Cloud's Jenova Cells...and his future

Hmm, :hmmm:

I guess I just assumed he had Jenova cells injected into him because Hojo did and both Vincent and Hojo's monster forms look exactly the same >.< So I just put two and two together.

both Vincent and Hojo's monster forms look exactly the same

Which one? Gallian Beast, the Chainsaw guy, Choas?

In uetero, before the nucleotydes in DNA and the peptides in the Brain have taken there final position, you can splyce in desired genetic traits and take out disease causing cells to make a srong fetus.

Given how close Hojo was to licrecia he would have been able to closely check the genetic structure of the young Sephiroth, and make desired changes to the fetus
FFVII didnt really divulge how Hojo altered the baby Seph.

Its possible Hojo just injected Sephiroth and left him alone to see what would happen
but this just sounds reckless, which would be up Hojos alley lol

There are a few misconceptions in this thread. Firstly, Vincent & Genesis do not have Jenova cells. The explanation for Genesis's abilitieis is "gene mapping," which is simply reorganizing the genome to resemble Jenova's.

Also, the Jenova cells are very much not destroyed. Yes, yes, I saw Geostigma being cured, but that proves nothing except that Geostigma was cured. If the Cetra couldn't destroy Jenova & the Planet couldn't destroy Jenova then there's no way that Great Gospel could have destroyed Jenova.

Great Gospel needn't have necessarily cured Geostigma in that fashion. Afterall, it injured the Remnants, who had no Jenova cells inside of them. Great Gospel has always been a healing skill. Eliminating a plague & destroying undead are just par for the course for it.

As to the question in the topic, it seems as though Cloud just plans to adopt. Regardless of whether or not he has kids, there will still be Jenova cells. Sure, right now, Sephiroth's being is "focused around his hatred of Cloud," but that could change & Cloud's still alive. Either Sephiroth needs to accept his own demise or something needs to happen to destroy his ability to ressurrect for good.

There are a few misconceptions in this thread. Firstly, Vincent & Genesis do not have Jenova cells. The explanation for Genesis's abilitieis is "gene mapping," which is simply reorganizing the genome to resemble Jenova's.

Also, the Jenova cells are very much not destroyed. Yes, yes, I saw Geostigma being cured, but that proves nothing except that Geostigma was cured. If the Cetra couldn't destroy Jenova & the Planet couldn't destroy Jenova then there's no way that Great Gospel could have destroyed Jenova.

Great Gospel needn't have necessarily cured Geostigma in that fashion. Afterall, it injured the Remnants, who had no Jenova cells inside of them. Great Gospel has always been a healing skill. Eliminating a plague & destroying undead are just par for the course for it.
I think that too. But is there any proof that shows Great Gospel cured only Geostigma and not the Jenova cells?

Neo Bahamut said:

As to the question in the topic, it seems as though Cloud just plans to adopt. Regardless of whether or not he has kids, there will still be Jenova cells. Sure, right now, Sephiroth's being is "focused around his hatred of Cloud," but that could change & Cloud's still alive. Either Sephiroth needs to accept his own demise or something needs to happen to destroy his ability to ressurrect for good.

Talk about some misconceptions, there's quite a few in this quote! First off, the only way to cure Geostigma is to destroy the cells and purify the tainted lifestream. It doesn't put a band-aid on the problem -- it gets rid of it entirely.

Also, IT ISN'T GREAT GOSPEL. I'll repeat that. IT ISN'T GREAT GOSPEL. The planet itself took action, perhaps on Aerith's prompting, but it was Gaia that made the cure.

Read the bit here about mako poisoning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_%28Final_Fantasy_VII%29

No Great Gospel. This also tells you how the infected became so. There's simply no other way to cure the disease than by eliminating the Jenova cells. It's caused BY the J-cells. You can help the symptoms, sure, but that would require constant treatment. Seeing as that ALL sources conclusively say that Geostigma has been cured, not just having the symptoms treated, then that could only mean that the thing that causes the disease -- the J-cells -- have been destroyed.

That being said, not all Jenova cells are gone. By no means! We see this clearly in DoC, where people are still infected. But a huge amount of J-cells were destroyed. And Sephiroth will always be around -- his soul has returned to the Lifestream. The only thing that has changed now is that his ability to make a presence and effect in the living world has been cut off with the destruction of most of the J-cells. As Rufus said in-movie 'Go on. Bring your Jenova's and your Sephiroth's. It won't matter. We'll defeat you every single time.' This is a part of the cyclic symbolism in the game/movie. If you look, you'll find a lot of it in the game -- Jenova's rise and fall and rise(sorta); Cetra rise and fall and rise(through Aerith); Cloud's rise (joining SOLDIER) and fall (Niblehiem) and rise again (endgame and movie) and then he falls again (suicidal from Geostigma) and he rises again (end movie, he's cured feels content with life).

This repetition of rising to strength, falling, and rising again is everywhere. It's an analogy of sorts of the whole good vs. evil -- as long as there is good, there will also be evil. So Sephiroth will also be around in some form or another -- but there will also always be a Cloud of some form or another to keep him in check.

