier. When I finally pressed on you can imagine how easy the challenges I faced were.

Back