And though Nomura has referred to Tifa in ways that have been made into somewhat ambiguous by shippers, I'm pretty sure Tifa has won this round. If Cloud doesn't ask her, she'll ask him. It's pretty inevitable at this point. But, I could be biased. Pick your ship and set sail on whichever side you want. :P

Which one? Gallian Beast, the Chainsaw guy, Choas?

In uetero, before the nucleotydes in DNA and the peptides in the Brain have taken there final position, you can splyce in desired genetic traits and take out disease causing cells to make a srong fetus.

Given how close Hojo was to licrecia he would have been able to closely check the genetic structure of the young Sephiroth, and make desired changes to the fetus
FFVII didnt really divulge how Hojo altered the baby Seph.

Its possible Hojo just injected Sephiroth and left him alone to see what would happen
but this just sounds reckless, which would be up Hojos alley lol
This is all relatively new stuff, however, and I really doubt that SE had much of a handle on this to be able to "suggest" that's how Hojo accomplished his goal. The fact that the game says "injected with Jenova cells" rather than "recombined with the DNA of Jenova", shows that they probably don't have too much of a biological basis for Projects S and G. I don't think it's too wise to debate about the technicalities of the scientific procedure for a game that was really reaching outwith its time.

Genesis...does; that's incontrovertible (provided the lore isn't LYING to us). Again, I don't think it's wise to debate about the science of the game's fictional procedures.

I'm positive I've read somewhere that so long as one single Jenova cell remains, Sephiroth will never be able to truly perish. Since Cloud has the Jenova cells in his body, that says to me that Sephiroth will never die unless Cloud dies, too (which, by the way, I think would be a FANTASTIC end to the series - we've got a few years yet before we see the end, I think it's happening! I really do!). So, for his future, I'm going to say that he dies.

This is all relatively new stuff, however, and I really doubt that SE had much of a handle on this to be able to "suggest" that's how Hojo accomplished his goal. The fact that the game says "injected with Jenova cells" rather than "recombined with the DNA of Jenova", shows that they probably don't have too much of a biological basis for Projects S and G. I don't think it's too wise to debate about the technicalities of the scientific procedure for a game that was really reaching outwith its time.

Genesis...does; that's incontrovertible (provided the lore isn't LYING to us). Again, I don't think it's wise to debate about the science of the game's fictional procedures.

I'm positive I've read somewhere that so long as one single Jenova cell remains, Sephiroth will never be able to truly perish. Since Cloud has the Jenova cells in his body, that says to me that Sephiroth will never die unless Cloud dies, too (which, by the way, I think would be a FANTASTIC end to the series - we've got a few years yet before we see the end, I think it's happening! I really do!). So, for his future, I'm going to say that he dies.

As far as the procedure used for the Projects, I agree with you. Reading an entire book on genetic science won't really explain anything at all. We're missing a really, really big factor here. The people who made this game are NOT scientists, and whereas I do believe they probably gave it a few days research to use terms correctly, I highly doubt they planned an entire history of genetic manipulation, reading books and books on it. If you want to know how it happened, just consider this: It's a goddamn game =P.

Another thing I'd like to add, "Cloud's Future". Well, I'm one of the actual believers that Final Fantasy VII should have ended with Final Fantasy VII. Period. All of the crap they spawned out of the thing made the entire storyline incoherent and completely nonsensical. I honestly think they've done enough, and exploiting that oil well called Final Fantasy VII IS going to make that well dry off.
As far as any reason goes, the best idea would be to leave it as it is, and that is most likely what's going to happen. Honestly fans these days are way too unsatisfiable to actually do this sequel or ending to the series, because after that, they'll be asking for prequels, or even more sequels. Better to just let it die while it still has any "Fantasy" on it at all.

There's even dedicated websites for people who really - I mean REALLY - want Square Enix to know that they want a prequel to Final Fantasy X, featuring Auron, Jecht and Braska. Is the concept attractive? Of course it is! Would it work with Square ->>> ENIX <<<-? No. They'd probably join concepts that completely make no sense at all and that would consequently make Final Fantasy X incoherent.

This is what happened with Crisis Core. The existence of Genesis, the Tsviets... it just made it all so laughable. That's my opinion any way, but honestly, we're all just gamers, so what the hell do we know lol.

^THIS!

But I have a question. Did Cloud's Jenova cells get cured by the rain in AC?

YES. THE JENOVA CELLS AND TAINTED LIFESTREAM WERE DEALT WITH DURING THE CURING RAIN. THE JENOVA CELLS WERE DESTROYED AND THE TAINT WAS PURGED FROM THE BLACK LIFESTREAM.

I WILL PUT SOUND EFFECTS TO THIS ANN0UNCEMENT NEXT TIME IT IS ASKED!

O_O

(p.s. yes, it is safe to righteously lol your butt off now.)

I doubt it will be passed on in the first place, Mako is energy, you dont pass on energy on to kids(unless FF world is different)

Back